Wii buyers stoked! Anyone get one tonight?

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just returned from a nocturnal Wallyworld visit. Was scouring the toy section for one of those kiddie cell phones and heard a lot of noise in electronics. Guess I stumbled on the Wii debute in stores. As I was leaving a couple of gamers were as well and they were just plain stoked for the lack of a better term. Kinda surprised me as I had not heard anything much at all about this system not that I've looked in all honesty.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Kinda surprised me as I had not heard anything much at all about this system not that I've looked in all honesty.
Good lord, Dennis, it's only been the second most reported on story in all of gaming (right behind the PS3). :crosseye:

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good lord, Dennis, it's only been the second most reported on story in all of gaming (right behind the PS3). :crosseye:
I live in an islolated world :nuts: I've seen PS3 stuff on the news but not Wii. I knew there was something comming from stuff here but as it is not in my area of interest I generally don't look to hard at it.

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Wii comes out at December 8th here in Germany. I hope I can get one at this day since I was too slow for the preorders. :nervous:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Local friend got one this weekend.

He's already got sore arms from playing with it heheh

madDdog67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, a lot more folks will be getting Wiis than PS3s over the next 2 weeks, that's for sure. Once Sony's hefty supply of the 15 or so units they actually managed to ship to the US were gone in 1.2 nanoseconds, I guess the 360 or the Wii is the second choice.

You might actually be able to wander into a store next week and buy a Wii, unlike the PS3. I just can't get excited about the Wii's launch game linup, though...absolutely nothing on it appeals to me.

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I just can't get excited about the Wii's launch game linup, though...absolutely nothing on it appeals to me.
Zelda, CoD3, Splinter Cell and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for me, enough for a launch line up :D

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Every console I have ever witnessed averaged way more titles I didn't find interesting vs ones that might have looked interesting.

But this year, what I found interesting the most, was the lame supply potential of the PS3, vs how much money people would actually shell out for them as immediately second sale manuevers.

So on the one hand, the PS3 has to be great, for idiots to pay what they were paying on eBay. Makes me wonder though, is getting a game machine 3 months ahead of the pack, really worth paying 3-4 times the price of the machine?

I think over all, something has to break. The 360 is already here and established. It's in no danger. The Wii will be in supply and doing fine with it's sane price tag.
Meanwhile, people wanting a PS3, will be lining up to have their wallets raped.

If I actually wanted a PS3, I would just declare it not on sale till christmas 2008 and ignore all the fuss in the first place.

Am I the only one here that refuses to get gouged?

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That's all freaky really. For the price of the PS3 I get a 5-6 Ghz computer here in Germany with all necessary power to play any game that will come out the next years. It's much wiser to skip the current consoles that are launched (except the Wii for its nice price) and wait until the next generation comes out. Then the 360 and the PS3 will be much cheaper and all the games , too and these games will look just as awesome as they do now. You get much better value for your money this way.

The Wii has the big advantage (besides its cool new controller feature) that one can play the new games and also all the cool games for the Gamecube, the latter so cheap on ebay that you can get several games for the price of a new Wii game. Thats value for money :smoke:

Wik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I the only one here that refuses to get gouged?
Nope.

With all the game systems I've collected, I've got plenty to play with while I wait for a next-gen system.

Actually, I hadn't even intended to get a Wii for some time until my brother brought one to Thanksgiving dinner and after playing Wii Sports all night, my wife amended her statement of "don't buy any more games" with "except for the Wii"

So I've got one of the few thumbs ups regarding games I've gotten in my married life and I can't find a console :( Most places in the area have told me not to expect more in until after the new year...

- Chad