Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ?

Lt. Stark

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Longtime lurker here, been enjoying HPS early American battles for years now on my old XP rig in the den but its on its last leg and its time to move on.

I'm looking to replace the desktop with win 7 64 bit laptop but am hesitant till I find my HPS titles will run ?

Any feedback would be a great help ........:smoke:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
They should still run without issue, as long as you take a couple of steps when you set things up:

1) Avoid the default installation directory. Instead go to something like C:\Games\1776

2) Apply the latest updates off the HPS site.

I run Win 7 32-bit without issue and at least one person on the development side is running the 64-bit version.

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I run Window 7 64 bit and all my HPS games work just fine. I installed all like I did my French and Indian War ( c:\FIW), and they work properly, and much quicker than on my old machine, plus the 3d zoom in view looks pretty good now. ;-) al

Lt. Stark

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks again guys,
Installed and runs with out any headaches .

plus the 3d zoom in view looks pretty good now.
Indeed, I usually play as everyone in 2d and upon sweeping my old PC HD before the final shutdown I came across some of my old 2D mods... Bonus !

Lt. Stark

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks,
Once I get the hang of this windows7 I'll take you up on the offer....8)
The install with the advice above went well and I'm up 'n running , acually its more like muzzleloading the game in but uneventful.

Lt. Stark

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2D is finally finished, working on unit images which I'm porting/scans of my copy's of GMT's Battles Of The American Revolution counter art.

Lt. Stark

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks,

I’m still tinkering, 2D is finally just about finished and I have started on the 3D graphics….

Here is 3D zoom with an actual purpose