Wind Change when no wind

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

I can't figure this out: let's say a scenario starts with no wind. You check for wind change and the force increases, thereby creating wind. How do you determine wind direction when you had no wind to begin with since wind direction dr is relative to the direction of already existing wind?

Thanks,
Chris.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

You would make a Random Die roll to determine direction.

From my V1 RB at work:

Wind increase from no wind to mild breeze you would make a random die roll (B25.64 refers to B.8) to determine wind direction.

Peace

Roger

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rdw5150 said:
Hi!

You would make a Random Die roll to determine direction.

From my V1 RB at work:

Wind increase from no wind to mild breeze you would make a random die roll (B25.64 refers to B.8) to determine wind direction.

Peace

Roger
Thanks. I believe that is what V2 says as well. So does that mean that I might say that the hexside with the coord is 1, the next clockwise is 2, etc.? The rulebook is usually very specific as to procedure, but it doesn't seem so here.

Thanks,
Chris.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I assumed that the 5 or 6 (thereby creating Mild Breeze) had already came up before the question takes place.

Peace

Roger

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rdw5150 said:
I assumed that the 5 or 6 (thereby creating Mild Breeze) had already came up before the question takes place.

Peace

Roger
Yes. If you have no wind and then roll a 5 or 6 on the wind change table, you now have wind. But what direction does it blow in? I think the above posts answer that.

Thanks,
Chris.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

I would way that you roll a random die and use 1 as the first hexrow (clockwise), etc.

Peace

Roger