Who is the BPUT?

hayesncsu

Reaction score
First name
Hayes
Country
llUnited States
Soooo you're playing the Long Game, eh? Wait 20 years and you'll be the Grofaz for sure?
Ha ha! Trying to get some of my 30-something friends interested who play other games, Euro, D&D, etc. I think a few will come around and see the light! They may not turn into tourney players but can enjoy the game at least!

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nate- Don Lazov's son- now in AK - played at ASLOK three years ago at age 17. Still dabbling in ASL but mostly ASLSK at a ripe old 20 this year!! :D

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does Ed Fritz, Jr qualify?

Seems like anyone named Junior should get grandfathered in.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Derek is a little over 30. A couple of you years ago he might have been the BPUT. Perhaps a BPUF title might have more candidates...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Does Ed Fritz, Jr qualify?

Seems like anyone named Junior should get grandfathered in.
I am a Junior, at least in name. I don't claim to be good though. -- jim

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. You can't deploy your real patronymic is 'vanMechelenovich'. But, nice try. Take some one prisoner and you could pull off your stunt.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My son is 17 and he's very good. I wish he enjoyed playing more than once a year at WCM.

jwoodall04

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know a couple active players in their early 30s (I'm 35 for a short while longer), but none under 30...

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I am proud of my son for sure. But he really is very good at the game. He just finds it a little too much like homework I suppose. :D
My sons do play, infrequently - ASL. ( Both are CRAZY Magic players). but alas, both are now over thirty. (smile)

Looking forward here to our newest addition to the grandchild pile, youngest son and daughter-in-law are due any day with "Devin Sebastian". :) Maybe a third gen ASL player???? ;)

CrosleyPup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My son is 25 and has become a player after he finished college. He has been at the Chicago ASL Open for the last three years and we are currently teamed up as the Germans playing two other local guys in the middle of RB5-Last Bid. He has started to read the rules more and is becoming a pretty good player.

sneo

Singapore ASL'er
Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
I started ASL with Mr Bates as my first mentor 6 years ago when I was 31. I had bouts of inactivity for two to three years in between due to other commitments.