Wii sells 600K, Zelda 450K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which means NoA should reach their goal of 1 million soon, and Nintendo overall to reach their goal of 4 million by the end of the year.

link

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome even tho some stores hold their supplies back to release at a later day. Like EB Games >.>

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I hope i can get Zelda and wii on launch looks like they will both be hard to get

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dernhelm said:
Xbox360 sells 10million, Halo 3 sells 10million
That's the most fanboyish thing I've ever seen. Ever consider that the 360 had a year start and that not everyone like Halo 3. I'll think about 4 mil could be reached one first day tho.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So Nintendo did not reach their sales goal. They said they would have over 1 million units in the states on day 1. I also remember a quote that the units would be on store shelves on day 1 as well.

Dernhelm

Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
ScorelessCoasts said:
That's the most fanboyish thing I've ever seen. Ever consider that the 360 had a year start and that not everyone like Halo 3. I'll think about 4 mil could be reached one first day tho.
it was just a little joke :rolleyes:

cain

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
*does math* 3 out of 4 wii's sell with a copy of zelda!

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ehandlr said:
So Nintendo did not reach their sales goal. They said they would have over 1 million units in the states on day 1. I also remember a quote that the units would be on store shelves on day 1 as well.
Nah, they didn't say that. They said they would reach 1 million by early December which, if they keep selling like they are now, should be pretty accurate.

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/11/20/1-million-wiis-by-early-december/

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hobomunch12 said:
Nah, they didn't say that. They said they would reach 1 million by early December which, if they keep selling like they are now, should be pretty accurate.

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/11/20/1-million-wiis-by-early-december/
Actually Nintendo stated they would have 2 million units at launch. They obviously did not reach that. Ofcourse they can sell 1 million units by then. Had they made their original launch number they could have sold 1 million in one day.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, they've always said they plan to sell 1 million by December in the U.S, and 4 million total by the end of the year.

Here's a story from the day they announced the launch plan.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They said by day one you will be able to walk into a store and buy one. I also read they are aiming for 6 million by the end of the fiscal year.

Also I'm not just talking US here. They only sold 500-600 thousand worldwide so far. So if they sold 500-600 thousand world wide...how are they going to hit the 1 million mark just in NA by December?

I only ask these questions because it seems they too are having shortages...albeit not as bad as Sony's...but still making them the 4th worse launch in video game history.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree with both of you. I remember reading 2 million by launch day and 6 million by end year. But I also remember reading 4 million being their goal or something, not sure.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alright, so we were both kinda right. They had originally planned a million units in America by launch, 4 million by the end of the year (worldwide) and 6 million by the end of the fiscal year (March). Right before launch Reggie kinda updated it and changed their goal of 1 million to early in December, though still keeping the other dates. They're still fairly attainable too, with regular shipments scheduled to arrive in stores.