Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not confusing. They add items to the scenario packs before they are sent out to the public. In this case they added two counter sheets, a couple of scenarios and 1 more map. A bonus for ordering the packs when they are announced that they are up for sale along with the low introductory price and also the 30% discount off of that introductory price. If you get the weekly newsletter you know this about the way they do things. You loose all the discounts after the item starts to ship. Anyone that buys the items after they start to ship in most cases will pay the full retail price that is listed but you can still get the 30% discount off that price if you are a member of the weekly newsletter. So the listed price of $99 on the site would really be 30% less then that if you use the discount code. So when the haters say that the prices are too high it is not true. I don't see MMP or any of the others giving the buyer a 30% discount from the ungodly high prices that they are charging for the packs that they sell. Plus shipping is like $8.00 for whatever you buy in the US. I don't know what oversea shipping is. If you have 10 items coming in one order the shipping is still like $8.00. MMP's shipping prices are sometimes more then the scenario pack. So I hope this helps some people that are thinking about CH products. The Haters just don't tell the truth.
I'm genuinely curious, if, as you say, "They add items to the scenario packs before they are sent out to the public", why don't they update the product description on the website?

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm genuinely curious, if, as you say, "They add items to the scenario packs before they are sent out to the public", why don't they update the product description on the website?
I have no idea. Maybe only the people that order the packs early get them. Maybe you still get the extra's even know. I can't answer that. I only order packs when they are new items that haven't shipped yet and most of the time bonus items are added before they ship. Not all the time but most of the time. He tells you in his weekly newsletters. It's not a surprise to people that buy stuff and get the newsletter. Why other people that buy his current stuff don't say anything is strange. I guess they don't want to buck the Hater system or something.

Last edited:

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If DM is a hater site, it's the most useful hater site ever.
Mark has been a CH Hater for many years. He is the one that turned most of the idiots on here into Haters with his site. Most of the idiots have no real idea they just believe what Mark the Hater says. It's as simple as that. So it would be useful to all you Haters!

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Mark has been a CH Hater for many years. He is the one that turned most of the idiots on here into Haters with his site. Most of the idiots have no real idea they just believe what Mark the Hater says. It's as simple as that. So it would be useful to all you Haters!
Interesting....the fact that Pittman says something is usually enough reason for me to say the opposite (he has removed me from his electronic life on CSW and/or FaceBook)....yet I am pretty sure I would fall into your category of "CH hater". Go figure.....

Must be all those CH playtest kits I bought before I got tired of spending good money after bad.

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll say this I bought CH Ponyri module (have not played it yet) but if and when MMP does their version I'll buy it and scrap the CH one. CH problem is nothing new just rehashed reprinted scenarios and modules. As for calling us idiots what has the accuser done to make the hobby better?

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stop insulting people. This is a warning.
I'll say this I bought CH Ponyri module (have not played it yet) but if and when MMP does their version I'll buy it and scrap the CH one. CH problem is nothing new just rehashed reprinted scenarios and modules. As for calling us idiots what has the accuser done to make the hobby better?
The haters just keep on coming. This guy admits he hasn't even played it yet but is putting it down. This is typical of the idiots I talked about.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The haters just keep on coming. This guy admits he hasn't even played it yet but is putting it down. This is typical of the idiots I talked about.
Calling people "idiots" for holding a different opinion is not going to win you any friends or influence anyone to change their opinion; just saying you know, and its a real excellent example of "haters going to hate"

so I guess I'm saying : keep up the good work! 👍👍👍

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know what would be great! If this topic could be about the possibility of an MMP Arab / Israeli module and discussion about it.

Rather than yet another topic on whether or not CH is good or bad.

Yes, I know that there might be some delving into a comparison to Genesis 48, but that is not what is going on here at this point.

Seth

cifdale

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
I played 6 scenarios from the original Genesis 48 pack and I liked them all. The CH counters with their different arrangement for values was difficult at first, and in the end it is what stopped me from trying more of the scenarios. I liked it enough to buy the re-issue with the standard layout on the counters that we ASL players are used to. I played 3 scenarios from the re-issue pack and liked them all. I will probably do some more in the future. I want to make it clear that not all CH products are as good as their Arab-Israeli stuff from the 1948 war.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
FYI I sent a warning to Whiskers1123, not because he defends CH, but because he calls people who don't share his p.o.v. idiots or haters.
I have received four reports for his regrettable behaviour.
I won't sanction more heavily. As for now.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know what would be great! If this topic could be about the possibility of an MMP Arab / Israeli module and discussion about it.

Rather than yet another topic on whether or not CH is good or bad.

Yes, I know that there might be some delving into a comparison to Genesis 48, but that is not what is going on here at this point.

Seth
It was already confirmed by Perry (post #4). There is work on it but that is all of the info that is going to be released right now.