Wii Channels

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you've got a Wii it should have been glowing blue this morning with an email from Nintendo informing us that the Wii Forcast channel has gone live and after a quick update it's all set to go. I didn't even realise it was coming out yet, so it's a nice suprise and a pretty cool little addition to the Wii's interface - it's quite fully featured, you select a town closest to where you live and it provides a 5 day forcast, current temperatures, UV index, wind speed and weather patterns plus has a cool globe feature where you can rotate the globe about, zoom in and out and look at the weather in other locations if you're bored :p

The News Channel is supposedly coming out on the 23rd, and we should have the Internet Channel early January.

What Wii Channels would you guys like to see in the future? Personally i'd like a music channel that maybe offered mp3 downloads from an online store, but definetly allowed playback of music CDs (what the hell is up with that Nintendo? How hard would it really have been to make the Wii read CDs and DVDs?).

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Im glad the weather channel is working that is pretty cool
What Wii Channels would you guys like to see in the future? Personally i'd like a music channel that maybe offered mp3 downloads from an online store, but definetly allowed playback of music CDs (what the hell is up with that Nintendo? How hard would it really have been to make the Wii read CDs and DVDs?).
lol an awsome idea i would love a music channel, i would like to see a imstant messaging channel or something like that :D

Wik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you've got a Wii it should have been glowing blue this morning with an email from Nintendo informing us that the Wii Forcast channel has gone live and after a quick update it's all set to go.
It would have been it it had an internet connection to talk to :OHNO:

Yeah, it seems strange that it's set up for photos, but not music/DVDs (though I hear DVD support will come later.)

Not that I care to play CDs/DVDs on it, our sound system already has a 5-disc tray for those.

- Chad