Who is gonna win the Bowl?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Giants or Pats....

Let's hear it, place your pick, and sound off why...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The giants by fourteen points or so. They have the ground game to control the clock, the defence to hold and turnover the ball and the firepower to score.

Fourteen points seems like a big margin(I doubt any bookmaker would offer it) but I believe this is going to be a high scoring but one sided game. Once the giants go ahead, which I think they will, the pats will make errors trying to catch up.

Besides, the Pats suck.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My vote for the Giants as well. They got hot at the right time and are the best team right now.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I hope for/think the Giants, but give Belicheck two weeks to game plan for anybody and he'll at least not be embarrassed. I make a final within 7 points.

S

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Giants.

The Pats weakness has been stopping the pass and Eli has been hot with three terrific WRs. Any team that has to use a WR as a DB is in trouble against the Giants receivers. Plus, Gronk ain't going to play. Last year I had wishful thinking when the Steeler's Pouncey got a high ankle sprain in the AFC Champ game, but he couldn't go. They take 4-5 weeks to heal and there's no way a TE who needs to make cuts and move laterally is going to be able to play.

Would love to see the Pats get embarrassed and Brady get happy feet when there's a good pass rush up the middle. Plus, I never want to see a team with a horrible defense win the Super Bowl.

The Cisco Kid

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
"Would love to see the Pats get embarrassed and Brady get happy feet when there's a good pass rush up the middle. Plus, I never want to see a team with a horrible defense win the Super Bowl."

And the Giants were ranked where on defense?

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
One thing I've noticed is the Giants have been talking smack while the Pats have been very quiet.

Personally I want the Gmen to win.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The pervious Superbowl loss to the Giants with be a big motivating factor for Brady.....I'm with Vegas on this Pats by 3

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Washington Redskins...ah no sorry...we are not in the 1992...:OHNO:

Giants my bet

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a Giant fan stuck in Boston I love nothing more than talking up Big Blue (and the Yankees). In 2007 New England had the better team and lost. This year the Gmen have the better team and are playing well. Eli Manning has matured a bit into the QB that New York traded all those picks to SD for. Brady will spend the better part of this game on his back looking up at the lights. The Patriots haven't had a running game in years and if the big TE is even slightly hobbled the Giants will be able double up on Welker and put the pressure on the pass rush. I have the over under for Ochocinco catches at 1. Brady doesn't have the receivers that Manning does and the Pats haven't played defense all year. As a matter of fact the only team they beat worth mentioning since week 5 is Baltimore and they should've lost that game. The Giants getting 3 is a no brainer. No Soup for Brady!

:skull:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I always think the "spreads" in the SB are too low. I see one team running away with it this year. Giants by 3? That's hardly a ringing endorsement, I'd go for 14!

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always think the "spreads" in the SB are too low. I see one team running away with it this year. Giants by 3? That's hardly a ringing endorsement, I'd go for 14!
I said the Giants getting 3 was a no brainer not that they would win by 3. Give me the New Yaawkers by 10.

:skull:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's almost bizarre that a team which scraped to a positive record duringbthe regular season should be being talked about as nailed on for the cup! Mind you, it has to be said that the person doing that talking in my case knows very little about the game.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Who's going to win..... Who Cares......!!!!!!!!
Olli, Olli, Olli

On this side of the pond, we don't care who wins the Premier League! :p

At least our guys hit each other and don't fall down and grab their legs. :laugh:

I will admit though, rugby is a real man's sport

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Olli, Olli, Olli

On this side of the pond, we don't care who wins the Premier League! :p

At least our guys hit each other and don't fall down and grab their legs. :laugh:

I will admit though, rugby is a real man's sport
and in scotland niether do I!! premier league or whatever in any of the home countries, I do not give a hoot for, they are in the same league as american football, well overpaid prima donnas, very good at acting and not requiring body armour oh and in soccer they play the game with no time outs etc.
You said it for rugby tho REAL MEN not queer footballers......either side of the pond.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe this will be the flip of 2007...Giants lost to the Pats in regular season in 2007 then win the Superbowl...this year the Giants won the regular season match....who da thunk a 9-7 team that had to win the last game of the season would go this far.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Maybe this will be the flip of 2007...Giants lost to the Pats in regular season in 2007 then win the Superbowl...this year the Giants won the regular season match....who da thunk a 9-7 team that had to win the last game of the season would go this far.
Mike & Mike had some stats on that:

SB teams have met 16 times during the season in which they played in the SB. The winner of the 1st game won 9 times during the SB (good news for NYG) but the loser of the season game has won the last 3 times (good news for NE).