llItaly
from movie "Patton" ( I guess)
patton movie.jpg

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe that is a 3/4 ton truck (ASL US vehicle note 55), known as a "beep", made by Dodge.

Edit: I think it is a WC-56 Command and Reconnaissance Cars.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a TPP has done one before, but maybe not. We need the M6 Tank Destroyer

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a TPP has done one before, but maybe not. We need the M6 Tank Destroyer

They would be fun for North Africa Scenarios.

There is also a M3 halftrack variant, with a 37mm ATG in the cargo area, that should be added. 2nd Armored Division used them as late as Normandy.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
They would be fun for North Africa Scenarios.

There is also a M3 halftrack variant, with a 37mm ATG in the cargo area, that should be added. 2nd Armored Division used them as late as Normandy.
The official counter seems to cover a multitude of versions based upon that chassis. Best fit would be the above version and the flat-bed truck version.

The armed version is the M6 Gun Motor Carriage. Initially issued to TD battalions along with the 75mm armed M3 GMC in North Africa, small numbers remained in use in the Pacific where they were more than good enough for Japanese armour and had the benefit of canister. The M3 37mm guns were removed from the NA based M6 GMC and fitted to M2 h/t sometime between the end of the Tunisia campaign and before Sicily. I remember a photo of a Sicily post combat parade with M3 armed M2 tracks.

footsteps has the M6 GMC as part of his massive redo of existing and missing vehicles.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe that is a 3/4 ton truck (ASL US vehicle note 55), known as a "beep", made by Dodge.

Edit: I think it is a WC-56 Command and Reconnaissance Cars.
What is the vehicle behind the jeep?
It looks like a vehicle that a friend of mine had 30 years ago and he called it a commanders tour car. I think there was a fold down 'secutary' (sp?) for the back seat that held maps and the like and had space in the rear trunk (boot) for a radio

daniel