Who is Alive here?

hoplitis

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
The problem is not only in this forum. The forum over at shrapnel's has lost a lot of steam, too. Don't know what's going on on other SP dedicated sites.
So what is the prognosis doctor? Is it terminal?
Any theories about the reasons?

hoplitis

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
I play. Not PBMs though. Doing some scenario designing, too. The thing is that I was completely emersed in Real Life problems for about two years and "out of circulation". Things are better now, I return to the forums and find myself listening to "the sound of silence"!:nuts: So, did I miss something?

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Well, it seems that a few of us are still checking, and that its really weird why things have died down on the forums.

So now, we make a choice: Do we try to resucitate these forums ourselves, by creating opportunities for all of us to play and interact more, or, do we say goodbye to this site, and to the countless hours of fun that it has provided over the years?

I dunno guys, its sure easier to leave the forums for good, but what do you say, you feel like we should try to make it all work again?

emonje

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I've got a PBEM going. Nothing much else. Maybe later this month I'll start looking for some opponents.

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Still here.

Haven´t played any SP for weeks though...

Phoney War was great.. or would have been without some of the players, who FORGOT TO PLAY IT.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Yeah, exactly, phoney war is kinna as dead as dead can be. Thats why Im saying: Should we all try to re-vitalise this game with our own input? Has anyone seen or heard from Deuce by the way?

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
My input will be the pbem games I will start at some point. That´s all I can do...

If someone creates a tournament I´d join if the standards concerning pace of play are the most adamant.

Looks like Deuce has been online last time in 1st of june :/

Fokkov

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
anyone seen or heard from Deuce by the way?
Seems he had some rl isuues which forced him to slow down , the campaing he was running from his own site also bled to death after the first round :cry:

The concept was good , but all stands or fails with the man running it,

this was what he wrote some months ago.

Hi guys. Sorry for being MIA lately. Some RL issues have prevented me from being here and they will be continuing through the spring. As some of you may know I am part of the playtest team with Camo and have not been able to contribute there either. The same goes for my Moderator capacity at GameSquad. I haven't even downloaded any of the recent updates for WinSP.

All this being said the campaign will have to be ended as I cannot say that I will be able to pick it back up later. IF there are enough who want to continue at a later date I would consider it but don't think it will work. If I do continue with any of the SP series it will be in design (Campaign and Scenario) and the occasional regular Pbem game.

Thatguy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems he had some rl isuues which forced him to slow down , the campaing he was running from his own site also bled to death after the first round :cry:

The concept was good , but all stands or fails with the man running it,

this was what he wrote some months ago.

Hi guys. Sorry for being MIA lately. Some RL issues have prevented me from being here and they will be continuing through the spring. As some of you may know I am part of the playtest team with Camo and have not been able to contribute there either. The same goes for my Moderator capacity at GameSquad. I haven't even downloaded any of the recent updates for WinSP.

All this being said the campaign will have to be ended as I cannot say that I will be able to pick it back up later. IF there are enough who want to continue at a later date I would consider it but don't think it will work. If I do continue with any of the SP series it will be in design (Campaign and Scenario) and the occasional regular Pbem game.
Yeah, sounds about right. I just graduated from Grad School in May and while I still check here there's not much going on that I feel I have time to get involved in. I myself have been primarily sticking to my design work (there's another country on the way ;)), but that's about it.

dita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The campaign seemed to come to a grinding halt after the initial battles....

I pop in here occasionally, I wasn`t able to devote the time to the PBEM battles like I used to.

I couldn`t turn the turns around as quick as I perhaps could in the past.

What other games do the people play here? HAve the migrated to other games / genres ?

Fokkov

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Still play a lot, but my major game is WITP. http://www.matrixgames.com/products/294/details/War.In.The.Pacific
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/details/War.in.the.Pacific.-.Admiral's.Edition
Micro management on a big scale.
Have 2 pbem games running, both started June 2005 and both still hasn't past november 1942(game date).:OHNO:
Its the best investment i've ever did considering how much time i've spent playing.
Very active and alive forum also.
I started to use SP some years ago to fill the time in between WITP turns

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I´m addicted on Football manager 08...

Just started a Pbem battle in WinSPWW2 after almost a month without.

I´ve also enjoyed Civilization 4, Fall from Heaven fantasy mod, but mostly I´m stuck with the FM08. BADLY.

dita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I`ve got uncommon valor, but never really got into it.

Football manager 08. Here in the uk I believe it (or a previous version) has been cited in divorce proceedings, or perhaps its one of those "urban myth" stories.

CIV 4. Excellent game. Must admit, when that game out it sapped alot of my time:D Especially with the fall from heaven mod. that is a great mod!

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am still alive but no time to devote here due to other commitments and RL issues over the last several months. I have taken my personal Combat Campaigns forums down for the time being as well although I am hoping to have them back up by the end of the summer.

At this time SP is not on my play list, and truthfully I have not even installed the last patches for both WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT. I am hoping to get involved with the game again at some point, primarily sticking to designing scenarios and campaigns but I don't see it happening anytime soon.