Which scenario?

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm trying to find the scenario (set in Saipan?) that includes a bunch of Japanese tanks (Type-89?), for which you have to use an additional type due to the number exceeding what came in RS. I recently acquired some additional Japanese vehicle counters, so can play the scenario with all of the right counters. I've checked the B&J scenarios without luck, so anticipate it is an MMP scenario, but am not sure what it came in.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If it was on Saipan the tanks were probably Type-97 medium and/or Type-95 light. The Type-89 was primarily pre-WWII & early war.

JR

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a scenario in the Leatherneck Pack that might be the one you are thinking of , LN7: Saipan's Tanks

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it the one from a recent AP, on Peleliu, Bats Outta Hell AP115? It has 12 Type 95 HA-GO...

FrazerG

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Frazer
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hiya. I am looking at Scenario AP 115 (Bats Outta Hell) and my sceanrio card has NO red ink on it. (I guess I can not be the only purchaser of this product with this issue). Consequently I have all the units listed but none of the numbers. Can anyone help?
Ta.

Attachments

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine has the red ink, so here are the numbers:
US:
At-start 9 squads, 2 HS, 2 crew, 2 9-1, 2 MMGs, 3 BAZ, 2 Guns.
Reinforcements 4 and 4 for the tanks.

Japanese:
At-start 6 squads and 12 tanks.
Reinforcements 12 squads, 2 8-0, 2 LMG, 2 dmMTR

Anything not listed is '1' and had no red number. On the board configuration, the lower half of the maps are colored red.

FrazerG

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Frazer
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not really done much PTO, my mate loves Japs but we agreed I need to play them in the next scenario. Aiming to play this in the next week or so. The feedback is interesting (some like it some do not!) As an exercise in learining jungle rules is looks like fun, lots of stuff to play with!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I was discussing with Brigadier Bacardi a potential Word that has some association with Night. I thought of " flare " and suddenly recalled, sort of, a scenario wbitd where a flare triggered a specific action. I can't recall the scenario so am throwing it out there for some help.

It was set in the winter, perhaps during the Bulge. Night, the Americans were retreating and had to ford or swim a frigid river. There were ropes across the river, I think.
No scenarios handy and a lap full of felines or I might try to find it.

Btw tramping around outside in NE Ohio in January with wet feet I often thought about those poor GIs and the choices they faced that night. The water had to be damn cold and even if you made it hypothermia was the most likely outcome. I think they were facing the SS.

Thanks for any help.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was discussing with Brigadier Bacardi a potential Word that has some association with Night. I thought of " flare " and suddenly recalled, sort of, a scenario wbitd where a flare triggered a specific action. I can't recall the scenario so am throwing it out there for some help.

It was set in the winter, perhaps during the Bulge. Night, the Americans were retreating and had to ford or swim a frigid river. There were ropes across the river, I think.
No scenarios handy and a lap full of felines or I might try to find it.

Btw tramping around outside in NE Ohio in January with wet feet I often thought about those poor GIs and the choices they faced that night. The water had to be damn cold and even if you made it hypothermia was the most likely outcome. I think they were facing the SS.

Thanks for any help.
The Dortnot Watermark. Was an SL scenario, later re done for ASL. I think it was about an American unit withdrawing at night, across a river in France. Fall ‘44. With the SS pursuing.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The Dortnot Watermark. Was an SL scenario, later re done for ASL. I think it was about an American unit withdrawing at night, across a river in France. Fall ‘44. With the SS pursuing.
That sounds right to me. Thanks!!

Interesting scenario. 🤔

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That sounds right to me. Thanks!!

Interesting scenario. 🤔
I'm currently working on a similar scenario taking place at Soutopa/Buna, New Guinea Feb '43 where a force of Americans were ambushed by the Japanese and pursued to a crossing of a swollen river where they made a similar re-crossing. In that action SGT Sidney Devries Co. L 126th Inf Regt. from Grand Rapids, MI (according to Mark Devries, an ASL aficionado, he was no direct relative) along with five others volunteered to remain behind with the severely wounded and cover the retreat of the rest of organization. He was last seen armed with two tommy-guns preparing to cover the crossing point and his comrades. He was posthumously awarded The Silver Star19349for his actions and though his body was never recovered he is memorialized on Tablets of the Missing at Manila American Cemetery. Perhaps I'll post the scenario for free in the ASL Resources section at a later date when I feel it's ready for fun or final play-test.
http://www.32nd-division.org/site-map.html

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I'm currently working on a similar scenario taking place at Soutopa/Buna, New Guinea Feb '43 where a force of Americans were ambushed by the Japanese and pursued to a crossing of a swollen river where they made a similar re-crossing. In that action SGT Sidney Devries Co. L 126th Inf Regt. from Grand Rapids, MI (according to Mark Devries, an ASL aficionado, he was no direct relative) along with five others volunteered to remain behind with the severely wounded and cover the retreat of the rest of organization. He was last seen armed with two tommy-guns preparing to cover the crossing point and his comrades. He was posthumously awarded The Silver StarView attachment 19349for his actions and though his body was never recovered he is memorialized on Tablets of the Missing at Manila American Cemetery. Perhaps I'll post the scenario for free in the ASL Resources section at a later date when I feel it's ready for fun or final play-test.
http://www.32nd-division.org/site-map.html
I have the SL version of Dornot Watermark but haven't dug it out yet.

Good luck with your scenario. It sounds pretty good.

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hiya. I am looking at Scenario AP 115 (Bats Outta Hell) and my sceanrio card has NO red ink on it. (I guess I can not be the only purchaser of this product with this issue). Consequently I have all the units listed but none of the numbers. Can anyone help?
Ta.
Hi,

I had the same problem back when that Action Pack came out, three of the scenarios had no red ink. I contacted MMP to obtain replacements, and they very kindly sent out a complete new pack. So, worth checking the other scenarios and then contacting them.