Windtalkers movie-review

Rince

Reaction score
Country
llLuxembourg
Not only that the review is really good, means informative, not too long and to the point, it also reflects exactly my opinion.

Windtalkers is a waste of money and I am glad I grabbed it on the net and did not buy it on DVD!!

Chuck?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the positive feedback. I thought this movie would be better but it was disappointing. Any more war movies coming out soon?

andyfromva

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree with the review and the sentiments of the other posters. Windtalkers was a disappointment largely because the focus was on Cage, the big "star", rather than on the Navahos, who were supposed to be the subject of the movie.

I also agree that the relative fighting qualities of the Japanese vs. the Americans were portrayed in a ridiculous manner. Compared to the fighting scenes in "We Were Soldiers", Windtalkers is a bad joke.

I disagree with the review only in that I would give Windtalkers 1 star at most.

Headshot

Reaction score
was the battle in which cage was injured not the most ridiculous thing you have ever seen? Hey guys ive get a tommy gun with a 75 round clip. Explain that. And since when did the US forces assault positions with the help of no armor.Ridiculous, just plain ridiculous

Rince

Reaction score
Country
llLuxembourg
the use of code

talking about ridiculous:

can anyone answer me this question?

Did the Navajos, those who knew the code, really take part in combat? I mean, would the US-Forces risk loosing their only code the Japs had not broken to direct artillery fire on some hill on some island? What good for to use any code by the way, in those battle situations? What would the Japs do if they knew that our war-hero Cage has just asked for arty support on hill 352? ...move the hill?

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I have not seen this movie but as far as I know it involves American Indians using their native language to communicate 'en Clair' but as the Japs could not speak their language it was safe to so.
If that's the case it reminds me of a situation that Irish troops serving with the U.N. in the Lebanon faced some years ago trying to keep the Israelis and the Palestinians apart. The Officers were able to speak over the radio network by talking in Gaelic Irish! The Israelis apparently tried to get a University Professor from Jerusalem to help out but I don't think he knew enough Irish to make a difference