Which Product Would You Prefer Released First?

Which ASL product do you want to see released FIRST?

• Armies of Oblivion (Axis Minors Ord & Veh Core Mod)

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • Valor of the Guards (a Stalingrad-themed HASL)

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Ortona (an Italy-themed HASL w/Canadians)

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Actions Packs (several are in the works; maps & scens)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Journal 6 (including a map and mini campaign game)

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • ASL Starter Kit #2 (introducing guns and ordnance)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • ASL Starter Kit #3 (introducing armor and vehicles)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Out of the Attic #2 (not imminent; reprinting old scens)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASL Rulebook Reprint

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Beyond Valor Reprint

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP has a number of ASL-related projects that are finished or soon to be finished. Which one is most important to you?

Last edited:

paulkenny

Reaction score
pitman said:
MMP has a number of ASL-related projects that are finished or soon to be finished. Which one is most important to you?

AOO

then

HP

then

VoTG

then

The 2 Action Packs discussed: Normandy and East Front

then

My Rare vehicles pack.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark;

What does this really matter? MMP is still draging their feet on finalizing the layout contract for thier "bottle necked" ASL projects. And they have already said time and time again that our input is a moot point.

Scott

pitman said:

da priest

Reaction score
Well, we vote, but don't think it will matter much.

Most probable order is:

ASLRB Oct-Nov
Journal 6 Dec-Jan
ASLSK#2 Feb-Mar
AoO Feb-Mar
BV Mar-May

:cry:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the hobby to flourish, the RB has to top the list. While I am functional with my annotated RB1 and I would prefer to have RB2, I voted for the hobby rather than my personal interest ... AOO. Second in line for the hobby would have to be SK2 followed by SK3. A smattering of SK scenarios in J6 and future journals would also serve to suck in ... introduce ... new players to the games multiple pleasures.

paulkenny

Reaction score
da priest said:
Well, we vote, but don't think it will matter much.

Most probable order is:

ASLRB Oct-Nov
Journal 6 Dec-Jan
ASLSK#2 Feb-Mar
AoO Feb-Mar
BV Mar-May

:cry:

Ron, one product every two months! :surprise:

What gives you the impression that MMP could ever live up to that production schedule?

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ASLRB

Personally, I'd prefer AoO, as I've got the other core modules. For new players, however, getting into ASL without the rulebook in print is a major exercise in frustration. Been there, done that a year and a half ago. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially those slavering ASLSK #1'ers that want more.

Last edited:

Mark Warren

Reaction score
Country
ll
Looks like the poll is currently split between those who are hooked (and bought everything but AoO) and those in waiting to be hooked :)

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark Warren said:
Looks like the poll is currently split between those who are hooked (and bought everything but AoO) and those in waiting to be hooked :)
I am sure this does not surprize too many but those pushing for the ASLRB should have at least in the back of their mind, AOO has been "on the list" for quite along time and it is still vaporware. BV is just starting its quest "on the list" . The rulebook is useless without the core products (excluding e-bay for the moment) and the support it implies.

From that perspective it is an interesting dilemma.

Keith

da priest

Reaction score
paulkenny said:
Ron, one product every two months! :surprise:
What gives you the impression that MMP could ever live up to that production schedule?
Well, currently giving them the benefit of the doubt and taking them at their word from here, ASLML and ConSim.:crosseye:

But, I do know where you are coming from, and can understand the rising frustration in your tone here. Between you and me, and what we knew of the status of AoO, back in Nov. 2002, we both would have bet large amounts of money that AoO would have been out for Xmas 2003. Sigh.:nervous:

paulkenny

Reaction score
Larry said:
For the hobby to flourish, the RB has to top the list. While I am functional with my annotated RB1 and I would prefer to have RB2, I voted for the hobby rather than my personal interest ... AOO. Second in line for the hobby would have to be SK2 followed by SK3. A smattering of SK scenarios in J6 and future journals would also serve to suck in ... introduce ... new players to the games multiple pleasures.

The only problem is that AoO has been promised since before the last time the Rulebook was printed, that is where the frustration arises!1! :laugh:

paulkenny

Reaction score
da priest said:
Well, currently giving them the benefit of the doubt and taking them at their word from here, ASLML and ConSim.:crosseye:

But, I do know where you are coming from, and can understand the rising frustration in your tone here. Between you and me, and what we knew of the status of AoO, back in Nov. 2002, we both would have bet large amounts of money that AoO would have been out for Xmas 2003. Sigh.:nervous:
I would suspect the only people who want this out more than us is Perry Brian and Curt.

I suspect Keith actually enjoys defending MMP on this.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I rather think that if MMP had really wanted AOO out that much then it would have been gotten out sooner. Personally, I don't think AOO had anybody at MMP who was interested in working on it.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also dont think MMP has the playtest resources like AH did. Of course, there are alot of underhanded things MMP did to turn away veteran playtest groups too. These are not nice people to PT for.

Scott

pitman said:
I rather think that if MMP had really wanted AOO out that much then it would have been gotten out sooner. Personally, I don't think AOO had anybody at MMP who was interested in working on it.