Which would you prefer MMP focus on--core, HASLs, or post-Korea?

Which would you prefer MMP focus on--core, HASLs, or post-Korea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samwat

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking forward to more Korea scenarios, but . . .

Is there a way to weight polls? I.e., I'd like people to be able to deploy a total of up to three points between the three options (as in, 3-0-0, or 2-1-0, or 1-1-1, etc.).

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
My choices:
Reprint three core modules (excluding BV which, like rulebook, should always be "in stock") over an average of two years.
Print a new HASL / reprint an old HASL every other year (includes DASL modules).
Pre 1939 / post 1953 modules every three or four years.
Print Journal, Winter Offense pack, and Action Pack every year.
YMMV

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Core module reprints, please. I'm allergic to ebay, so it's taken me just over six years to purchase a new shrink wrapped copy of: VotG, BV, RS, Yanks, FB and HP... the quest continues.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
And the Romans must use Infantry Platoon Movement.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
In practical terms it makes the most sense for MMP to concentrate on re-issuing the core modules and to have them re-published when they are out of stock. But in terms of personal preferences my choice would be the HASL modules.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I voted

"Focus on republishing Core Modules".

I have all of them but I think this will be of most benefit to the community. Personally I am not really interested in anything post WW2 for ASL purposes (though I would buy it if it were a core module for the sake of haveing a complete kit with regard to rules and boards). HASLs would be something 'new' for my stuff, yet for the large investment of time these require, I can't really play them though I own all of them.

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
None of the above, with a slight nod to the Hatten's and Singling's out there. I would be happy with AP's/WO packs with new boards and such. I buy the HASL's but never play them and rarely punch out the counters. Most of mine are more or less new in shrink. This opinion puts new players in a twist though. For the health of the hobby, I would lean towards core modules. -- jim

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Also being selfish, I would prefer a period of focus on option 1, to the point where all core modules were re-released and set up to the point that reprinting would be achievable in reasonable periods of time once stock got low and interest was there. Second (concurrent, of course) would be the HASLs. There are at least 5-6 that I can think of off the top of my head that are in the works by various people, which should give us enough to progress there. Last priority should be Cold War stuff, now that Korea is out.

YMMV, of course.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to use ASL to resolve boarding party combat in the other rules bloated game I play: SFB.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Being shellfish, I want my modules in shrimp wrap.
That said, MMP are the custodians of the official ASL stuff, so reprinting the core modules is a priority.
Not that that has prevented them from publishing HASL, journals and scenario packs.
No beyond Korea module interests me: there are better tactical systems covering later periods - MMP's Front Toward Enemy is only 21 short of the P# goal...
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/59/ProductID/318/Default.aspx

Last edited: