WinSPWW2 Tournament, The Phony War - (NOT ROOKIES)

tombell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The last set of gamefiles did not work out.
SPww2 said that there was an error loading.

So,they have to be resent to me from john.

tombell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got a new rig. vista Ultimate 4 gig ram nvidia 8800gtx 22 inch acer moniter.

SPWAW wont play, SPWW2 and SPMBT wont work at full screen. I'm pissed,

tombell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It say, Can't open file for write access.

Maybe DD can end it buy putting my playes to computer and let it play out. All right?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John/Tom,

Can either of you send the latest files you have? I have the files John sent that look like Turn 13. If you have later files let me know, otherwise, I'll go with them. Once I have the latest files, I will let the AI play out Tom's remaining Turn/Turns and we'll go with the final scores from that process.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't any to send.
NP, just wanted to make sure I had the latest copy that John had sent to you and confirm what turn was showing when he sent it.

On a side note, you are using Vista now correct? Are you aware of the UAC/File Compatibility system where files you DL do not go into the actual directory you DL to, especially files that the new OS flags a "system like" files (like the .dat file used in SP)?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, but where do they go?
It's hard to explain but I'll give it a shot. Took me several weeks to figure out. :angry:

I DL my .zip Pbem file to a special folder I created and then extract them there (into a subfolder for the zip). For me I use;
"C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\DL"

Then I "move/copy" the unzipped files to the actual PBEM Games folder for my WinSP game (in this case WinSPWW2) here;
"C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\PBEM Games"

The problem is not all the files get copied there due to security/Admin privileges in Vista. It pots them in a temporary area for the user signed in and in a subfolder of that user named "VirtualStore".

Close Windows Explorer and browse back to the "C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\PBEM Games" location using Windows Explorer/File Manager and you may notice some files not there (usually the .dat file sometimes all the Pbem files).

If you look at the top of your Windows Explorer screen, under your menu bar you may see something that says "Compatibility Files". Click that. In my case I am redirected to this folder location;

"C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\PBEM Games"

and there are my "copied files" (you will notice the path and location of your files is NOT in the correct location). :mad:

IF you now move/copy those files from there to the place they are supposed to be they will actually get moved/copied there;

"C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\PBEM Games"

They should now show in the correct folder where they should have been in the 1st place.

Now go and load WinSPWW2 and retry loading the Pbem game like you used to. Let me know if this works.