Why is AP7 going for $200 on ebay?

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WoW looks like my decision to buy 10 of every ASL product and keep 9 sealed in original wrapper might payoff one day.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it wrong that I am thinking about bidding on this?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uff Da! A respectable scenario pack but at least three scenarios favor a side by more than 70% and only two are in the 50-55% range. The average "likeability" (neat word, think I'll keep it) of the scenarios is only around 5.7.:eek:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ten scenarios in AP7. Looks like they get played quite a bit. Thats' $213.5 or $21.35 per scenario.

Each scenario is approaching the price of a in-supply scenario pack. I hope he/she plays it.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I've seen an empty ASL box sell for £10, and I once sold something I pulled out of the bin for £300 (it's a long story). I could tell one or two other tales but you'd think I was pulling your legs actually.

I'm convinced if I put an ASL graphic on a toilet roll tube that it would sell. Nothing can surprise me anymore about this game.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm pretty sure I never played any of the scenarios in this AP, but I'm also sure that I got it, most likely second-hand, in the two years since I started playing again - and not at that kind of price.

So, if people are paying this kind of price, they must be in a real hurry to complete their collection - of scenarios, of maps, whatever.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I'm pretty sure I never played any of the scenarios in this AP, but I'm also sure that I got it, most likely second-hand, in the two years since I started playing again - and not at that kind of price.

So, if people are paying this kind of price, they must be in a real hurry to complete their collection - of scenarios, of maps, whatever.
I can't back up my gut feeling with fact, but I'd say 75% at least of the ASL community are employed in 'Professional' careers (ie. Bankers, Accountants, Lawyers, etc) with a portion also of veterans and retirees who have done ok for themselves financially.

I posit that it is that simple fact which creates the kind of market ASL operates in. Whilst it may be staggering to see something such as AP7 sell for $200, end of the day there are some who want it, it's their hobby, they can afford it, and need make no long term plans or shopping strategies around getting it.

In terms of 'value'. I will readily go and spend between £300 and £500 on a quality cymbal. Probably once or twice per year. AP7 will probably get played more than that particular cymbal. Value really is in the eye of the beholder.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The rest of his items for listing don't seem overpriced- underpriced in a few cases, actually. Looks like an ego bidding war, is my guess, completionists are everywhere :)