Wii'ifying existing games

H][DE

Reaction score
Country
ll
What games from other consoles do you guys reckon would benefit from the Wiimote/nunchuck controls?

Right off the bat, 2 I'd rather be playing with motion sensor are:

Condemned, i played this on PC and thought it was the most atmospheric fps I've played in a long time especially played in the dark with a headset on, so the use of your hands with the wiimote would add to the experience.
like the ability to use a number of surrounding objects as weapons, if you could like lock onto the object, pull back on the nunchuck and *snap* you've just ripped a 2x4 from a door frame, time to smash some crazy peoples heads in.

And

Resident evil 4, which pretty much speaks for itself

Wik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you expand this to PC titles, I think Die By The Sword (with sword control on) or Arx Fatalis would be natural games for the Wii.

- Chad

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, I concur - same goes for the Elder Scrolls series. Personally i'd love to see SEGA bring some of their older games to the Wii, theres loads of titles that would work perfectly with the Wiimote such as Panzer Dragoon, Samba Del Amigo and NiGHTS Into Dreams.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Any star wars action game. lightsaber controled with the wii-mote, even the blasters. XD That would be so awesome. Maybe even use different abilities by doing some sort of movement as if you're really doing it.

Also, Harry Potter with benefit with the wii-mote acting as a wand. ^_^

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lets just hope Red Steel didn't prove the sword fighting abilities of the Wii with only 8 limited movements.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Red Steel was clearly b0rked, how Ubi Soft didn't realise this - I don't know - still, swordfighting was the best part of that game.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Wiimote clearly can utilize 1:1 motion (it's obvious simply from playing golf or bowling) and that's how sword fighting will have to be implemented for it to be successful.

DS: There's actually a Harry Potter title in development scheduled for release next year.

Anyway, I don't have a specific game I want (besides Star Wars maybe), but just some more original titles that can only be played with the Wiimote. At launch there weren't really many (maybe Elebits,, Wii Sports or Trauma Center) but when we get more games that require the controller, rather than with simply tacked-on controls, that's when the console will flourish.