which is the best CH product of all time?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you need any help, please feel free to ask. I used to proof technical owner's/instruction manuals for a company for many years. I'm such a glutton for punishment that I've taken to completely cleaning up the eASLRB from scratch (pictures, redoing html, adding css, making all the spacing, font size, etc. uniform from chapter to chapter) and I've added the complete rules for VotG, FB, Operation Turnscrew and OtO as well.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
TRBH and Pel WB 1 remain on my perennial "will play it again" list for many of the scenarios therein.

Panther Line had some nice scenarios, as did Bandenkreig, and I would say that the DTO set in entirety lived up to my expectations, some awesome , some not so, and a shole slew of new DTO overlays and a couple mapsheets.

There are a number of reprints now that if you never got the first time , could be worth your time now, while they are back in print. As always, however, CH is a buyer beware market supplier.
Perhaps we can do something about those TRBH / Pei WB scenarios going forward?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there some reason DBP doesn't get more love amongst CH products?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there some reason DBP doesn't get more love amongst CH products?
for my part - Vietnam ground war level wargames I prefer AH's Firepower and Vgs Vietnam 1965-1975, myself, over and above anything created for ASL in that period.

YMMV of course.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you need any help, please feel free to ask. I used to proof technical owner's/instruction manuals for a company for many years. I'm such a glutton for punishment that I've taken to completely cleaning up the eASLRB from scratch (pictures, redoing html, adding css, making all the spacing, font size, etc. uniform from chapter to chapter) and I've added the complete rules for VotG, FB, Operation Turnscrew and OtO as well.
I'll take you up on that offer, (being as your a "local" :)...)

Shoot me an email - witchbottles at gmail dot com for all things ASL related. I'll set you up with proofing out the gate, actually. :)

then we can discuss your disposition and if you might wish to become a "regular". :)

regards jon

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
play testing contiinues at this point for two of the CGs. One newly finished scenario depicting the final Russian assault around A-platz is complete, the A-platz, Templehof, and Halbe district maps are complete ( roughed in , still need a lof of touch up art rendering). The C and C rules are mostly finished - should be going back out to proofreaders by the end of the month. The main rules revision needs to be incorporated with the new changes (this makes it rev 12.4 - a lot of re-structuring and reorganizing for clarity and ease of locating linked rules sections, only a few major revisions.) I hope to be done with that and ready for some read-throughs by the volunteers in time for November - Thanksgiving break time frame. Seelow map sheet is done, the 4 scenarios are done and ready for internal play testing before a genreal call for some outside play testers - I hope to have that ready for the New Year as a general call for anyone desiring to play test then, but I will hold off for now, to ensure all materials are ready (VASL finalized map, .pdf finalized map, .pdf finalized counters, VASL counter extension finalized, and relevant rules at revision 12.4 standards.)

Hope that covers the update at this point. :) More will of course come along. :)

KRL, jon H

Which version of Berlin will this be? I assume CH! will print it. Will it have a unique name

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which version of Berlin will this be? I assume CH! will print it. Will it have a unique name
its not a "version" of Berlin, its a build on from their beginnings, with major revisions. CH will not be printing any of it in any case. Players will require a Berlin map and a TL map from CH, and a copy of the PL CG Rules, in order to use this additional module. It will not be a stand-alone, I do not have any authority from Ray Tapio or Mark Porterfield to print new copies of their two mapsheets. ( likewise, we will be ensuring that all rights are reserved and CH will not be publishing any of the new mapsheets, counters, or module rules, and we will enforce the IP rights therein.) We will have some new countersheets in the module, for the new rule sections and information /system markers required for S-Bahn, U-Bahn and sewer locations.

It will include 4 new mapsheets to cover all of Sector A-E in addition to the area CH already covered fo sector Z. It will include a trio of play aids for the three flak towers in play. The new rules section will be 10-15 pages of new rules, a 8-10 page section for the new CGs.

OSDG may decide to publish it ourselves. Or we may submit it as a full submission once it is complete to a TPP that is not Ch if they are interested at that time.
Hope that covers a re-=hash of the above :)

KRL Jon H

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sorry...late to the CH thread......I just assume in a CH thread.....was this something worked on by ASRomafan

Starlancer

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
My first choice is Berlin as the first choice. Not enough "Historical" for my taste but well , I had so much fun to played it with these 2 modules that I can't be angry about it. A well done Historical module even if I found several historical source more interresting to beeing adapted to the base of the complete CG.Well...it's just the past with my Italian friend. Edo, if you read me, thanks you for a MP. Sincerly you missed me a lot.

agyoung33

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I'd like to give Berlin : fottr a spin, seems to garner alot of up votes. Does anyone have the vasl files for this, or can point me in that direction please?
Cheers Gary

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
http://vasl.info/extensions.htm

file is 5BFR.vdmx for VALS counters.

for some reason the BFR and TL maps are missing from the vasl.info website. This could be due to Ray Tapio concerns or comments. Best resource would be "General Mayhem" here on GS Forums (PM him) - he can get you a CH approved link to DL the maps you seek for VASL.

KRL, jon H

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd like to give Berlin : fottr a spin, seems to garner alot of up votes. Does anyone have the vasl files for this, or can point me in that direction please?
Cheers Gary
you can get the TL map here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk

and its extensions

for VASL, with Ray Tapio's blessings for those.

the BFR I map however....

PM General Mayhem.

KRL, Jon H

agyoung33

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi Jon, thanks for the advice!! I've got the TL stuff...looks like I'll have to PM the mysterious General Mayhem!

As a side note, it sounds fascinating the work you've done on your project. Is this a complete re-development of the base game(s)? It'd be a heckofva project!

Cheers
Gary

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jon, thanks for the advice!! I've got the TL stuff...looks like I'll have to PM the mysterious General Mayhem!

As a side note, it sounds fascinating the work you've done on your project. Is this a complete re-development of the base game(s)? It'd be a heckofva project!

Cheers
Gary
yes.

:)

how's that for mysterious? :D