Who is the world's worst ASL player of all time?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
And yet the same players top the leader board year after year.
How do you know they aren't just the "luckiest of the lucky"? Someone has to be the right edge of the bell curve. :p -- jim

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
How do you know they aren't just the "luckiest of the lucky"? Someone has to be the right edge of the bell curve. :p -- jim
It's equally implausible that you are the greatest ASL player in the universe, albeit one at the left edge of that bell curve of yours.

Had you considered that you might be playing the wrong game? No HOB or SAN in Starter Kit. ;)

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
It's equally implausible that you are the greatest ASL player in the universe, albeit one at the left edge of that bell curve of yours.

Had you considered that you might be playing the wrong game? No HOB or SAN in Starter Kit. ;)
Oh come on. That’s like asking a heroin addict if they’ve considered marijuana.

You fill in the analogy. :p

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

There is still 2's and 12's. I am sure those are still going to work against me. -- jim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Bobby Fisher kept trying to castle his 9-2 leader and his Panther even though he had to go through a minefield to do it. That's pretty bad.

JR

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The worst ASL player is the one who takes 20 minutes to move a meaningless HS in the back; argues both sides of a rule depending on which way serves him at the moment; cries about his luck incessantly; and finds any number of ways to suck the joy out of the experience. It has nothing to do with how well they play or wins and losses. JMHO...
Steve
Damn Steve, you talk like you've played me before, but I don't recall it. :D:D:cool:

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This question is easy--me,when I actually make it to a tourney and have to play guys like Pleva, JR Tracy, Cirillo, etc.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Science tells me there is no such thing as lucky people (at least in terms of rolling dice)
ASL keeps telling me year after year that there is such a thing.

I'm going with science and situational perceptual bias, even if at times I have a hard job convincing myself of this

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Science tells me there is no such thing as lucky people (at least in terms of rolling dice)

I'm going with science and situational perceptual bias, even if at times I have a hard job convincing myself of this
science lies....... ;) How many centuries did they declare the world was flat? or Aristotle was right about a geocentric view of the universe? Never trust a scientist

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
science lies....... ;) How many centuries did they declare the world was flat? or Aristotle was right about a geocentric view of the universe? Never trust a scientist
Those associated with the Catholic Church declared the world was flat. Science was immaterial to that determination by Papal decree. Remember that your medical doctor is a scientist. If you don't trust them stop going to them when you get sick or find a faith healer.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
To be fair to Aristotle, the evidence that the earth orbits the sun is pretty subtle and well outside what they could have managed in ancient Greece. If I could remember vehicle notes as well as science trivia, I would be a lot further from the worst ASL player.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

Science tells you there is a bell curve in all normal distributions. Why do you dismiss that here? ;) -- jim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The worst ASL player is the one who can't roll higher than a three. You don't have to be good if you are lucky.

JR

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
The worst ASL player is the one who can't roll higher than a three. You don't have to be good if you are lucky.

JR
My tactics in two sentences.