Why did I get exactly one Finnish leader in Yanks (2)?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was looking through my counters, and among the miscellaneous ones there are eleven Finnish concealment counters and one Finnish 8-0, "Sgt Tracy." Disregarding that "Tracy" is entirely suspect as a Finnish surname, why did I get this counter in Yanks? I don't see a faulty counter from HP.

I also note that there are more German counters with forbidden runes. When we get together at ASLOK to blot yours, Scott, we will have to remember to do these too if you haven't punched them yet.

JR

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I was looking through my counters, and among the miscellaneous ones there are eleven Finnish concealment counters and one Finnish 8-0, "Sgt Tracy." Disregarding that "Tracy" is entirely suspect as a Finnish surname, why did I get this counter in Yanks? I don't see a faulty counter from HP.

I also note that there are more German counters with forbidden runes. When we get together at ASLOK to blot yours, Scott, we will have to remember to do these too if you haven't punched them yet.

JR
IIRC, Klas said on FB that the Finnish leader counter count in HP alone was one leader shy of what was necessary to play one of the scenarios therein.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JR
what exactly is a forbidden rune?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Irrespective of Klas ( who is probably correct), Jr likely got only 1 Finnish SMC because he has not yet played enough HP scenarios to rate more than one Finnish SMC as a "bonus" SMC.

Perhaps he will now buy that upgrade to his membership so he can ban me for 3 months.....

:D :D

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not terribly important, but just one 10-2 armor leader for the US seems it *could* be a problem for those with hot dice during a CG in which they get a decent number of tanks. Can't actually remember playing a CG with the US tho (EXC: Singling mini-CG).

Was gonna try PHD.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
IIRC, Klas said on FB that the Finnish leader counter count in HP alone was one leader shy of what was necessary to play one of the scenarios therein.
Correct. Scenario 164 TORMENT AT TORMUA requires five Finnish 8-0 leaders, and HP only has 4.

For the same reason two Russian ATR were supplied as well. Scenario 172 THE LAST ATTACK can potentially require seven Russian ATR, and Beyond Valor only has 5.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct. Scenario 164 TORMENT AT TORMUA requires five Finnish 8-0 leaders, and HP only has 4.

For the same reason two Russian ATR were supplied as well. Scenario 172 THE LAST ATTACK can potentially require seven Russian ATR, and Beyond Valor only has 5.
We played that scenario and we just used another 8-0 from another nationality until an 8-0 was KIAed, then we switched them out..

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Only really a problem for those who had only pre-v3 BV's (Finns in German blue). BV v3 has extra Finnish 8-0s in grey. As for the Soviet ATR, if you have RB (5), VotG (11), FB (8) or ASLSK 3 (2), so you should be fine. So for someone with 1 of every module should have 5(BV1/3)+5+11+8+2+2(Y2) = 33. Still all extras quite useful.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

JR
Oh yeah. Please keep us updated on this project. Best would be a pic of Scott and you and Bob Bendis' dog erasing SS-Runes from Scotts CH counters. That pic would make it into ASL-folklore forever.

von Marwitz

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Irrespective of Klas ( who is probably correct), Jr likely got only 1 Finnish SMC because he has not yet played enough HP scenarios to rate more than one Finnish SMC as a "bonus" SMC.
Chas & Perry decided that JR's success in killing two (three?) Malmström Finnish Heroes at Winter War (when HP was released) required a reward. ;-)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Because when it's late at night in the MMP Playtest Den and everybody's groggy and irritable, strange bets are made.

That's all I'm cleared to say.