Whitmann's Follies - Villers Bocage

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Full Monty and I have been locked in a deadly battle in the hedgerows of Normandy since sometime in February. We set out to fill down time while playing in the "Three Months in France" tournament-thingy. We decided to play the Operation from CMBO called 'Villers Bocage',... a three battle extravaganza as Panzer Lehr and a few Tigers from the Black Shirt Boys battle England's crack 7th Armoured Division. A facinating tale it is.

Round One - Whitmann's Folly

I had always heard that this Whitmann chap was some sort of tank shaman so I looked forward to having the lad show me what he was made of. Oh, he did alright,...he proceeded to shoot holes in two halftracks and then fall victim to a grenade or PIAT or some damn thing. He died fast and without glory. Schmuck!

To make matters worse the silly Goyim split his command and the British proceeded to shoot his force of six Tigers to pieces in little more than 20 minutes. The other tanks did mangae a few kills but Germany cannot afford to trade six Tiger tanks for a mere ten Shermans and Cromwells and five halftracks.

The good news is the small force of infantry cut off in town made good its escape with the lose of only one MG team. Whitmann,...what a schlemiel!

Last edited:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Panzer Lehr to the Rescue - Villers Round Two

Thankfully for the German army in Normandy the Wehrmacht had a regular panzer division nearby to help out the Black Shirted Bumble Boys. The marvelous Pz IVs with a pair of greanadier platoons moved up to support a fresh force of Tiger tanks. However, these Tiger Tonka Toys just don't seem suited for a modern battlefield.

The German assault pushed down all three avenues of approach which set off a massive melee in the French countryside. The Germans lost another 12 tanks (four more of the decrepid kitty-kats) but the Mk IVs ran up an incredible score of 22 tank kills plus a gun, an armoured car, a halftrack, and a carrier to say nothing of bashing about some infantry.

By the end of round two Panzer Lehr had managed to regain the original starting positions of the morning and then some. The stage was set for the final clash betwixt the famous and indomitable 7th Armoured and Panzer Lehr. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Things have been 'interesting' so far. Facing so many Tigers to counter 7th Armoured has been forced to adopt tactics so as to take the Tigers from behind (oo-er!) or from the flank. This has left them exposed to the MkIVs though.

With the third round just under way, the carnage promises to continue :devil:

battlegroupllc

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello. I really dont mean to sound pompass. But my name is Wittmann. That spelling is the English one. The IRS makes the same mistake. I notice many wargames misspell his name. But perhaps you were going for dis respect with your constant jewish refernces. Kinda weird to get poltical over a tactical GAME but whatever. 60 years never passes for some people I guess.

AS far as the GAME goes. I really liked this game until I playes with Tigers. They wont target anything. Makes the game pretty useless.

Wolfleader

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great screenies. Hehe... I remember how cocky I used to be whenever I had Tigers in my battalion. That is until played a game where I faced the Firefly's for the first time and got a rather rough introduction to the sheer destructive capability of their 17 pounders.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
battlegroupllc said:
But perhaps you were going for dis respect with your constant jewish refernces. Kinda weird to get poltical over a tactical GAME but whatever. 60 years never passes for some people I guess.
Now, now, Herr Wittmann, surely these Nazis can withstand a touch of irony,...if not not-so-gentle digs,...they were hardly the most upstanding fellows. However, you are right, no respect intended - at all.

...and no,...60 years or 600 years, I do not forget. We would do well to remember, forever, the likes of Nazi Germany and the military that supported the regime.

...alas, this is but a game,...nobody bleeds, nobody dies.

Thus endeth the sermon,...'nuff said.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Much death and destruction

About halfway through the final round of Viller's Bocage and there is much pixeled blood strewn about. The front has not advanced far,... only a few meters in some places,... yet both sides near exhaustion.

The battle is concentrated near the main crossroads where the Bristish column was first set upon by our Teutonic decendants. Much destruction but the breach in the lines is sealed and we prepare to drive on Washington.

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
It's been nothing short of a bloodbath so far. Inch by inch Lehr has been made to pay for the ground gained but at a terrible cost to the Tommys. Morale is no longer what it could be as battered remnants of the forward troops flee the battlefield. Yet the British will hold, as they must!

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
The End is Nigh!!

London shall be spared my wrath! Washington shall escape my chastisment - my chastizem,...a very severe spanking!!!

BE WARNED, OH EVIL PERVEYOR OF ALL THINGS,.... 'democratic' :kotz:,... I shall be avenged!

You may have blunted my panzer spearheads today!!!

BUT!!!

YOU SHALL BE CRUSHED AT SOME LATER DATE.

I'm not sure which one as yet, my calendar is rather full,...that and we have a tournament round coming,... and I have to go to Montreal for some ASL,...and lunch Sunday with a French lass,... :hmmm:

I HAVE A WEAPON IN MIND!!!!

I HAVE A WEAPON IN MIND!!!!

That and casualties will probably mean yet another draw :whist:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
London in Ruins, Washington Sues for Peace!!

(ANN)- In a surprising turn of events the allied position in France has collapsed. In what appeared to be a sure stalemate at Viller-Bocage the German army has pulled off the most incredible victory in the history of warfare. After rupturing the allied line at Villers, the Germans swung north and captured London, the capital of the British Empire. The allied armies on the continent, now abandoned, have surrendered and a veritable mitt full of generals are now on their way to re-education centres. The ganster-criminal, Churchill lies dead in the ruins of the House of Commons, an empty submachine gun in his hands and an expensive bottle of Port nearby.

Exploiting the breach the Wehrmacht then wheeled left and bypassed New York, quickly capturing the New Jersey, Mary's Land and marching up the Strip-Mall to meet the leaders of the New US Congress. In shackles nearby was the former, and now impeached, Arch-Criminal President 'Roosavelt', allowed to watch the final act of surrender before being lead off to face charges of 'waging aggressive war', 'criminal conspiracy' and other anti-Aryan activities.

In other news. It is said the Reich will now sue the Soviet Union for peace before we are overrun by the 'Asiatic Hordes'. Lebensraum has been attained in the American mid-west, great plains and west coast. We will thus abandon our eastward expansion as just too 'iffy'. The Italians can have Canada, too cold for good Aryans anyway.

[What!? :crosseye: ...it could happen :smoke: ]

Last edited: