Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Kinda like what MMP does with all those reprints that they do. But it's ok for them to do it.
Every publisher can do as he pleases.

However, if MMP does reprints, scenarios or modules are NOT renamed. Any modified scenario retains its name and on the modified scenario card there is a notice that it has been modified and under which Scenario ID it has previously been published and in which publication. This is transparency, that the customers value as it easily allows them to judge if they already own the orgininal version of the scenario and if they find it worthwhile to purchase an update.

I think it can be validly stated that CH is lacking anything coming even remotely close to this transparency about updates. Indeed, I believe that I am not the only one having the impression that CH's policy of updates and renaming scenarios does serve the opposite purpose - which at times seems to be to obfuscate that a scenario has been previously published. This makes it extremely difficult for someone who has not bought the new version to determine if he already owns the original version of it. And even if he has bought more than one version of it, we have had reports about many examples in which for these very reasons of renaming / lack of notice of previous publishing, it is even then difficult to determine if you do own more than one version.

This is the marked difference which leads oftentimes to a differing judgement of reprints by CH and MMP.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found on an updated MMP scenario, underneath the scenario title: "This scenario has been updated"!

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And I've had it for years....and then Ray started jacking up the price and renaming it.... At least MMP would do some real research and development for the documentation. They also would not spend time and money creating an unplayable map for Jerusalem.
played alot of the scenarios-really good bunch of scenarios, in the original at least.

Brave Lion

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would love to see on official Arab-Isreali War extension to ASL. '48-49 and '56 should be relatively easy to extend into the ASL universe. '67 would be a little harder, but still doable I think. '73 and '82+ gets more difficult to do, but still possible with the appropriate rules for PGM and helicopters. Just my $.02.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would love to see on official Arab-Isreali War extension to ASL. '48-49 and '56 should be relatively easy to extend into the ASL universe. '67 would be a little harder, but still doable I think. '73 and '82+ gets more difficult to do, but still possible with the appropriate rules for PGM and helicopters. Just my $.02.
Again:
Genesis 3 - Arab Israeli Wars 1948-1967 by CH
It's been out for years.

28 pages of rules
14 scenarios
7 great looking maps that do not need any overlays
7 sheets of counters
vasl files for the maps and counters

It's a real nice pack. It's ver. 3 and it has all updated scenario cards, maps and rules. Just like MMP does with all it's new versions of old shit and the prices are way out of sight, but the CH haters will be out in force after this post!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Again:
Genesis 3 - Arab Israeli Wars 1948-1967 by CH
It's been out for years.

28 pages of rules
14 scenarios
7 great looking maps that do not need any overlays
7 sheets of counters
vasl files for the maps and counters

It's a real nice pack. It's ver. 3 and it has all updated scenario cards, maps and rules. Just like MMP does with all it's new versions of old shit and the prices are way out of sight, but the CH haters will be out in force after this post!
But the CH site says there are only “6 maps” and “4 sheets” of counters.

Which version is this? It’s confusing I know 😄

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You hit the nail on the head, too many different versions which is confusing. Too many different versions too really understand. With the 1st version, you had a map, scenarios and counters, 2nd version had an sk map type, counters and scenarios but no HASL map. If you check Pitmans DM site, you will see numerous versions of Gen 48. Super confusing. here is the DM website: https://www.desperationmorale.com/?s=gen+48

But the CH site says there are only “6 maps” and “4 sheets” of counters.

Which version is this? It’s confusing I know 😄

Last edited:

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not confusing. They add items to the scenario packs before they are sent out to the public. In this case they added two counter sheets, a couple of scenarios and 1 more map. A bonus for ordering the packs when they are announced that they are up for sale along with the low introductory price and also the 30% discount off of that introductory price. If you get the weekly newsletter you know this about the way they do things. You loose all the discounts after the item starts to ship. Anyone that buys the items after they start to ship in most cases will pay the full retail price that is listed but you can still get the 30% discount off that price if you are a member of the weekly newsletter. So the listed price of $99 on the site would really be 30% less then that if you use the discount code. So when the haters say that the prices are too high it is not true. I don't see MMP or any of the others giving the buyer a 30% discount from the ungodly high prices that they are charging for the packs that they sell. Plus shipping is like $8.00 for whatever you buy in the US. I don't know what oversea shipping is. If you have 10 items coming in one order the shipping is still like $8.00. MMP's shipping prices are sometimes more then the scenario pack. So I hope this helps some people that are thinking about CH products. The Haters just don't tell the truth.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's not confusing. They add items to the scenario packs before they are sent out to the public. In this case they added two counter sheets, a couple of scenarios and 1 more map. A bonus for ordering the packs when they are announced that they are up for sale along with the low introductory price and also the 30% discount off of that introductory price. If you get the weekly newsletter you know this about the way they do things. You loose all the discounts after the item starts to ship. Anyone that buys the items after they start to ship in most cases will pay the full retail price that is listed but you can still get the 30% discount off that price if you are a member of the weekly newsletter. So the listed price of $99 on the site would really be 30% less then that if you use the discount code. So when the haters say that the prices are too high it is not true. I don't see MMP or any of the others giving the buyer a 30% discount from the ungodly high prices that they are charging for the packs that they sell. Plus shipping is like $8.00 for whatever you buy in the US. I don't know what oversea shipping is. If you have 10 items coming in one order the shipping is still like $8.00. MMP's shipping prices are sometimes more then the scenario pack. So I hope this helps some people that are thinking about CH products. The Haters just don't tell the truth.
At all non CH publishers, prices are same for newbies & vets alike - ie as stated. You don't have to know about or to be admitted into the "a newsletter" to get a discount code ie new folks don't get ripped off.

If I am buying cheap stuff, just take the price down honestly to cheap levels instead of posting a high retail and giving out a "discount code" for insiders.

If I am buying quality stuff I am happy to be paying quality prices. Same as when we all insist on (and should well be) paid quality wages/profits for our quality work.

Last edited: