Why I should NOT be a Mod

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
With the sad(?) retirement of Jazz I thought it might be a good idea to present the arguements of why you are an unsuitable candidate to replace him...

For myself, apart from the danger vof such unrestricted power going to my head, I suspect that my spelling puts paid to any prospect of a promotion.
Can you imagine the reaction if I am forced to hand out a bna? The difficulties that posters would encounter when told they can't use such language in messages and when asked which particular word was a problem to be told it was some indecypherable babble?

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I should not be a mod because I have no desire to read every thread and all the twaddle that gets posted.........

my twaddle included <SMILE>

In all seriousness, I grow weary of the fighting........

Peace

Roger

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
With the sad(?) retirement of Jazz I thought it might be a good idea to present the arguements of why you are an unsuitable candidate to replace him...

For myself, apart from the danger vof such unrestricted power going to my head, I suspect that my spelling puts paid to any prospect of a promotion.
Can you imagine the reaction if I am forced to hand out a bna? The difficulties that posters would encounter when told they can't use such language in messages and when asked which particular word was a problem to be told it was some indecypherable babble?
Could be worse Vinnie if you handed out a bra!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I should not be a mod because I have no desire to read every thread and all the twaddle that gets posted.........

Peace

Roger
This. :nuts:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

Peace

Roger
QFT. Just reading this site can be wearying, moderating it...no thanks.

OTOH, better than most game forums that aren't ever worth it.

S

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
B/c I'm already a stud and don't need it on my resume.

Mark DV
Ada, MI

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That kind of power should not lie in the hands of those with enemies. I would use it to permanently ban those I hold a grudge against.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That kind of power should not lie in the hands of those with enemies. I would use it to permanently ban those I hold a grudge against.
Lol, I am sure you would with one person in particular!

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would be a bad moderator because I could care less and I think it is extremely funny what some people get their panties in a wad about. This is a forum about a history simulation game using cardboard pieces, but to some people on here it is life and death and totally defines them as a person. I would tend to try to stir things up just to see what kinds of crazy reactions I could get started and it doesn't take much on these forums. LOL Seriously though look at any of the flamewars that have been started on here and ask yourself is this really worth losing any sleep over? Austin? *facepalm* Exactly.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I would be a bad moderator because I could care less and I think it is extremely funny what some people get their panties in a wad about. This is a forum about a history simulation game using cardboard pieces, but to some people on here it is life and death and totally defines them as a person. I would tend to try to stir things up just to see what kinds of crazy reactions I could get started and it doesn't take much on these forums. LOL Seriously though look at any of the flamewars that have been started on here and ask yourself is this really worth losing any sleep over? Austin? *facepalm* Exactly.
I would not get stirred up

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I would not get stirred up

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Good old KK suggested in a post elsewhere that I should apply to join in his words the "evil ones" as I would like being called an evil one ???

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Good old KK suggested in a post elsewhere that I should apply to join in his words the "evil ones" as I would like being called an evil one ???
Of course, you could help complete your ASL collecting with a new line in scalps.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It would be an interesting job if I could get creative with the warnings/punishments.

For example: taking control of the user's information so that they can't change it for a day/week/month etc. For example, changing the user name to "Little Miss Foo Foo" or the avatar to a crying baby, or the sig line to "Obama rocks/sucks/meh" (depending on the user).

So instead of punishment tools that operate like the IFT, have IIFT-like tools. :sneak: :hush: :p

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It would be an interesting job if I could get creative with the warnings/punishments.

For example: taking control of the user's information so that they can't change it for a day/week/month etc. For example, changing the user name to "Little Miss Foo Foo" or the avatar to a crying baby, or the sig line to "Obama rocks/sucks/meh" (depending on the user).

So instead of punishment tools that operate like the IFT, have IIFT-like tools. :sneak: :hush: :p
I think you just talked yourself into the job...

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would vote for you for moderator. I can only imagine the ruckus you could get started. LOL Sorry tried to rep you but the government still has not released any ammo or is it that I didn't pass my background check? Where are those pills anyway? Ah yes officier those are just vitamins, pay no attention to that.