Windows 8 compatability?

Rule_303

Reaction score
Hey Redwolf, any thoughts on Google Chrome as an operating platform instead of overpriced resource hog Windows? Per Bloomberg, Acer has been getting good sales of Chrome notebooks. I mean, specifically for a gaming machine. I've been overdue for a new rig for some time now. Thanks in advance.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Redwolf, any thoughts on Google Chrome as an operating platform instead of overpriced resource hog Windows? Per Bloomberg, Acer has been getting good sales of Chrome notebooks. I mean, specifically for a gaming machine. I've been overdue for a new rig for some time now. Thanks in advance.
Well the Samsung Chromebook is #1 seller on Amazon for laptops now.
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Laptop/zgbs/pc/565108

First windows laptop is #6.

But ChromeOS is quite a bit different from a regular OS Linux. It's completely locked down so that neither malicious software nor you can run any software other than the browser. The browser itself is quite a bit more secure than either windows or Linux versions of chrome (more advanced sandbox).

You can't play games on it other than in-browser games and then they have to be compatible with Chrome, on Linux.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick update, I actually do have problems, no US troops show up and certain German vehicles, mostly Panthers are invisible too.

You can track the US infantry though as all of their weapons still show up floating in the air.
I'm now getting this as well. I don't know about the vehicles because I've only used the new laptop for my all infantry monster PBEM. It does look as funny as I imagines. The biggest gameplay problem is that I can't tell if an enemy unit is cowering or not. I imagine if it stays this way for a while I'll just be able to tell by the positions of the floating guns.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I can confirm that the game does have issues with Intel graphics. Not sure if that is a Win8 issue though. But don't just flit out and buy any cheap laptop with Win8 and expect it to work with CM because you read it here.

Edit: I have a high end HP coreI7 Win8 ENVy dv7 Notebook, 8GB, 64 bit win8, Intel HD 4000

Last edited:

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm now getting this as well. I don't know about the vehicles because I've only used the new laptop for my all infantry monster PBEM. It does look as funny as I imagines. The biggest gameplay problem is that I can't tell if an enemy unit is cowering or not. I imagine if it stays this way for a while I'll just be able to tell by the positions of the floating guns.
This was fixed for me aft the last patch, are you using the last patch?