Which LLMC after KIA of a wounded 9-1 ?

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What kind of LLMC will a wounded 9-1 that is killed trigger ? Will it be a 1LLMC (for being the 9-1 it used to be) or a LLMC for the stacked squads ? The wound occured before the actual attack.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The LLMC will be based on its wounded moral and leadership.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless it dies due to the Wound, IIRC. Might be some Q&A on that.
Yes there is Q&A on it, but I've always viewed that dr to take place before placing a wound counter, so the SMC is never wounded.

17.1 OCCURRENCE: Wounds are accounted for only when they occur to a SMC, thereby diminishing their abilities but still leaving them in play.
17.11 SEVERITY: . . . On a dr of 5 or 6, the wound is considered mortal and is treated as a KIA instead.
emphasis mine

So, I do not think the Q&A is needed.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I see 2 cases here.

1) The 9-1 is unwounded and gets wounded and killed by the wounding. The LLMC would be a 1LLMC.
2) The 9-1 has already been wounded (is now a limping 8-0) in a previous fire and now gets a 2nd wound which kills him. In this case the LLMC would be a 0LLMC.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What kind of LLMC will a wounded 9-1 that is killed trigger ?
While I agree that the question could be read as a CR that results in mortal/KIA result, the question can also be read as Paul's second hypothesis. Like Paul, I see two cases here.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What kind of LLMC will a wounded 9-1 that is killed trigger ? Will it be a 1LLMC (for being the 9-1 it used to be) or a LLMC for the stacked squads ? The wound occured before the actual attack.
I've added emphasis to the original question to clarify it for anyone that might have missed that the leader was wounded before the attack in question.