WinSPWW2 Tournament, The Phony War - (NOT ROOKIES)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That´s the same address you sent them from, eh? I replied to the original mail.
I got yours. Must making sure. A few out there also have my doubledeuce email in their address books for Pbem and other stuff. :smoke:

tombell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's right. Download the files then play them one after the other, then email the files back to your opponent. That way you can play both sides in one day, (or more). Then we wont have to age one year before the next round starts.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
What, Im playing Shortreen again? Also, will you update the score in the tourney fields?

(Yes, I did receive the setup files)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What, Im playing Shortreen again? Also, will you update the score in the tourney fields?
No. Look at the Round 2 section. You are playing John(txic).

I'll be updating the Tourney page shortly. Got too many projects converging at the same time. :paperbag:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Umm... I cant see that in the round 2 section... Anyways, ima email John and get the game rollin.

By the way Deuce, the scenario files you sent me arent working. I have an error message saying: Save game failed to load. (sent you the files back in an email to analyze)

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By the way Deuce, the scenario files you sent me arent working. I have an error message saying: Save game failed to load. (sent you the files back in an email to analyze)
Please refer to Post #17 of this thread. In particulare this part;

*German Player Instructions:*

1. Double Deuce will email players Scenario Files (.zip format).
2. Players will save the scenario (both the .cmt and .dat) to their Scenarios folder.
3. Start WinSPWW2 and go into the Editor.
4. Load your copy of the Scenario #618-623 "TPW2 - Into the Reich".
5. Select "Deploy" for the German Player.
6. Manually deploy, all German units (except the 2 SdKfz ADGZ's) in any hex East of the White X's. Do NOT entrench any units. Make sure
to set facing, range, etc.
7. Deploy the following Build Points using the 'x' key (25 Wire, 10 Mines).
They cannot be placed on any Objective Hex!
8. Do not move any French forces or edit, modify any German forces! All you are doing is placing the German units where you want them to start.
9. Once you have deployed your forces, Save the Scenario.
10. Email the Scenario Files back to Double Deuce.

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Deuce, still havent had reply from you re round two files. The second set you sent me wont open either, same error message. I tried opening round 1 files, and they loaded without a problem, so i dunno what the matter is.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vas, I'll have to send you the other 3. Don't know why they wont load, these are the same ones the other players used to deploy their forces for Round 2.

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
*sigh*

So do we have any games going yet?

Vas, you must be doing something wrong. Something simple. Are you patched up to the latest version? ...and you copied the files into the scenario -folder and then try to open them thru the editor??

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone heard from Shortreengage? He hasn't logged on since the 1st or so. He may be having trouble accessing the site under the old URL. If anyone is in contact with him please pass along my attempts to get in touch.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very Strange. John, have you managed to load yours?
Vas -I have emailed you the 4 sets of scenario files that the others have used to create their deployment files from. They are;
  • spscn618_TPW2
  • spscn620_TPW2
  • spscn621_TPW2
  • spscn623_TPW2

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just an FYI, ALL Round 1 scores have been posted.

If Shortreengage doesn't show back up soon I'll have to revise the scoring so that his future opponents are balanced out. I may also bring in a substitute replacement to finish out hos games.

Anyone out there want to volunteer to jump in should that come necessary?

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
OK, now Im really pissed. Not a single one of those files that deuce has sent is loading. It keeps coming up as: error, failed to load saved file. Am I missing a patch or something (im on version 1.1b - DL) or some kind of OOB? This is really bugging now, as I have a bit more free time to play, but cant even get started. The previous tourney game for round 1 loads up fine, I just tried.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ok, just now saw that theres a 2.0 patch. COMPLETELY missed that. Will upgrade and try again.