Wind Question

HercMighty

Reaction score
I recived my ASLJ #6 today and have a question from page 7. It says for German Turn 1 T1 German RPh:

93 Wind Change DR 1,1 Possible Change
94 Wind Effect dr 1 Mild Breeze
95 Wind Direc. dr 4

Now I get line 93 is from B25.65 and a DR of 2 a change is to occur by the chart below. What I do not get is what lines 94 and 95 mean. If you roll on the chart a 1 should be: "Direction: one hex CW". And a 4 would be "Direction: two hexes CCW"

Now I am waiting for my ASL stuff to arrive tomorrow so I do not have the scenario in front of me so I guess this could be part of a SSR but I am assuming that normally you do the DR and if a 2 do a dr with 1 - 6 and 12 causing an effect and 7 - 11 being no effect.

Thanks

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What product are we talking about.... Sorry if I'm being 'slow' - I've been accused of that before. :halo:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Question is about J73 "Tired and Unsupported" Series' replay.
Nothing particular about the Wind on scenario card.
SSR 1 has the classical "EC are moderate with no wind at start"
The dr subsequent to the 2 WC DR should be a 5 ot a 6 to create a Mild Breeze :
B 25.65 (extract)
dr Wind change
... ...
5 *Force increases one level
6 *Force decreases one level
* A change of Wind Force beneath No Wind or above Heavy Wind status is treated as a change to Mild Breeze instead. Direction changes have no effect unless there is currently a Mild Breeze or Heavy Winds.

So there is an error in the SR.
The result should be : no effect...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HercMighty said:
I recived my ASLJ #6 today and have a question from page 7. It says for German Turn 1 T1 German RPh:

93 Wind Change DR 1,1 Possible Change
94 Wind Effect dr 1 Mild Breeze
95 Wind Direc. dr 4

Now I get line 93 is from B25.65 and a DR of 2 a change is to occur by the chart below. What I do not get is what lines 94 and 95 mean. If you roll on the chart a 1 should be: "Direction: one hex CW". And a 4 would be "Direction: two hexes CCW"

Now I am waiting for my ASL stuff to arrive tomorrow so I do not have the scenario in front of me so I guess this could be part of a SSR but I am assuming that normally you do the DR and if a 2 do a dr with 1 - 6 and 12 causing an effect and 7 - 11 being no effect.

Thanks
He says "possible change" because if you roll a 1,1 wind change DR, followed by a 1,2,3,4 dr then no result occurs. Look at the * under the table, second sentence: "Direction changes have no effect unless there is currently a Mild Breeze or Heavy Winds."

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
So there is an error in the SR.
The result should be : no effect...
Right, unfortuntely many of the SR are full of such errors. I actually made a compilation of all the SR errors I could find through careful reading & sent it to MMP a year or so ago in the hopes that they'd change them in future reprints .. should they reprint them of course.

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about posting it as a "frequently misplayed rule" play aid? :) (I need all the help I can get)

Mike Owens

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is possible that the magazine contains a typo and that they acually rolled a "5" to correctly get an increase in Wind Force.

I like to think that JR, Paul, and JSlot -- three HIGHLY experienced players -- wouldn't have screwed up the Wind Change rule. The alternative -- that they would make a mistake that us mere ASL Mortals would make -- would shake my faith in the Senior ASL Corps to the foundations. :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Mike Owens said:
The alternative -- that they would make a mistake that us mere ASL Mortals would make -- would shake my faith in the Senior ASL Corps to the foundations. :)
You must have faith in the Holy Writ over your faith in its fallible servants... oh, but what if the RB were also full of mistakes ? :shock:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
You must have faith in the Holy Writ over your faith in its fallible servants... oh, but what if the RB were also full of mistakes ? :shock:
Now, students, we come to the classic theological question: Is the rule book the perfect word of ASL, or might it contain mistakes of men? How you answer this question of theology will determine your answer to your original question.

Sam "Low Priest"

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pward said:
How about posting it as a "frequently misplayed rule" play aid? :) (I need all the help I can get)
o.k, I just copied & pasted from my large QA/errata submission I had sent to MMP a couple years ago, errata & questions I had compiled for some years. The journal errata I'd found is toward the end, so you can just skip all the other QAs if you so choose and just zero in on the Series Replay stuff.

MMP ASL Questions &Errata:

A1.6 4th line shouldn’t “(concealment, 12.12 ...)†be “(concealment, 12.122 ...)†and “20.5" be “20.51â€.

A4.15 says if an OVR infantry unit (leader) fails its OVR TC then, “... no unit in his stack may attempt an NTC individually nor may any of those units move or take any other action during that phase.†Assuming the SMC being OVR was concealed does CC [4.152] still take place considering the OVR infantry cannot take any other action that phase since they failed their OVR TC in the concealed SMC’ location?

A4.6 Does CX negate FFMO?

A4.72 Is an infantry unit(s) that expends >= 4 MF by advancing into a difficult terrain location considered to be using assault movement for concealment loss purposes? Even if it becomes CX?

A5.11 A stack of units bypasses a building hex containing another stack of units resulting in greater than three squads in the hex. Are the bypassing units considered overstacked for MF expenditure and First Fire purposes? Would these moving units (or any units using bypass for that matter) be technically considered in the same location as the woods/building for certain purposes [as this] or in a separate location?

A7.33 says “... but a squad can fire one or two of its SW separately at different targets provided it does so in the same fire phase ...â€. So, can a squad which has first fired its inherent FP but not used a SW (or retained a MG’s ROF) fire this SW in the DFph at non-adjacent enemy units or does is fall under A7.1 which reference A.15 “... qualifying units may fire in both [Mph & DFph phases] without violating the general rule that no unit can fire in more than one phase per player turn (7.1).â€?

A8.223 and A9.22 May a MG establish a firelane with a snap shot?

A10.31 Can a leader suffering casualty reduction due to an original 12 #MC DR also suffer elr failure?

A10.51 Page A25 2nd Paragraph line 2: Is an open ground hex bordered by a wall/hedge considered a terrain hex for, “If no non-ignorable building/woods Location can be reached during that RtPh, a broken unit may rout to any terrain hex consistent with the above restrictions ...� What if the broken unit could be interdicted in such a hex? Are smoke/WP/vehicle/wreck/hammada/scrub/wire/tetrahedron/foxhole/gully/wadi considered terrain hexes for purposes of this rule (or even just a basic open ground hex {isn’t open ground terrain}?)?

A10.7 Lines 16 to 17, shouldn’t entrenching [B27.11] and clearance attempts [B24.7] be added to the list of tasks a leader may apply his leadership factor to more than once per phase?

A11.22 Assume a half squad advances into a woods hex in the advance phase and no ambush results. Then in the ensuing CCph during simultaneous cc the attacker rolls a KIA result greater than a 2 DR, but then the defender subsequently rolls an original 2 DR. Is the defender still KIA (as per 11.22 second sentence)? Or is the nature of cc momentarily suspended in this non-ambush infiltration situation with the defender getting to KIA the attacker [not getting killed in return] & also getting to withdraw.

A11.622 Is a successful SN attack by a motion bypass German AFV so equipped halved from 16 ift FP factors to 8 in CC?

A12.14 Does an AFV allow a +1 hindrance to concealed enemy infantry advancing into its location (assuming they pass PAATC) thus negating open ground and allowing the infantry to retain concealment?

A13.5 says “... wall/hedge TEM is NA to cavalry ...†Is bocage (since it is otherwise treated as a wall/hedge) TEM applicable to cavalry/cycles?

A15.22 What happened to 15.22? [The rules go directly from A15.21 to A15.23].

A15.46 Does a berserk unit return to normal after KIA’ing an enemy unit in CC (not TPBF nor with FT, but just normal FP/CCV)?

A23.72 & A12.33 Is not very specific on when HIP set demo may be used, only mentioning in passing in relation to its destruction: “... and random SW destruction will eliminate, a hidden set DC ....†Can a set DC given by SSR prior to play be setup hidden? One set during play without SSR as per A23.7 be hidden? One set as per A23.7 at night be hidden (since defender’s SW are recorded on side record until revealed as per E1.2)? Are set DC considered Fortifications as per A12.33 for HIP status or do they fall under the mine-field Fortification subcategory for HIP purposes?

A24.1 Smoke grenades: Assume a U.S. stack of three squads and a leader begin in an open ground hex & move as a stack. The 1st squad attempts smoke placement in an adjacent hex for 2MF, regardless of its success/failure the stack continues, also gaining 2MF for movement with Leader (after accepting any First Fire in its original hex for the 2MF smoke expenditure), and moves two open hexes expending 2 more MF in the process. Now the 2nd squad attempts smoke grenade placement in an adjacent hex for 2MF (again regardless of success/failure & surviving First Fire due to its 2MF expenditure). The stack then moves 2 more open hexes and the 3rd squad attempts smoke grenade placement as the other two did previously. My question is: Has the stack spent 6MF or 10MF (each squad in the stack certainly only spent 6MF & the leader 4MF)? Is this legal?

A24.2 9th line: Shouldn’t “he†be “be�

A24.62 Does smoke still drift from a smoke source placed during the Pfph during gusts or is it, as dispersed smoke, immediately removed?

B8.6 9th Line: May a tunnel lead into an OB-given Trench?

B8.41 2nd column line 8 says, “Whenever a lost stack’s final dr <= 5 ...†shouldn’t this be <5, because a dr of 5 (+1 for lost) = 6 (which is lost)?

B18.43 Says no ordnance may be moved into a graveyard while in the form of a 5/8 counter, except via a graveyard road hexside. May a 5/8 counter fire from a graveyard road hex? May it change its CA from a graveyard road hex? If so is its CA change penalties normal or doubled (as it is in woods/buildings)?

B20.2 Example: The LOS from 13P5 to Q3 leaves the blue green artwork in P4 (and is not even close in my opinion), shouldn’t this block the LOS between these two hexes?

B20.3 Shouldn’t it be “... provided a LOS INTO it exists�

B25.651 Do gusts remain in effect for only the player turn in which an original 12 wind change DR was made or also for each turn thereafter until a 2/12 DR is made? or would only back to back 12 DRs be considered continued/continuous gusts? [E3.75 line 5 seems to reinforce continuing gusts with, “ ... prior to wind change DR, Heavy winds/gusts were in force ...â€. How could gusts be in force prior to a wind change DR if not continuing/continuous?].

B28.411 A concealed unit doesn’t lose concealment due to a pin result vs minefield attack?

B28.531 Lines 8 to 10. Wouldn’t the vehicle itself be considered a good order unit (for daisy chain revealing purposes) to an infantry unit placing a daisy chain in its own AFPh ? If so, what would be the benefit of noting this on paper if it’s just going to be revealed immediately to the vehicle player?

B28.62 Is it legal for an attacking player to use extra blank counters, or to note on side record, those hexes which have been cleared of possible hidden mines/fortifications in scenarios which have large numbers of these (such as A56) or must the attacker remember?

B30.31 So, any CC {since no melee results vs a pillbox [B30.6 Line 9]} unit placing/setting/throwing a DC from inside a Pillbox’s hex should always resolve it as a set DC? {B30.31 last sentence “Any DC that detonates inside (i.e., after being Set within, or Placed/Thrown (A23.61) from and to within) a pillbox is resolved as a Set DC.}. So, even though a unit may enter an enemy-occupied pillbox’ hex {A4.14 does not apply since B30.43 & B30.1 state that a Pillbox is a Separate location} it can place/throw/set a DC, which is always resolved as a Set DC as per above vs the CA modifier (since attacker is in-hex B30.31) as follows {I’d appreciate it if you’d just cross check me on these assessments}:
Set DC: 36 FP -3 DRM (+3/+5***) = 36 FP and either +0/+2 Final DRM wood/stone.
Placed DC*: 36 FP -3 DRM (+3/+5***) = 36 FP and either +0/+2 Final DRM wood/stone.
Thrown DC*: 36: FP -3 DRM +2/+3**(+3/+5***) = 36 FP and either +2/+4 Final DRM against Pillbox wood/stone plus a separate 36 FP 0 Final DRM attack against an infantry attacker in the Pillbox’ hex using a separate dice roll (A23.5 23rd line {3rd from last line}) or a 36 FP +2 Final DRM attack vs CE PRC if thrown from a vehicle {with a +3 to the position DR}.
*(resolved as set B30.31)
**{vs target/thrower A23.6}
***{wood/stone Pillbox’ CA modifier}

B31.11 EX & B31.41 EX Are these two examples in error, or are they exceptions to A4.3 “Bypass cannot be used ... nor an obstacle is ablaze or contains an armed non-disrupted keu� Why on Earth would squad E enter K12 by bypassing the L12/K12 hexside?

B31.21 Should the normal stacking limit be: “one HS-equivalent and 5 PP†as it is in the tower (B34.21) or is it just one HS-equivalent & no SW?

C1.22 Last sentence says “However, failing to roll for Contact/Maintenance is considered voluntary loss of Contact only if the Observer has no LOS to the SR’s/FFE’s Blast Height; 1.32": Does this mean an observer moving with radio in the Mph & choosing not to roll for radio contact in the prep fire phase has in-voluntarily lost radio contact if he does have a LOS to the Srs/FFEs blast height? Must an Observer have a LOS to the blast height in each hex moved during the Mph, or just at the end of its/the Mph? ... end of its/the Aph? ... end of its/the Ccph (assuming successful close combat ambush/infiltration withdrawal situation)?

C1.3 May an AR be placed in a hex if no enemy units are in/adjacent whether known or not?

C1.34 Does an observer still have a LOS to a:thumbsdown: enemy unit in/adjacent to an FFE C if out of NVR? (For example if the NVR change DR resulted in a decrease of NVR from 3 to 1 in the Rph).

C2.2401 Gun Duels: Assume a CE bounding First Fire non-stopped AFV with a 5FP CMG and 3FP BMG moves into LOS and normal range of a U.S 9-2 leader & 667 infantry squad. Versus the infantry defender’s declared Def. First Fire attack of 6 even (or Subsequent First Fire attack of 3 even for that matter) may the AFV declare a gun duel with 2 FP? (Halved twice for bff & motion/non-stopped fire). If so, would the gun duel firer-based mods be as follows: 0 for the AFV {since, as it is using mgs on the IFT, no To Hit mods are present}, and a -2 gun duel firer-based mod for the 9-2 & 667 as leadership could apply if the squad had been firing a sw/mg as ordnance? Or would the gun duel firer-based mods be 0 for the AFV and 0 for the infantry squad + Leader (In that leadership doesn’t affect the defender’s gun duel calculation) resulting in lowest DR gets to attack first as per line 16?

C5.2 Shouldn’t [woods/building/rubble ..... +3] be added to the chapter C divider in line B of the Firer-Based hit determination DRMs?

C5.4 Shouldn’t the Chapter C chart under line D read: “Pinned Firer/Spotter/Area Fire ....†instead of just “Pinned Firer/Spotter ....�

C6.3 & C.8 Is an ordnance weapon firing at an AFV at 2 hex range during the Dfph that has moved that turn but expended a stop MP considered non-stopped for application of the -1 case L DRM?

C6.44 So the boresighting DRM is not allowed for a unit firing for the first time in the DFPh (not marked with a first fire counter)? If not, why is it applicable to the same unit in its PFPh but not in the DFPh?

C6.5 Is acquisition lost when an acquired vehicle is eliminated, or is just left in the wreck’s location/hex?

C6.5 & 6.57 Is it impossible for an AFV firing AP (HE equivalency) to gain acquisition against a hex/location containing concealed infantry/vehicles?

C8.3 Which Gun/AFV uses the 47 line of the C7.33 Heat to kill table?

C10.12 says: “A stopped vehicle not in bypass may unhook ...,†may a vehicle spend a stop MP prior to unhooking? If moving <= half its MP allotment prior to unhooking?

C10.31 Would a CX unit that has successfully pushed a gun 2 open ground hexes be able to load {C10.31 “A gun can be pushed and then hooked up during the same MPh, but only if its pushing infantry can still attempt to push that gun another hex in the MPh ...â€} or not {C10.11 “...but if it expends > half its MF allotment in pushing/entering that Gun’s hex, that Gun cannot then be hooked up by that unit in that Mph.â€}

C10.51 Should the last sentence read “...in the same MPh except for a stop MP†or not?

D2.3 Motion Bypass. If a vehicle is using/ends its MPh using motion bypass in a location occupied by defending infantry is it automatically subject to the -1 street fighting ambush (A11.8 2nd to last sentence, “Any vehicle in stationary Bypass or using VBM is also subject to Street fighting rules from any Infantry in the Bypassed obstacle of their hex)? And is the AFV subject to three Street fighting ambush attacks (since it’s in bypass) before it can attack back in its CCPh: once & twice by Reaction Fire {first and subsequent first fire} [A11.8 Line 15: “Reaction fire is identical to Street Fighting CC procedures except that the vehicle may not attack back ...â€] and thirdly in the ensuing CCPh [A11.31: “All CC attacks taking place in a location containing a vehicle (even if abandoned) must be declared sequentially (even if the vehicle neither attacks nor is attacked). The non-vehicle player attacks first ...â€]?

D2.5 & 2.7 If an AFV {assume momentarily a Tiger I with a red 12 MP speed} reverses into a woods hex [4 X ALL MP} would that subject it to both a woods bog DR [+0 DRM for expending all of its MP] and an ESB of [4 X 12 = 48 MP in this case which is an ESB DRM of 48 - 12 = +36 +2 German manufacturer = +38]?

D3.11 & 3.51 May a defending AFV continuously change its VCA in response to several moving Attacker AFVs during the Attacker’s MPh by firing its various MGs even without a possible chance of success? (EX: Defender AFV changes its VCA by shooting its BMG vs moving BU Tank A {no chance of killing/affecting Tank A with its BMG}, then changes VCA again vs moving BU Tank B by shooting its CMG {using VCA penalties since its pivoting instead of changing just its TCA}, then changes VCA again by using its AAMG {using VCA penalties as with CMG fire previously} vs moving BU Tank C, then changes VCA again by firing RMG vs Tank D (assuming it had one), then changes VCA again by firing a/an sD (assuming it had used its sD first since firing an sD is NA if it had fired D13.2), then again by using a motion attempt (D2.401, again assuming it had done this first since after being marked by first/final/intensive fire a motion attempt is NA), and lastly changing its VCA by firing MA (possibly more than once if retaining ROF). Where exactly does the line get drawn in this case (if it gets drawn at all)? {Assuming the Defender AFV would want to do all these VCA changes in order to maintain its frontal AF against moving & surrounding enemy Tanks (forcing frontal shots) in order to save itself until the DFPh [at which time other friendly AFVs from outside the area could possibly harm the enemy Tanks which have now surrounded the then multi-pivoting defending AFV or at least destroy/harm the Tanks threatening the surrounded AFV’s side/rear]}.

D3.32 Example 2nd paragraph line 9. Wouldn’t expending another MP to change CA (I assume TCA) also subject the tank to +1 [case A, firing outside its CA] if the one MP was a delay MP or to +1 [case A] & doubling the lower die of the To Hit DR for motion fire if the one MP was a start MP?

D5.4 May PRC abandon/unload from a vehicle during the same turn a failed bog removal attempt resulted in immobilization?

D8.1 May an immobilized AFV in CC/Melee change its TCA & fire during its own PFPh?

D13.2 May a smoke dispenser use/attempt be made during an opponent’s MPh if the vehicle has fired its MA/MG (assuming it had a ROF and retained it) and/or made a motion attempt (D2.401) or is in CC/Melee?

D14.21 9th to 11th lines say, “If more than 1 AFV is subject to Bog/Mechanical reliability only one DR is made (with different DRM potentially applying to different AFV)†the connecting clause states “Random selection is used to determine which AFV is affected.†So, if one AFV in a three-AFV platoon is subject to a building/woods bog DRM or celler/Rubble result (one or six on the red die of the DR) would random selection still be made if the adverse result (bog, falling into the celler, or rubble) could only possibly occur to the one AFV (a +3 bog DRM DR vs no bog roll for the other 2 AFV)?

E1.14 The last sentence, “...treat its NVR as 1 for a wheeled vehicle or 2 for a tracked vehicle.†is ambiguous. One interpretation is that the viewing unit’s NVR is 1 or 2 hexes to a vehicle/AFV regardless of whether it is moving/changing its VCA or not. Another interpretation is that the viewing unit’s NVR is 1 or 2 when this viewing unit is a wheeled vehicle/AFV viewing something during an NVR0 situation. I take it to mean, “... treat its NVR as 1[2] when viewing a moving/VCA-changing wheeled vehicle [tracked vehicle].†Is this correct?

E1.21 First sentence: If a unit is broken during bombardment (as in Scenario ASL 40) can it rout (only Low crawl at night E1.54) or is the broken unit locked in place due to Freedom of Movement E1.21? If it can low crawl and subsequently rallies before a condition of Freedom of Movement is met, is the resulting rallied unit locked in place where it now stands?

E1.31 Does searching cause cloaking loss?

E1.42 May cloaked units become CX to advance vs difficult terrain?

E1.71 So, a 7-16 HMG can boresight a location 16 hexes away at night even if the NVR is zero? [in order to create a firelane].

E1.91 Are leaders subject to the initial use restrictions? (OA issue #1 Page 8 under IX A says: “leaders (including armor leaders) may also attempt to place starshells at anytime during the MPh,†implying leaders aren’t restricted by E1.91.

E3.741 Extreme winter B#/X#: What about U.S., British, French, and others [for DYO purposes or Korea scenarios]?

E3.742 Does a squad rolling an original 12DR for a MC in extreme winter (non-building hex) suffer two casualty reduction for a 12 (casualty morale check) & extreme winter or just one casualty reduction?

E5.2 & 5.12 Can four German SMC & a MMG occupy a one-boat counter at 3 PP total [5.123 last sentence “Up to four SMC can be carried on any boat at no cost to its PP capacity.â€] or does this exceed its PP capacity by 3 PP, for 6 PP total [5.12 EXC: “for pneumatic boats only, each SMC equals 1 PP]?

E7.32 Does the aircraft player in a mistaken-air attack [the Defender] have the option of Not using its bomb load in either a mistaken strafing-run or a mistaken point-attack.

E7.41 Must a FB strafing a moving AFV bypassing a building containing infantry on the second level roll a To Hit DR separate from the IFT DR vs the infantry [7.41 9th line: “... a hit must be secured (with a separate DR ...â€] or is the IFT DR vs the Infantry the same as the To Hit DR vs the AFV [7.41 19th line: “... – using the Original To Hit DR vs the AFV as the IFT effects (modified appropriately) ...â€? Would this procedure be the same if the primary target were infantry moving to the second level of a building being bypassed by a motion AFV? – If it were woods instead of building?

E7.511 Must a FB continue its strafing run the full 4 hexes if damaged/forced to evade in its sighting TC hex?

E12.7 & E12.1 Is a SSR required, in addition to a pre-registered hex, for creeping barrage to be available to an attacker? A normal barrage?

F5.12 & B20.97 & A12.33 Do HIP fortifications, specifically wire/trench/entrenchments that setup in/IN wadis/gullies/depressions lose their HIP status when an enemy unit gains a LOS to the Depression hex (including crest status) or INTO it?

F12.51 Example: Why does the truck expend 5 MP moving from M7 to L7 (level 2 IN the Wadi to level 4 on the hill) and not 7 MP [4 MP (ascend level) +2 MP (intermediate level) + 1 MP COT (desert open ground)]?

J2.31 May H to H CC be declared against concealed defenders?

J2.5 Does a 6 dr cause a no effect on the entire board that rolls a 6, or just some continuous hex row?

Page K5 3rd Paragraph line 10: shouldn’t “between D2 and D3†be “between D2 and C3"?

Page K8 5th Paragraph last sentence: shouldn’t it read “... at their elevation to a non-adjacent same level target (B9.21).�

Page K9 Last Paragraph line 8: shouldn’t “...and the woods in H7 are only a level 1 obstacle (A6.43)†be “...and the woods in J6 cast a 2 hex shadow/blind zone due to the elevation difference between J6 & H7.�

Page K14 Last sentence first column: shouldn’t “assuming we had a LOS into F6" or “from G7" be added, since their last known position was G8?

Page K23 #7 The second sentence states that “surrender usually occurs when broken infantry is forced to rout due to being adjacent to a known, good order, armed enemy Personnel, but cannot do so without resorting to low crawl or being subject to interdiction...†but in the next paragraph it describes a situation on board #3 with German squads in T2 & U4 adjacent to a broken U.S. squad in U3 and the U.S. squad Low crawls into V2 (an open ground location & the only location it can rout to not adjacent to a known enemy unit) Why does this unit not surrender as per A20.21? Also, shouldn’t W1 be one of the three (should be four) options available in Line 7 same paragraph?

Journal #5 Page 18 3rd Paragraph Line 11: The author says a successful hit with an LMG firing as ordnance, “will kill the wasp on a final TK DR of 5 or less (6 = stun),†with an LMG basic TK # of 4 and a wasp AF of zero how does he come up with a final TK# of 6 (assuming normal range, front AF, no range effects on penetration [i.e. 3 to 8 hex range])?

Journal #5 Page 18 2nd Paragraph Line 15: The author, in referring to a CC situation vs a wasp says, “...but the squad may not survive the wasp’s return fire.†and Line 23 says “... although failed attacks on the vehicle may cause less stress.†[referring to a non-wasp carrier’s return fire in sequential CC]. The author seems to be implying that the wasp may use its FT in CC, but a vehicle FT is not listed among the possible AFV CC attacks vs infantry in A11.62: only AAMG, CMG, IFE ... FT are not listed, so I take it they cannot be used in CC vs infantry?

Journal #5 Scenario J80 It seems like the W2 & H3 overlay depictions on the board layout diagram are reversed; Isn’t H3 actually further North than W2?

Journal #5 Page 42 The diagram shows rubble in hexes U3 & V6 but on Page 44 1st column Line 23 it says “Z7 has been rubbled ...†not that it matters much, but which is it?

Journal #5 Page 45 1st column 9th Line (from bottom) of Tactical Tips says “...Russian AFV in the perimeter in not an MMC,†shouldn’t the 2nd “in†be “is�

Journal #3 Page 70 3rd column 2nd (from last) paragraph line 8: shouldn’t, “... more that a bocage hexside ...†be “... more than a bocage hexside ...�

Journal #3 Page 78 under B1.16 says “(so crews and Passengers can receive the CE DRM in addition to TEM)†but the 2nd edition ASLRB Rule D5.31 last sentence says “The CE DRM is not cumulative with any positive TEM.†Which is it?

Journal #2 Page 53 aftermath 4th line: shouldn’t “cathcing†be “catching�

Journal #1 I read the series replay carefully I think there are a few errors below:
Event 348 Shouldn’t “1 RFP attack in 41Q1" be “1 RFP attack in 40Q1"? (it was 40Q1 in event 337).
Event 402 Shouldn’t “HMC-E in 40O10" be “HMC-E in 41O10"? (it was 41O10 in event 270).
Event 467 & 505 Shouldn’t the target be 41Q6 instead of 40Q6 (it was 41Q6 in event 468).
Event 584 Linden/g.N in 41N7 during German PFph were previously in 41S7 (Event 550) during U.S Dfph.

Journal #1 Page 56 3rd column line 6: I’m not sure what word “fmorale†was supposed to be?

Journal #1 Page 57 1st column line 3: Not sure what word “sceirst†was supposed to be?

OA issue #1 Page 8 2nd column 3rd italicized example 5th line says “(in addition to the +2 TEM for woods)†shouldn’t this be “(...+1 TEM for woods)�