Which of these will be most likely published next?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I had forgot about the French, but I didn't think that "Poilus" was a insult. If so please enlighten me.
Poilus was not an insult.
It was positively used by the French, but mostly linked to WW1.
Frogs, however, was employed by the British in a not very favourable way (French eat frog legs and snails, which Englishmen are not fond of) and don't apply to French soldiers in a specific way. Quite like Spaghetti is not the most respectful way to speak of the Italians.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I got a look some years back, the scenarios seemed like a very good mix to me. Given that is one of the things that get looked at when compiling scenarios for a module and this is not MMP's first rodeo, you should get a good mix. If this was a dedicated HASL to just one battle, then of course the focus would be a lot tighter. This module is covering 3 years of war. I think you are safe.
Thank, I guess my QA history is showing in that I never take anything for granted. I still wish MMP would have taken this as an opportunity to come out with an actual ocean assault board. There are already quite a few mountain boards.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't that characterize a lot of the fighting in Korea?
And the majority of casualties were caused by artillery but how much fun would it be if the majority of the scenarios were just artillery duels? Besides there was fighting all up and down the Korean peninsula so there are some non mountainous areas. There should be something for everyone.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
And the majority of casualties were caused by artillery but how much fun would it be if the majority of the scenarios were just artillery duels?
The same was the case in WW1 and WW2. But such things as Bombardment rarely feature in ASL - be it WW2 scenarios and very likely the same will be true for KWASL.

von Marwitz

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The same was the case in WW1 and WW2. But such things as Bombardment rarely feature in ASL - be it WW2 scenarios and very likely the same will be true for KWASL.

von Marwitz
Of course, I was just using that as an analogy to counterpoint the idea that it should not be all hill fighting. I do have to admit though some of the most fun I had in large DYO scenario in Squad Leader was when a friend and I purchased a large number of 300mm Katyusha multiple rocket launchers and proceeded to rubble the board. Then there was the time when we parachuted radio armed troops behind the Germans and unleashed the barrage on them. Alas they, somewhat understandably, made that one illegal.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I just hope they redesign the French OOB to make the Free French represented by their own counters and not a wacky mix like we have now.

The way I see it, originally it was a cost cutting measure for something they probably though would have few scenarios, so the effort wasn't worth it. Now I think things are different, so hopefully it is changed for the next release.