wings of war

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
this new xbox game ships tomorrow.its a flight sim type game set in ww1,this should really be cool flying bi,and tri wing fighters.from what i've read you can earn medals,and achieve ace statis.can hardly wait to blow some blimps,and at 19.95 you can't hardly go wrong!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
from the reviews i've read it sounds like a solid game.the screen shots look very nice also.theres not much in the way of ww1 games out in the world,and dog fighting in a bi-plane has got to be a blast.with 70 missions total i imagine there will be quite a bit of variety also.

Marines

Reaction score
You know this really pisses me off. I wish I had never sold my XBox. I may have to go out and buy another one not just for this game but for all the others.

suchey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone that owns this game? Can you play it over "live" on the Xbox?

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OMG! Red Baron finally done RIGHT! (and in 3D!) Well maybe not... does it play like an arcade sim or does it play a little more like a real flight sim.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The XBOX version was $13 (or $20...can't quite remember) at Fry's Electronics last weekend.

HiredGoon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked up the game last weekend. It's a pretty good game, not the most realistic flight sim, but entertaining. The graphics are good, but could use some more detail, especially in the battle damage inflicted on the planes. Rather than bullet holes being punched through the canvas, large chunks of the wings or tail fall off when you're shot up too much. Another unrealistic aspect of the game is that in campaign mode, it has you doing missions which are more fitting for WWII aerial combat rather than WWI, including shooting down multiple planes and balloons, firing rockets at ground targets and dropping multiple bombs from fighters. Another unrealistic aspect of the game is that it has you jumbing from one plane to another in mid-air to switch roles, such as switching from a recon plane to a bomber, etc. One plus is that it looks like the maps may be modified period aerial photographs, especially the Verdun map. The game was designed more for the modern American hyper-active teenager rather than serious WWI historian/gamer. Overall it's good but not great, hence i suspect the $20 price tag.

_Brill_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HiredGoon said:
The game was designed more for the modern American hyper-active teenager rather than serious WWI historian/gamer.
So you're saying we are all on pills?!?!?!?11111 :nuts: ok, you're right

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The PC version is being modded at the moment (new mods out now) to make it more realistic.

Go over to SIM HQ Forums were the game is being discussed and links to the mods can be found.

Im going to buy this now, wouldnt have before I Knew about the mods.