Will COVID shots be required to attend Tournaments in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I asked a question, didn’t say one way or the other. How many people died from the flu last year ?
I found this from the CDC website:
During the 2019-2020 influenza season, CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 38 million illnesses, 18 million medical visits, 405,000 hospitalizations, and 22,000 deaths.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I asked a question, didn’t say one way or the other. How many people died from the flu last year ?
I found this from the CDC website:
During the 2019-2020 influenza season, CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 38 million illnesses, 18 million medical visits, 405,000 hospitalizations, and 22,000 deaths.
Nor did I say you did.
How many people died of flu, how many of COVID per 100,000 cases?

Edit: Randy provided some data.

Provided his number apply to the US (only) which I suppose it the case, we get this:

38 million cases of influenza. Up to now roughly 28 million cases of COVID in the US.

485,500 deaths for 28 million cases of COVID would make roughly x 1,36 = 660,280 deaths for 38 million cases of COVID.

660,280 / 22,000 = 30

So the lethality of COVID is roughly 30 times higher as that of influenza.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
In France : Covid deaths 80'000 - influenza kills max 10000.
Switzerland : Covid deaths 9000 - influenza kills between 400-1000 per year.
So at best, Covid kills eight times more than influneza.
That is, about one per thousand of the population of both countries.
And we are not speaking of long term effects on people who recovered.
I don't know of any significant of deaths linked to the vaccination.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This forum is getting like Facebook or the closed political forum, where old men just rant at each other.

This is one about Covid, where the TDs must now act like the Gestapo to please guys who I have not seen at a tournament in over a decade. Yet, they would require all attendees to do x or y

So, let's say a person goes to a tourney in the EU. The tourney director asks if he has been vaccinated.

He says, "sure". How does the TD know that is the truth?

There is no " global vaccination id" with your picture on it, nor any global database of vaccinated persons. Government lists of people are frowned upon in Germany for historical reasons.

If it gets to "show me your papers", well how hard is it to purchase or even make a plastic card showing whatever you want it to show.

Next, let's rant about how many angels can sit on a rice crispy.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
1 of 25 dead by Spanish flu 1918-21, total 60 millions (1.600 000 000 millions survived).

300 000 000 millions more deaths by the CCP virus would make it as deadly as the flu 100 years ago.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many have died of the disease? How many of the vaccine?
They have proven that less then half of the people they say died from covid didn't. It was just reported as covid so they would get paid for it but the fake news will not report on it because it doesn't meet with the agenda. One case comes to mind. A biker died in a crash and covid was put on his death certificate.
They are finding more people every day that have died from the vaccine or have had bad reactions to it but the fake news will not report on any of that. Tons of stuff has been posted on Facebook and Instagram but as soon as it is it is taken down because it doesn't meet with the agenda of the left wing communists that control it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.