Why do the Republicans support Child Molesters, women beaters and nazis?

Marty Ward

Because they always strive to include the Democrats and you can't tell people who to support. If the Dems stopped supporting those kinds of people then we would all be better off!

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
While I agree with GS that the Rs seem to have a majority shareholding in that type, the Ds have a fair few as well. Let's be honest, kiddy fiddlers and wife beaters don't advertise and the nice polite guy in the corner store could well be the one that has his black and blue wife chained to the radiator and his daughter strapped down on the bed for ease of access.

Let's compare the Rs and the Ds. First remove the sections of their parties that are very similar in outlook, IE the centrist corporate mouthpieces, the ones who are civilised when robbing Joe Public and will at least leave you with your underpants and shoes while stealing everything else. That used to be something in the order of half each party, though I would be reluctant to guess the fraction these days.

So what's left in each?

The Ds have various progressives (ACA, minimum wage, etc) and anti-discrimination campaigners (BLM, MeToo, etc). In general libertarian on personal/social issues but not with regard to powerful corporations or individuals. They recognise that to maximise personal freedom basic human needs must be met, like food, clean water and air, safety from the powerful or plain criminal. At times some can get a bit silly and we've seen a few stupid comments from the fringes of the MeToo movement, but sense generally prevails.

The Rs have a frightening mess of strands.
The religious right: Their primary thing is abortion followed by homosexuality, though they also can get very het up about evolution or Science. They include the dominionists who want to impose a theocratic christian state on everybody, the US version of the Taliban.
The racists: Not that the Ds don't have some as well but most seem to have gone from the Ds (Dixiecrats) to their new home the Rs.
The libertarians: The Rs always have been the natural party for them, small government, etc. Of the right of the Rs that I have most sympathy with, I part ways with them as I recognise that to maximise liberty the powerful must be tamed. The path to liberty is not over the bodies of the weak and vulnerable.
The social Darwinists: The "F you, I'm all right". They simply don't want the poor cluttering up their view of the world.
The (semi) fascists: Anything different both offends their sense of order and frightens them.
The ex-upper working class: Their jobs are gone and they are scared and angry.
The stupid: There always are those, but now with no half decent prospects, they will in their desperation believe any garbage that the likes of a Trump will spout.
The misogynists: Who believe half of humanity are their playthings.
The regressives: They want "their" America back again when the coloureds knew their place and their wives were dutifully in the kitchen, the '50s guys, in some cases the 1850s.
Any individual of that part of the Rs can be a mix of any or all of the above.

Social Darwinism has always been a strong strand in US politics, it eased back post Vietnam but Reagan made it respectable again and Reagan was definitely not above the racist dogwhistle either. All societies have damaged, bitter people looking for simplistic solutions to their personal problems. Political correctness may be a bad word to the right, but in essence it means that spitting on your black/jewish/irish/gay neighbour should not be allowed. The business oligarch centre elements saw the rising anger of the newly unemployed or impoverished and used the traditional tactic of divide and conquer to set sections of the lower class against each other, so that they could get on with their tax breaks and corporate welfare.

The US has gone through a massive change in its form of capitalism. Before it was not as profitable to export jobs because it meant shipping long distances, torturous start-ups and communications but that has changed in the last 30 odd years. Globalisation is just a natural result of better communication and transport means. Capitalism has only one aim: profit. Since the industrial revolution there has been constant churning of industries as technology evolves. But due to globalisation, now when capital wants to profit from a new technology it no longer is restricted to its native country.

The end result is the extreme bitterness and despair of the former working class. The R's oligarchic policy of divide and rule was intended to deflect that anger against capitalism into a down trodden's civil war (black vs white, black/white vs immigrant). The problem is that policy worked too well. The broken, bitter, stupid and rabid took up that cry and the whole R party. The oligarch's attack dogs took over the R party and installed Trump as president and the sane centrist elements realised that to survive and get their oligarch's tax cuts they must keep licking T's balls.

What makes it worse is Trump. What once was at least somewhat shameful has now become mainstream R stuff. The fascists, dominionists, racists, homophobic and misogynists are emboldened by Trump's drivel. The leader sets the tone and example and Trump is the leader. In addition, the tolerance amongst the public for long established villainy has decreased and victims are becoming emboldened and are exposing more of what was once hidden.

What you see is an attempt at a last stand by the less sane right. They realise that they are becoming less influential due to age and ethnic shifts in society. They feel oppressed because they can no longer spit on the brown/black/gay person. Their way of life and jobs are gone and they are making a last desperate counter attack. Any pretence of civility is out of the window and they have long lost any shame. Their claws and fangs are out. It's the GoP's misfortune that the vehicle that they chose was the GoP and they are going to wreck the GoP.

Simply it's the right being so desperate to roll back history that they will do and tolerate anything.

Marty Ward

Do you want to start making lists?

Wife beaters, pedos, the rich and the disgusting fringe elements are on all sides.

Dave68124

While I agree with GS that the Rs seem to have a majority shareholding in that type, the Ds have a fair few as well. Let's be honest, kiddy fiddlers and wife beaters don't advertise and the nice polite guy in the corner store could well be the one that has his black and blue wife chained to the radiator and his daughter strapped down on the bed for ease of access.

Let's compare the Rs and the Ds. First remove the sections of their parties that are very similar in outlook, IE the centrist corporate mouthpieces, the ones who are civilised when robbing Joe Public and will at least leave you with your underpants and shoes while stealing everything else. That used to be something in the order of half each party, though I would be reluctant to guess the fraction these days.

So what's left in each?

The Ds have various progressives (ACA, minimum wage, etc) and anti-discrimination campaigners (BLM, MeToo, etc). In general libertarian on personal/social issues but not with regard to powerful corporations or individuals. They recognise that to maximise personal freedom basic human needs must be met, like food, clean water and air, safety from the powerful or plain criminal. At times some can get a bit silly and we've seen a few stupid comments from the fringes of the MeToo movement, but sense generally prevails.

The Rs have a frightening mess of strands.
The religious right: Their primary thing is abortion followed by homosexuality, though they also can get very het up about evolution or Science. They include the dominionists who want to impose a theocratic christian state on everybody, the US version of the Taliban.
The racists: Not that the Ds don't have some as well but most seem to have gone from the Ds (Dixiecrats) to their new home the Rs.
The libertarians: The Rs always have been the natural party for them, small government, etc. Of the right of the Rs that I have most sympathy with, I part ways with them as I recognise that to maximise liberty the powerful must be tamed. The path to liberty is not over the bodies of the weak and vulnerable.
The social Darwinists: The "F you, I'm all right". They simply don't want the poor cluttering up their view of the world.
The (semi) fascists: Anything different both offends their sense of order and frightens them.
The ex-upper working class: Their jobs are gone and they are scared and angry.
The stupid: There always are those, but now with no half decent prospects, they will in their desperation believe any garbage that the likes of a Trump will spout.
The misogynists: Who believe half of humanity are their playthings.
The regressives: They want "their" America back again when the coloureds knew their place and their wives were dutifully in the kitchen, the '50s guys, in some cases the 1850s.
Any individual of that part of the Rs can be a mix of any or all of the above.

Social Darwinism has always been a strong strand in US politics, it eased back post Vietnam but Reagan made it respectable again and Reagan was definitely not above the racist dogwhistle either. All societies have damaged, bitter people looking for simplistic solutions to their personal problems. Political correctness may be a bad word to the right, but in essence it means that spitting on your black/jewish/irish/gay neighbour should not be allowed. The business oligarch centre elements saw the rising anger of the newly unemployed or impoverished and used the traditional tactic of divide and conquer to set sections of the lower class against each other, so that they could get on with their tax breaks and corporate welfare.

The US has gone through a massive change in its form of capitalism. Before it was not as profitable to export jobs because it meant shipping long distances, torturous start-ups and communications but that has changed in the last 30 odd years. Globalisation is just a natural result of better communication and transport means. Capitalism has only one aim: profit. Since the industrial revolution there has been constant churning of industries as technology evolves. But due to globalisation, now when capital wants to profit from a new technology it no longer is restricted to its native country.

The end result is the extreme bitterness and despair of the former working class. The R's oligarchic policy of divide and rule was intended to deflect that anger against capitalism into a down trodden's civil war (black vs white, black/white vs immigrant). The problem is that policy worked too well. The broken, bitter, stupid and rabid took up that cry and the whole R party. The oligarch's attack dogs took over the R party and installed Trump as president and the sane centrist elements realised that to survive and get their oligarch's tax cuts they must keep licking T's balls.

What makes it worse is Trump. What once was at least somewhat shameful has now become mainstream R stuff. The fascists, dominionists, racists, homophobic and misogynists are emboldened by Trump's drivel. The leader sets the tone and example and Trump is the leader. In addition, the tolerance amongst the public for long established villainy has decreased and victims are becoming emboldened and are exposing more of what was once hidden.

What you see is an attempt at a last stand by the less sane right. They realise that they are becoming less influential due to age and ethnic shifts in society. They feel oppressed because they can no longer spit on the brown/black/gay person. Their way of life and jobs are gone and they are making a last desperate counter attack. Any pretence of civility is out of the window and they have long lost any shame. Their claws and fangs are out. It's the GoP's misfortune that the vehicle that they chose was the GoP and they are going to wreck the GoP.

Simply it's the right being so desperate to roll back history that they will do and tolerate anything.
At it again pedo supporter? Remember that guilt by association thing you apply to everyone else, but cry foul when applied to you. Speaking of rolling back the clock, maybe ask liberal's why they keep generations of people in economic slavery in order to get their vote?

A lot of liberals support this guy...I guess you do too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski

Gunner Scott

Dude, you support the good old pedophiles, I just dont understand why people support a party that seems to hate the American people and its law enforcement people. 2018 november can not come soon enough to vote those putin supporters out of office.

At it again pedo supporter? Remember that guilt by association thing you apply to everyone else, but cry foul when applied to you. Speaking of rolling back the clock, maybe ask liberal's why they keep generations of people in economic slavery in order to get their vote?

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul

No.
I don't know what the perv balance is between the Ds and the Rs. I suspect that the balance is in the R's favour (and not in a good way), simply because the Rs look at women with not the same outlook of fundamental equality as the Ds. Neither side is perfect in that regard but the '50s guys hang out more with the Rs than the Ds. What strengthens that view is the usually chaotic and drawn out reaction by the Rs when some R miscreant is uncovered. While the Ds denounced and purged their's pretty quickly, the R's could not properly break with Moore and the WH was very, very reluctant to see Porter go, Trump and Kelly praising his talents. Of course what would expect during the reign of President Pussy-Grabber. Actions and tweets speak louder than empty platitudes.

"in economic slavery"? That comment reminds me of the comments pre-civil war by the Southern slave holders denouncing wage slavery on the basis that they (the slavers) "looked after" their slaves after work was finished unlike the Northern factory owners. The US has lost a lot of better paying manufacturing jobs for the less well educated. Some have been replaced by more retail and service jobs but too often with much less pay. Except for a privileged few, we are all in economic slavery, we need to go to work to survive.

I guess you are bitching about Welfare. So what do you do with the surplus labour that business doesn't need for whatever reason? I'm sorry, but the idea of leaving human beings to starve in the gutter is not my idea of a moral choice. Leaving them with just the barest minimum to eat is not a good idea either because one result of childhood malnutrition is intellectual impairment which combined with the natural resentment of their treatment will result yet another bitter and possibly troublesome generation. The person who introduced the first form of social security was Otto von Bismark as he saw that increasing the health and security of the poor was of benefit to the state. People are malleable and a healthy and moderately content underclass will be less of a problem in the future. Improving diet and education means that you vastly increase the useful human resources of your nation and you will get a return on your investment. The one thing that the Irish state did well for the last 50 odd years was investment in health and education and it paid off.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
Mr. Weir. Your posts are dreadfully long and boring. Try cutting things down. Make your points quickly.
OK, I'm not to most people's taste. I just look at real life problems and see they rarely have simplistic solutions or symptoms. Life often is subtle and shaded,

Dave68124

And we wonder why we hate liberal's and liberal's hate us. Life is too short to have discussion with an idiot who paints with a broad brush.

Marty Ward

Gunner Scott

You still have not answered the question, will you continue to support the good old pedophiles even if they endorse child molesters, wife beaters and nazis?

And we wonder why we hate liberal's and liberal's hate us. Life is too short to have discussion with an idiot who paints with a broad brush.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
Life often is subtle and shaded,
Sadly, your conclusions are presented as black and white which begs the question on the rest of this post. For future reference, you hate R's and tolerate D's. Feel free to copy and paste this next time you feel the need to post. It will save you a bunch of time. You can paste it over and over again if the wall of text makes you feel safe. -- jim