Which versions of Vassal and VASL?

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Returning player after many years and would like to know what versions of each program people are using for online play at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The last official release is vasl6.6.1 with vassal3.4.6. vasl6.6.1 may work with more recent vassal versions but you try it at your own risk.

Some players have decided to stick with vasl6.5.1 and vassal3.2.17. This combination works just fine. However, there will be no further updates it. All additional bug fixes and added features will be in vasl6.6.x and vassal3.4.X or higher.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Returning player after many years and would like to know what versions of each program people are using for online play at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome back to the fold!

I am using VASSAL v3.4.11 and VASL v6.6.1 without issues.

von Marwitz

rixster1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since the new updates I have been experiencing major counter issues! They don't respond like they used to. Counter manipulation is a tedious and frustrating experience now. Counters shuffle for when selected, Counters don't split off like before. Whatever was "fixed" please unfix it!!! I am using Vassal 3.4.8 and VASL 6.6.1

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Since the new updates I have been experiencing major counter issues! They don't respond like they used to. Counter manipulation is a tedious and frustrating experience now. Counters shuffle for when selected, Counters don't split off like before. Whatever was "fixed" please unfix it!!! I am using Vassal 3.4.8 and VASL 6.6.1
What is the most recent version where you don't see the problem? Have you tried 3.4.12?