Wii: the life of the party

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok listen, your talking about things that INTEREST YOU. I'm talking about in general that it is aimed for everyone.

Scottay that is very true :p

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No...its not aimed at everyone...Yes interests is the topic...but your missing the point...your telling me excite truck, spongebob, pokemon, super monkey ball, elebits, cars, monster truck, the ant bully, barnyard, chicken little, ice age 2, cooking mama, disney meets the robinsons are all aimed at people of all ages? ....no........hell no....

Moltar

Reaction score
Country
ll
ehandlr said:
No...its not aimed at everyone...Yes interests is the topic...but your missing the point...your telling me excite truck, spongebob, pokemon, super monkey ball, elebits, cars, monster truck, the ant bully, barnyard, chicken little, ice age 2, cooking mama, disney meets the robinsons are all aimed at people of all ages? ....no........hell no....
I dont think it is, but I guess all ages could possibly enjoy games such as those you listed. Maybe not you, but there might be an older fan of spongebob, the ant bully, and ect. lol.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
....older fans of spongebob...its what....6-7 years old? That would mean the person interested couldn't possibly be above 15-16.

No....adults...except wierd ones...will enjoy spongebob. Hell most 8 year olds won't even watch that crap in fear of getting beat up at school lol.

Moltar

Reaction score
Country
ll
There could be, you dont know for a fact that there arent older spongebob fans. If its gonna make money, nintendo doesnt care.

Scottay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ehandlr said:
cars, the ant bully, barnyard, chicken little, ice age 2, disney meets the robinsons
AHHHHHH ****ty movie-based games! RUN LIKE HELL!

There's also Zelda, Red Steel, Call of Duty 3, Madden 2007(which I think looks hella sweet on the Wii) as well as Metroid coming soon that you could say has an older audience. Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros are pretty good for all ages. It's just the Wii has so many damn launch games. But really quite a few of the games you listed are on other consoles. I think Monkey Ball is awesome. I suppose I'm just childish.:D

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A good portion of those games are enjoyed by a lot of adults. Maybe not you, but you obviously don't represent every gamer in the world.

Just because a game isn't mature or realistic doesn't mean that it's aimed specifically at kids, and that's the way you've defined these games, which is frankly stupid.

Excite Truck and Super Monkey Ball are Matt Cassamassima's (the editor of IGN-Wii) 3rd and fourth most highly anticipated games for the Wii, with Elebits at seven, and Rayman, which you didn't list but would probably still call childish, is all the way up at number two. In that article, he actually praises the SpongeBob game, saying he'd probably put it 11th, while admitting it is more of a kids game. Cooking Mama is one of the most popular DS games in Japan, and it's been rated well by most publications here.

The rest of the games are ****ty movie games that come out on every system and you know it.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Moltar...you hit the nail on the head right there. "If Nintendo is gonna make money they don't care" as it is with any video game company....even if that means catering to children then so be it...they make money that way.

...if you are telling me a grown up enjoys Spongebob and goes out of his/her way to buy the game..and they enjoy it......your psycho and that person is as well amongst other things like a child molester or something. Even still....you can't even begin to tell me Spongebob is not kiddy. Thats like saying Blue's Clue's isn't for children.

Besides you will always have your one adult thats gonna like wierd things to be wierd get attention, be noticed what have you. Doesn't take away from my point that its kiddy stuff....and the fact that nobody over 16 has yet to argue with me kinda proves my point.s

this isn't a "nintendo is kiddie" rebellion I'm leading....this is old news...stuff people always bring up. A name that Nintendo has carried for years.

Name one movie based game that was really good.....Its a simple known fact that the transition means immenant failure.

I did like the first Ice Age cartoon..the 2nd one sucked lol.

But Zelda is a GC game, Red Steel is adult, COD3 is multiplatform (better on the others), Madden 2007 is multiplatform (better on the others)

So the only decent reasons you can give me are Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Red Steel and Smash Bros.

Scottay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ehandlr said:
Name one movie based game that was really good.....Its a simple known fact that the transition means immenant failure.
Do those SNES Star Wars games count? Almost any Star Wars game you could say it movie-based.

ehandlr said:
COD3 is multiplatform (better on the others), Madden 2007 is multiplatform (better on the others)
I suppose you've played them. Now here's a proper statement. COD3 is multiplatform (Graphics are better on the others), Madden 2007 is multiplatform (Graphics are better on the others) I'll trade some player face details and crowd animation for fun, new gameplay anyday. Which is basically all I've heard from Madden Wii. COD3 on the other hand, is a little iffy. I hate to say it but Dual Analog FPS controls are just inferior.

ehandlr said:
So the only decent reasons you can give me are Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Red Steel and Smash Bros.
Those are some pretty damn decent reasons. I mean I couldn't care less about HDTVs and whatnot. But that's just me. Wii will likely be my first "next-gen" console and I can only hope it will live up to my expectations.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Omg that reminds me, Imagine how fun a Star Wars Game would be on the Wii!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the number one fallacy you commit is your belief that games that are not "adult" themed or "mature" (kiddie games, as is the term) are automatically not worthy of your time or just simply bad.

Now, maybe you don't think they are, and that's fine. But a lot of people obviously disagree, and don't really care about what color pallet the game uses, or what the theme is. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they're automatically targeted for children, and children only. The simple fact that people besides 8 year olds buy the games proves this.

Even if the games are aimed at children proves nothing! If people enjoy them, why do we feel the need to chastise them for it? It's rather silly to judge the character of a person just by what games they play.

Obviously I have no qualms about playing any kind of videogame; right now I'm playing Super Princess Peach for the DS, and having fun doing it.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This "you" you speak of is much bigger then me my friend. Nintendo is "the kiddie console" by reputation now.

Don't let my adulthood lead you astray. I'm one guy.

Also saying that others besides 8 year olds buy a game proves nothing. Just because one guy who is 20 something comes along and buys the game doesn't remove its kiddiness. Thats like saying GTA isn't adult oriented just because many kids play it.

Besides my point doesn't necessarily fall to whether is fun or not. Although in a round about way I am saying that. My point is if an 8 year old can successfully play the game..then its not worth my time because I'll blast through it with ease. Regardless of theme...that simply isn't worth my time.

Moltar

Reaction score
Country
ll
ehandlr said:
This "you" you speak of is much bigger then me my friend. Nintendo is "the kiddie console" by reputation now.

Also saying that others besides 8 year olds buy a game proves nothing. Just because one guy who is 20 something comes along and buys the game doesn't remove its kiddiness. Thats like saying GTA isn't adult oriented just because many kids play it.

Besides my point doesn't necessarily fall to whether is fun or not. Although in a round about way I am saying that. My point is if an 8 year old can successfully play the game..then its not worth my time because I'll blast through it with ease. Regardless of theme...that simply isn't worth my time.
But what if its the most amazing funnest game EVER. Lol. But it was easy.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its not fun if it doesn't have any challenge. Then that defeats the purpose of it being a "game".

but your right.....i'll let you guys go back to playing "My Little Pony" :p

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ehandlr said:

You just said that a lot of kids play GTA, then you said that if a kids can successfully play the game, then it's not worth your time.

Kids are better than you think at videogames, apparently, and a lot of these so-called kiddie games can actually be rather challenging. Ever played Monkey Ball? When you start getting into those upper stages, that game is damn hard. You assume so many things about these games and lump them all together so that you end up discounting a whole bunch of games based on how they look.

Ultimately, people have different tastes, so realize that and let people play what they'll play. This whole debate is rather stupid, and so is characterizing whole groups of games with derogatory terms tries to decree who should and shouldn't be playing that specific game.

P.S: If they made a "My Little Pony" game that was good, I would play it...

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dr. Winston O'Boogie said:
P.S: If they made a "My Little Pony" game that was good, I would play it...
/sigh...its not worth my time to argue anymore after this

but I did find a new signature

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It could be like Nintendogs, only with sparkley pink ponies. You could take them on rides through marshmallow forests, through the sundrop canyons and feed them rainbow pies and caramel fountains. Then maybe if you train them up enough, you can try to defeat the smile-sucking monster of the sugarplum isles.