Who's Playing what?

Compass Rose

Reaction score
What EAW titles are you currently playing?

Currently, I have a 1776 Cowpens battle going right now. I'm right smack in the middle of battle, right now, and both sides are trading turns in disrupting each others flanks. I am playing as the Colonials. It appears that I have less forces than my British counter-part however, I started off controlling the high ground. I just hope I can hold it!!!

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I have one FIW battle going at the moment...a bit swamped though so my card is full.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm actually playing the big campaign in Wars In America. It's a blast though it has a pretty good learning curve.

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
1776 battle of Camden into turn 10. I'm playing the Colonials and trying to recover from two turns of massive routing along my left flank just as I was pressing the thin British ranks trying to capture his artillery. Unfortunately the A rated redcoats are not only holding the line, but broke my advance. Still a draw, but I maybe able to eek out a minor victory if my troops regroup and resume a sustained press.

Compass Rose

Reaction score
The red coats got the best of me!!!

The battle started well however, it didn't take long before things started going "south" for me. I kept having a reoccurring right flank problem of my troops getting routed which opened up some holes for the enemy to penetrate. This also compounded my problems since the routing was occurring on the high ground of the battle.

In the end, the red coats prevailed.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
This is sort of a very brief AAR. I noticed that the colonist rabble showing a defence that appeared largely built around militia, and as such there is only one thing to do from a proper British perspective, and that is to line up and push... men with bayonets generally do well against low morale units without bayonets.

In Cowpens it seems very difficult for the British to win without a victory point hex. There really wasn't any finesse in this one, just bulling straight ahead. Half of my infantry was low rated, and the other half is solid to outstanding. The high morale units formed my flank. My dragoons were largely held out of the way - occasionally covering a flank, but basically a reserve held back to counter any moves by the mounted colonists. In the end that is what happened; I made a point of taking on opposing mounted units whenever presented, and this itself is what appears to have made the difference between a major victory and a minor victory.

As a straight ahead bull push, the result in this case seemed inevitable (unless I lost some leaders).

God Save the King. Someone get me a scone darn it. Yes.. of course with cream. :p :D

Compass Rose

Reaction score
I just finished The Battle of Trenton in 1776.

I have two new EAW PBEM games going now. In 1776 I am playing The Battle of Guilford Court House a.scn.

The other game is in Mexican American War; The Battle of Chapultepec.

Compass Rose

Reaction score
I just finished up playing The Battle for the Fortresses_b in MAW.

Just started The First Battle of Saratoga in 1776.

Both as PBEM