Will the cost of suitable venues hasten the demise of ftf events?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
OK Guys, Just my Opinion.
I am a Viet Veteran, a member of Marine Corps League, the VFW and The American Legion.

As many older ASL'ers are Veterans, I would suggest that the veteran member check with their veteran organizations about renting the large meeting rooms that most posts have. The cost would be reasonable as most vet organizations have special prices for members. The Posts in larger cities would normally be large enough for 100+ players and would be close to eateries. Some even have built in kitchens (my does) to supply a meal. Some in smaller cities would be hard to get to (like mine), BUT larger cities have these organizations also. The only real problem would be the hours available, as most posts would not allow 24 hour access, but they usually have some type of security.

Who knows?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
OK Guys, Just my Opinion.
I am a Viet Veteran, a member of Marine Corps League, the VFW and The American Legion.

As many older ASL'ers are Veterans, I would suggest that the veteran member check with their veteran organizations about renting the large meeting rooms that most posts have. The cost would be reasonable as most vet organizations have special prices for members. The Posts in larger cities would normally be large enough for 100+ players and would be close to eateries. Some even have built in kitchens (my does) to supply a meal. Some in smaller cities would be hard to get to (like mine), BUT larger cities have these organizations also. The only real problem would be the hours available, as most posts would not allow 24 hour access, but they usually have some type of security.

Who knows?
Fort suggested this solution in another thread. I think it is an outstanding idea from you both! Thanks to you and your fellow members for your service. 🤗