Why can't I see the Foxhole?

revaddict

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing too technical here...I'm just wondering about the rationale for letting Fortifications set up HIP while their contents may not be able to do the same. Doesn't it seem odd that a Fortification might be unseen while the infantry in that Fortification might be visible?

Paul

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I personally just think this is a case where reality and ASL don't go hand in hand. Could be wrong, any expert opinions on this?

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Known Enemy Unit" doesn't necessarily mean that your troops see the other guys. You and they are disposed in such a way that your fire has a greater or lesser chance of affecting your target. Concealment helps simulate this.

In other words, it's not a matter of seeing the infantry laying on the ground/hiding behind rocks vs. seeing their helmets sticking out of the top of fox holes.

Scenario VCs/VPs can depend on Fortification location so keeping them concealed can help keep the Attacker guessing.
Fortified building Locations remain HIP until their TEM is used or an enemy tries to enter the Location and you've got guys there, too. Otherwise, check the A12.121 Table because Fortification-'?'is lost pretty easily if you've got LOS.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
What can be even more fun is visible Foxholes when you have HIP personnel. Good way to draw fire on empty hexes. :)