WinSPMBT - RPG - Test Scenario!

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, for those interested in trying to run a single man unit (player character in role-playing game terms) please stay tuned to this thread.

How it Works:
Each player essentially creates you own character (1 man unit).
  • You pick a nationality and unit type infantryman, scout, sniper, machinegunner, engineer, etc.
  • You select your personal weapon (rifle) from that nation's OOB. Some may be able to select a LMG BUT must carry their own ammo.
  • You select Support Weapons (limited to some grenades, molotov coctails or a light AT weapon). Enginners can start with a flamethrower, or a satchel charge, etc.
Whatever you pick would have to be realistically portable by a single person in combat conditions!

In essence I will create a story for the players to play with their units. I may allow them to start with a vehicle or some non-player characters controlled by a selected player to fit the story. You may find a radio, special weaposn to carry int the next scenario, etc. Kind of an interactive campaign where we will make things up as we go along. The story will evolve based on my desires and player input (you guys come up with the mission ideas, I'll create scenarios for you to play it).

Each will be played against the AI or another, single enemy commander.

For this test situation I have 2 characters ready for to go.

They are;

Skirmisher and Vas FURY while Double Deuce will play the AI forces.

OUR CURRENT STORY

Situation:

1Lt Skirmisher and Sgt Vas FURY are mercenaries hired by a local warlord as bodyguards. The story starts with them on board an Mi-2 helicopter headed to a briefing at HQ when the helo develops engine trouble and crashes into some woods known to be inhabited by some very tough/mean bandits. :devious: Both Skirmisher and Vas FURY are thrown clear of the wreckage without injury. Each of them has their personal weapon (with some ammo), 3 frag grenades, 2 smoke grenades and night vision goggles. (see posted attachments)

It is dark with visibility limited to about 300 meters.

Skirmisher is the mission leader BUT each player moves/commands his own unit during the game.

Player Objective:
Is to survive through turn 8 when you will be considered rescued by friendly forces. Avoid detection any way possible. :laugh:

Additional Info:
The game will last 8 turns. It uses PbeM slot # 1. Your password is "green". Skirmisher, you DL the file to start things off. Open the file, play your character ONLY and SAVE the game (do not end the turn!!!). Zip and send the file to Vas FURY.
Vas FURY you will then open the Pbem game, enter the password "green" and play your character ONLY! Vas FURY, you will END the player's turn, zip the file and send to me so I can play the AI side. WE ALL will do a detailed AAR in this thread as play develops so everyone interested can follow along.

IF you have questions please post them in this THREAD HERE so we can keep this one clean and the story focused and flowing.

Here are the 2 player characters.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Crash Scene

Here is the starting crash scene. Skirmisher and Vas FURY are shown near the burning wreckage of the Mi-2. Roaming bandits have seen the explosion and are on their way to loot the wreckage and kill or capture any survivors. ;)

The player's Mission . . . to survive for 8 turns when at such time they will then be considered to have been rescued by other friendly forces.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 1 (Getting ejected from helocopters)

Intense heat coming from the burning helo fuel was demanding action. I mourned the loss of the pilot privately and briefly. Nothing was salvagable. We both were aware that we couldn't afford to be captured by the locals and would do everything in our power to avoid it. The M4 Carbine had also survived the crash.
I had a mere 65 rounds of ammo and a few grenades. I cursed to myself when I remembered I had failed to replace the clip in the weapon,it had maybe 5 or 6 rounds in it. So a couple full clips would have to do.
Heading east I moved quietly up a leaf covered hill and into an area of thick cover at the top,the good cover continued as we headed east further. I paused for abit to wait and look hawklike at the surrounding terrain using night vision goggles.
In due course we would be evacuated out of the area but that wasn't going to happen right away,for now we have a game to play. Stay Alive.

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Turn 1

Sergeant Vas Fury was an experienced soldier, and his intuition told him that the current situation was no mere accident. He felt like a lab rat, under observation of some dominating entity. He felt watched. He felt an ever-present analytical gaze drilling into the top of his head, and he felt hungry eyes staring from the deep shadows of the surrounding woods. Most of all, despite all his enhanced training, he felt scared. This was a forest of hunters, and he was the prey. He was certain that the flames of the burning helo, which were so nicely warming his body in this chilly darkness, were bound to have also attracted unwelcome attention of the forest’s deadliest predator –ruthless gang members. He understood, that his only chance of survival was to hide, and pray that the transmission of their position, which the pilot managed to send off before they crashed through the branches, had been received. The pilot. His body lay burned and twisted, half protruding out of the shattered cockpit. Vas wandered over to the still smouldering corpse, but was halted in his tracks by some sudden movement in the gloom of the woods. He made a grab for the AKSU slung across his shoulder, but the sweat from his hands made the stock slippery, and he dropped the SMG. He cursed, and made an attempt to pick it up but he was halted by a loud and commanding voice: “WAIT!â€. Fury paused. All he could see was a dark wall of trees. Then, unexpectedly, a figure emerged from the gloom. “Its me, Skirmish!, Hurry up soldier, we haven’t got much time!â€. The relief Vas felt at that particular moment, was the best feeling he has ever experienced in his entire existence. He was no longer alone. In front of him was Skirmisher, the best damn mercenary money could buy. “I said hurry up Fury, stop staring. I know I look sexy this time of year, but we gotta get moving, grab your weapon and lets goâ€. With that, Skirmisher turned around and slowly merged back into the darkness of the woods. Fury picked up the gun, methodically unfolded the stock, checked, primed shouldered the weapon, and followed into the uncertain shadows of the trees, and on to an unpromising future…

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After having reported seeing the large fireball hit the ground, the warlord's informant grabbed up his trusty hunting rifle and headed out into the woods to investigate.

He was hoping to loot a few things from the crash site before the warlord's henchmen arrived on the scene in their jeep. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 2 (In thick cover)

We moved through the wooded area slowly watching carefuly for a sign of anything,
Vas was flanking me on the left. The woods became thicker,more tangled. It was harder to move forward.
Continue to move we did though,braced for a possible firefight anytime.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Turn 2

The movement through thick undergrowth was beginning to tire Vas out. His eyes hurt from the night vision goggles, but they were the only means of seing his way in the ever-present darkness, and also the only means of not loosing his partner. Skirmisher was kneeling ahead scanning the area. As Vas approached, he signalled for him to take point. Although reluctant to do so, (for he was unwilling to let Skirmisher out of his sight due to the fear of being left on his own) Fury slowly advanced further into the trees.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that the Bandit Leader was given the exact location of the crash site by his informant he quickly dispatched several soldiers in a jeep to check things out.

Since the bandits knew their informant would be approaching the site from the South they decided to leave the road and enter the woods North of his location. As they neared an old abandoned wooden building about 100 meters North of the crash site they slowed their jeep to a crawl. Knowing any survivors could be waiting to ambush them as the came close they kept their weapons ready.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 3

Could have sworn I heard an engine running off to the north for the briefest of moments.
We continued to move through the woods,the density had begun to break up abit.
Getting as far away as possible from the crash is a priority now.
Time was passing getting us closer to getting out of here.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Turn 3

Vas's eyes stung with precipitation for he could now hear some sort of engine coming from the direction of the crash site, and he could see a vague outline of a shape moving through the hardly visible forest track they passed earlier. He resisted the urge to engage him at long range, sensibly realising that a hit at such a distance and through such a forested area was highly unlikely, and was also bound to bring the attention of those searching for them. Instead, he continued moving on their heading with Skirmisher, but this time much slower and always watching six...

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Having moved further east the Bandit Leader ordered one of his men to dismount and search on foot while he and the rest of his men prepared to continue on in their vehicle.

To the south, their informant is still creeping through the woods looking for movement.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 4

The going had been getting easier and finally the forest opened up abit. Ahead lay a bowl of sorts in the woods which we decended into. The bottom was thickly wooded,to the south higher ground rose up,and to the northeast it was flatter.
Leaves litered the forest ground and we needed to be careful not to make noise.
I liked the spot,it was easily defended. We needed to rest up abit.
We stopped and hid ourselves in the dense growth at the bottom of the bowl.
The way we had come was a hill that we could see most of quite clearly thanks to the current generation of night vision gear. At the top of the hill was the forest we had just come from. The high ground to the south bothered me abit,and I decided we better not stay to long. Better to head north east and merge back into a thicker part of the forest in that direction.

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Turn 4

Skirmisher's proposal to rest was heartily taken up by Vas, for he was weary from the constant movement through the thick foliage, and his eyes hurt from overuse of the night-sight. Unfortunately, it seemed that a mere minute had passed before Skirmish ordered a move-out, and Fury, although unhappy, bit back the resolve to argue, for he understood that now was not the time for petty squabbling: their lives were at stake. He grunted an acknowledgement, rose, hefted the AKSU and followed Skirmisher into the woods.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 5

I couldn't escape the sense that we were sharing these woods,somebody else was here ,I could feel it.
The forest ubruptly ended after we had traveled a short distance to the north east, rolling tall grasslands with some rough rock outcroppings lay beyond. I loathed the idea of getting caught out there being fired at from the forest. My mind thought back to that high ground to the south,if we could find a wooded high area perhaps we could surprize the enemy with force.
Of course the enemy might be there allready, we would have to be careful.

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Turn 5

The sound of the engine could easily be heard through the calm of the forest. He could sense the uneasiness in his partner, and Vas himself felt exposed. Ahead of them stretched an open plain with hardly any cover in sight, and if they were discovered there, then it would ll be over. With no idea what to do, he rested against a tree, keeping watch on their six, and waited for an order...

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As the bandits pressed forward into the forest the trail became impossible for the jeep to navigate. Deciding to go further east on foot the bandit leader climbed out of his jeep telling the driver to shut off the engine and stay there. As he was about to start off into the woods he was hit by a short burst of AK fire, the rounds killing him instantly.

The survivors had been found and the remaining bandits began to close in of the sound of gunfire wondering how many of the enemy they would find.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 6 (Bandits)

We had heard the jeep coming through the woods up the trail,we both moved toward the sound and got a decent vantage point,ahead of us the jeep cut it's engine and one man got out and approached.
Before he got 2 feet Vas fired a burst of rounds that hit the man in the chest.
He died instantly.
I aimed at the vehicle and squeezed off a small burst myself hitting the vehicle in the gas tank. The vehicle exploded killing the driver.
I motioned that we should head south east,VAS nodded and we were off.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Turn 6

Damn, they were discovered. The gang-members must have unfortunately found their tracks - unfortunately for them because now they were discovered, unfortunately for the gangsters because one lay in the undergrowth with a gaping hole in his chest, and one was burning away behind the steering wheel of the exploded jeep. They were bound to have friends. Skirmisher lay prone next to Vas after having so expertly disabled the vehicle. He signalled to quickly move south east, and FURY obeyed the order, moving in that direction but still keeping the wreckage in sight in case of any patrols which might get drawn to the glow of the flames. This was not going to be an easy getaway after all...

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After hearing the screams of their leader and the exploding jeep the 2 remaining bandit quickly changed direction and headed southeast. As they did this the informant moved to the woods edge to set up a nice killzone in case the enemy tried to escape to the south across the open ground in front of him.