• Total voters

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
It's a pretty subjective topic, I am a fan of LFT.
BFP, HoB & LCP's counters are great, MMP has stepped up with it's more current releases so it's hard to pick just one.
I have no CH or ToT stuff to judge.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
holy thread resurrection batman ! lol. Whew, i checked whom I voted for and thankfully it was MMP. But BFP does do a very fine job as does LFT. CH they can be hit or miss.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP. The larger images and numbers are helpful without cluttering the space. Also, their counters are square. Call me old fashioned, but I like my counters cut correctly.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
As was pointed out to me...this thread started 5 years ago and BGD wasn't making counters back then. But I use BGD counters almost exclusively and never use the boring MMP counters.
To each their own of course, I cannot stand the BG counters. I am glad he did them for the people who want and like them, but cannot stand the font. I just cannot put my finger on it, seems to large and bold. I I think the other counters compliment the maps better as they are not as over powering (for lack of a better explanation). I admit I did almost bought the berserk and AQ sheets.....

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
To each their own of course, I cannot stand the BG counters. I am glad he did them for the people who want and like them, but cannot stand the font. I just cannot put my finger on it, seems to large and bold. I I think the other counters compliment the maps better as they are not as over powering (for lack of a better explanation). I admit I did almost bought the berserk and AQ sheets.....

Peace

Roger
you have to get the sniper ones, far far better than the geriatric Official ones

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Heat of Battle by ten miles.

This is America. Tell me what to do like you’re a Medusa faced schoolteacher trying to crush my spirit and I’ll crush something on you that won’t ever recover.

Hell yeah!

criticalhit

Reaction score
yes, i just missed an auction of all four turret counter sheets on ebay because they ended at 4am and i was fast asleep and missed the bidding deadliine. it sold for a meager 26 dollars. i kicked myself for missing a steal like that.
UPDATE FEBRUARY 3, 2023. THE SAME SELLER ON EBAY LISTED THE SAME ITEM AS BUY IT NOW 26 DOLLARS AND I POUNCED ON IT. THAT WAS LIKE OVER A WEEK AGO. AFTER MANY UNANSWERED MESSAGES (I HAD TO HAVE PATIENCE AFTER ALL I WAS GETTING AN ITEM THAT WAS OUT OF PRINT AND NO ONE HAS IT SO I HAD TO BE NICE RIGHT?) IT SEEM THAT THE COUNTER SHEETS ARE NOT ORIGINAL THEY ARE SCANS OF THE ORIGINAL SHEETS FRONT AND BACK ON THICK POSTER BOARD. I AM LIVID. I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE WITH MY "NICE GUY" DEMEANOR" OR GIVE HIM A NEGATIVE AND SHIP IT BACK TO HIM OR JUST REPORT HIM TO EBAY AS SOMEONE SELLING COUNTERFEIT ASL PRODUCTS. YOURE VIEWS?

criticalhit

Reaction score
UPDATE FEBRUARY 3, 2023. THE SAME SELLER ON EBAY LISTED THE SAME ITEM AS BUY IT NOW 26 DOLLARS AND I POUNCED ON IT. THAT WAS LIKE OVER A WEEK AGO. AFTER MANY UNANSWERED MESSAGES (I HAD TO HAVE PATIENCE AFTER ALL I WAS GETTING AN ITEM THAT WAS OUT OF PRINT AND NO ONE HAS IT SO I HAD TO BE NICE RIGHT?) IT SEEM THAT THE COUNTER SHEETS ARE NOT ORIGINAL THEY ARE SCANS OF THE ORIGINAL SHEETS FRONT AND BACK ON THICK POSTER BOARD. I AM LIVID. I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE WITH MY "NICE GUY" DEMEANOR" OR GIVE HIM A NEGATIVE AND SHIP IT BACK TO HIM OR JUST REPORT HIM TO EBAY AS SOMEONE SELLING COUNTERFEIT ASL PRODUCTS. YOURE VIEWS?
UPDATE TWO: THE NAME OF THE EBAY SELLER IS ..................5THSSBRENT2012............. ANOTHER BLACK SS COUNTER WORSHIPPER.
ANYWAY HERE IS MY EPISTLE TO HIM: "HI, BEFORE I EXPLAIN WHY IM WRITING TO YOU, I WOULD FIRST LIKE YOU TO QUICKLY LOOK AT HOW MANY MESSAGES I SENT TO YOU AFTER I WON THIS PRODUCT AND WAITED PATIENTLY FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS TO FINALLY GET A RESPONSE FROM YOU. NORMALLY I AM NOT THAT PATIENT. YOU IGNORED LIKE MAYBE 7 OF MY REQUESTS REGARDING SHIPMENT BEFORE YOU FINALLY ANSWERED AND SAID THAT IT WOULD BE MAILED OUT TOMORROW FEB 1. THERE IS A REASON WHY I GAVE YOU EXTRA TIME TO IGNORE MY NUMEROUS MESSAGES TO U REGARDING WHEN WAS THE ITEM GOING TO BE SHIPPED. I WAS PATIENT BECAUSE THIS PRODUCT IS OUT OF PRINT AND NO ONE OTHER THAN YOU WAS SELLING IT. AT WHAT I FELT WAS BELOW COST, RITTERKRIEG WHO IS OUT OF IT WAS SELLING THE ENTIRE SET YOU WERE SELLLING FOR 65 DOLLARS SO WHEN I SAW IT LISTED AGAIN I PURCHASED IT FOR 26 WHICH I FIGURED WAS A STEAL. MY MISTAKE-- AS WHEN I OPENED THE PACKAGE, I WAS HORRIFIED TO ENCOUNTER NOT AN ORIGINAL PRODUCT BUT A COUNTERFEIT ONE MADE OF SCANS OF THE ORIGINAL ON THICK POSTER BOARD AND NOT EVEN DIE CUT. REALLY? I COULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING WITH MY PRINTER AND GOTTEN THE SCANS FROM BOARD GAME GEEK. BUT FOR YOU TO NOT SAY YOU WERE SELLING COPIES OF AN ORIGINAL (BTW MMP DOES NOT PRODUCE THESE SHEETS AND NEVER DID) YOU HAVE INSULTED ALL ADVANCED SQUAD LEADER COLLECTORS. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS SELLING COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS ON EBAY. PLEASE ISSUE ME A COMPLETE REFUND AS I AM OPENING UP A CASE TO RETURN THESE COUNTERFEIT SHEETS TO YOU ASAP
FAIR WARNING TO OTHERS ON THIS SITE BEWARE OF........... 5THSSBRENT2012............... HE SELLS COUNTERFEIT ASL PRODUCTS.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UPDATE TWO: THE NAME OF THE EBAY SELLER IS ..................5THSSBRENT2012............. ANOTHER BLACK SS COUNTER WORSHIPER.
ANYWAY HERE IS MY EPISTLE TO HIM: HI, BEFORE I EXPLAIN WHY IM WRITING TO YOU, I WOULD FIRST LIKE YONUU TO QUICKLY LOOK AT HOW MANY MESSAGES I SENT TO YOU AFTER I WON THIS PRODUCT AND WAITED PATIENTLY FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS TO RECEIVE IT. NORMALLY I AM NOT THAT PATIENT. YOU IGNORED LIKE MAYBE 7 OF MY RESPONSES BEFORE YOU FINALLY ANSWERED AND SAID THAT IT WOULD BE MAILED OUT TOMORROW. THERE IS A REASON WHY I GAVE YOU EXTRA TIME TO IGNORE MY NUMEROUS MESSAGES TO U REGARDING WHEN WAS THE ITEM GOING TO BE SHIPPED. I WAS PATIENT BECAUSE THIS PRODUCT IS OUT OF PRINT AND NO ONE OTHER THAN YOU WAS SELLING IT. AT WHAT I FELT WAS BELOW COST, RITTERKRIEG WHO IS OUT OF IT WAS SELLING THE ENTIRE SET YOU WERE SELLLING FOR 65 DOLLARS SO WHEN I SAW IT LISTED AGAIN I PURCHASED IT FOR 26 WHICH I FIGURED WAS A STEAL. MY MISTAKE AS WHEN I OPENED THE PACKAGE I WAS HORRIFIED TO ENCOUNTER NOT AN ORIGINAL PRODUCT BUT A COUNTERFEIT ONE MADE OF SCANS OF THE ORIGINAL ON THICK POSTER BOARD. REALLY? I COULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING WITH MY PRINTER AND GOTTEN THE SCANS FROM BOARD GAME GEEK. BUT FOR YOU TO NOT SAY YOU WERE SELLING COPIES OF AN ORIGINAL (BTW MMP DOES NOT PRODUCE THESE SHEETS AND NEVER DID) YOU HAVE INSULTED ALL ADVANCED SQUAD LEADER COLLECTORS. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS SELLING COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS ON EBAY. PLEASE ISSUE ME A COMPLETE REFUND AS I AM OPENING UP A CASE TO RETURN THESE COUNTERFEIT SHEETS TO YOU ASAP
FAIR WARNING TO OTHERS ON THIS SITE BEWARE OF........... 5THSSBRENT2012............... HE SELLS COUNTERFEIT ASL PRODUCTS.
Gee, don’t ya think the name was a tip off?

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Funny, I have to remove my glasses in order to see the screen (or read).

Bill Kohler

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Country
llUnited States
MMP counters are the best: their text is crisp, the cardboard is very consistent from module to module, their cutting is top-notch, and the colors are pretty uniform. Also, they're the only ones paying Hasbro for the ASL IP.

Of the counters I own, BFP's are very good and LFT's a close second (but a bit cartoonish). In general, though, I'm not a fan of colored silhouettes: too much color muddies the playmap, making it a distracting kaleidoscope. I find I really do prefer AH's/MMP's monochrome style--I don't even punch my TPM counters (except for counters that aren't in the official MMP set). Worst of all would be mixing and matching different counter styles and fonts during the same play--yuck.

Last edited:

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
For my two cents, counters serve a utilitarian purpose for the game. They need to be uniform, crisp & clear (easy to read) with large enough font for our aging eyes, and perfectly square without the little side titties (e.g., AH counters in the 90s). We need to have enough in our counter mix but not too many to store efficiently. They don't need to be cartoonish or tickle our fantasies. We don't need esoteric counters in the mix that have very limited historical use or gameplay utility (I prefer SSRs instead to address one-off situations). MMP checks most of the boxes for me and their quality has improved to an extremely high standard in the past few years.