Which games do you currently own and play?

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Paulinski, where in Canada are you at? Maybe we can get a FtF game if we are close enough? Just PM or E-mail me if you don't want to post it.

I have:

GB 1, Tunisia, and DAK II for OCS;

Leros & Screaming Eagles for TCS; and

The Mighty Endevour is on the way for SCS.

Although I have only been able to play 1 turn of Tunisia. My FtF ASL opponent is quite dedicated to ASL so getting a game in has been difficult.

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Like Don, I also only have GD '40. Looks awesome! I've heard it was one of the better TCS games too...

hex

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My only comment so far is that is don't really care for the graphics on the map, nor the small size of the hexes. The counters are pretty good though.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don Maddox said:
My only comment so far is that is don't really care for the graphics on the map, nor the small size of the hexes. The counters are pretty good though.
I think the later games graphics improve

Tom DeFranco

Reaction score
Don Maddox said:
The only one I currently have is GD '40.
I own all of the TCS titles with the exception of the "Bloody 110th" and the only modern TCS game, "Force Eagles War".

The map graphics improve with "Hunters From the Sky" (released about one year after GD 40 and Matanikau), about the invasion of Crete. The counter graphics improved with "Black Wednesday" (about the Spanish Blue Division at Krasni Bor, near Leningrad) which came out a little short of two years after GD 40. Also, the quality of the counters as far as strength and ease of clipping improved with "Hunters". There have been a bunch of good to great titles in the TCS. The best ones to start playing the system with are "Semper Fi", about the Marines in Korea in 1950. (Alas, it doesn't have an Inchon scenario.) and "Hunters" (There is no orders writing in "Hunters".). Also, the upcoming (in about another month or two) "Bloody Ridge" probably does not have orders writing. Other recent titles have been "Screaming Eagles in Holland" about the 101 holding the Veghel bridges during Market-Garden and "Frozen Hell" about the Finns vs. the Russians in Tolvajarvi.

As far as the OCS, I have had limited experience with this system except to play a few turns of Guderian's Blitzkrieg 2 and Tunisia. Also, I helped facilitate a short scenario of DAK 2. Logistics is key in this system as much as orders writing is in the TCS, CWB, RSS or the NBS.

The hallmarks of any of these great series, including the SCS, is that they try to get the players to plan their game rather than just moving their pieces with perfect hindsight. I think that they are unique with how they accomplish this and that they create this friction better than any other company out there. I also am awaiting my copy of The Might Endeavor, but my playtest of South Mountain comes first.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My list is

Black Wednesday
Raging Storm
Screaming Eagles

Gazala
Mighty Endeavor
Stalingrad Pocket II

Tunsia

Not into OCS much, no local opponents for the TCS, and hope someday to find a PBEM match with the SCS.

The later games' maps are definitely better.

Keith

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Tom DeFranco said:
I own all of the TCS titles with the exception of the "Bloody 110th" and the only modern TCS game, "Force Eagles War".

Also, the upcoming (in about another month or two) "Bloody Ridge" probably does not have orders writing.

As far as the OCS, I have had limited experience with this system except to play a few turns of Guderian's Blitzkrieg 2 and Tunisia.

The hallmarks of any of these great series, including the SCS, is that they try to get the players to plan their game rather than just moving their pieces with perfect hindsight. I think that they are unique with how they accomplish this and that they create this friction better than any other company out there. I also am awaiting my copy of The Might Endeavor, but my playtest of South Mountain comes first.
I've snipped some of the above post .... I agree that the Gamers Series is one of the best. GBI was the game that got me started back in 1992 in buying all the OCS, TCS and some SCS. The only OCS I don't own is DAKII ... I am waiting for the next (I hope will be) OCS game . Case Blue. Has anyone heard what the next OCS release will be?

The next TCS will be Bloody Ridge and I do think the Ops Sheets will be required .. but since this is a one mapper with limited objectives these Ops O will be short and to the point. Great game for the TCS novice though!

The game still in playtest for TCS is GD42, a much bigger game with plenty of action .....

kwsrv

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I purchased a copy of DAK II and haven't had a chance to play it yet (hopefully someday soon). This was my first Gamers purchase. I also just placed an order for This Mighty Endevour. Looking forward to this one, since the rules are short and manageable. Does anyone know if MMP is going to release an ADC II module for this?

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
kwsrv said:
I purchased a copy of DAK II and haven't had a chance to play it yet (hopefully someday soon). This was my first Gamers purchase. I also just placed an order for This Mighty Endevour. Looking forward to this one, since the rules are short and manageable. Does anyone know if MMP is going to release an ADC II module for this?

I can't remember, but I think MMP said they would continue to support the ADC mods ... it takes a couple of months to get out I think after the game is released

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heck, I own loads of Gamers stuff, but mostly from '98 onwards. I've also gone backwards from there, especially in the CWBS series.
My playing time is down a bit from years past, but I have played A Fearful Slaughter enough to want to continue my trip down the scenario list (up to #4, IIRC). Op Michael got a bit of play as well (SCS). The SCS stuff is quicker to get into after a lapse than OCS, but I just have to get some of it played. I trid a bit of Burma, but can't help but feel I'm totally inadequate in terms of the mode/phase mix. Transpose that to an Ost Front banger... Perhaps I should just get off the schneid and do it..
TCS stuff I've played includes SEMPER FI!, Black Wednesday, GD '41 and Frozen Hell, all of which I'd recommend highly.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Paulinski said:
Anybody knows if/when next OCS game will be?
I miss the old days when Dean would fill us in on the following several games ...

But the last I heard was something about an Italian game.... an operation that I'm personally not interested in....

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CPRad said:
I miss the old days when Dean would fill us in on the following several games ...

But the last I heard was something about an Italian game.... an operation that I'm personally not interested in....
Larry,

I'm surprised to hear you say that. In OCS Italy there will most likely be the chance to use 1 Cdn Div and even up to 1 Cdn Corps.

Having just read Ortona and Liri Valley by Mark Zuehlke I have a keen interest in the Canadians in Italy.

Paulinski, I have heard of an OCS game to be called ``Beyond the Rhine`` which will cover the NW Europe Campaign, IIRC. You should head on over to the OCS folder at consimworld for more info. Dean usually answers any questions quickly there.

Here is the link:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@66.PP0gaGpu3Wm.15@.ee6b471

Denis

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Birdgunner said:
Larry,

I'm surprised to hear you say that. In OCS Italy there will most likely be the chance to use 1 Cdn Div and even up to 1 Cdn Corps.

Having just read Ortona and Liri Valley by Mark Zuehlke I have a keen interest in the Canadians in Italy.

Paulinski, I have heard of an OCS game to be called ``Beyond the Rhine`` which will cover the NW Europe Campaign, IIRC. You should head on over to the OCS folder at consimworld for more info. Dean usually answers any questions quickly there.

Here is the link:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@66.PP0gaGpu3Wm.15@.ee6b471

Denis
Hey Denis

Yup you're right ... Beyond the Rhine I think is the next OCS. And yes you're right about my keen interest in Canadians at War, but I've got Sicily and have tried other Italian campaign games bit of a bore...... but if TCS were to put some more action there (ARS) or ASL with a HASL about Ortona I'll be there to buy it.

Hey next month buddy, are you still tentatively heading down my way? ....

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CPRad said:
Hey Denis

Hey next month buddy, are you still tentatively heading down my way? ....
Yes, however I still don't have details and cannot guarantee if I will have enough free time to play.

I am crossing my fingers that I get a day or two of free time to get a game in. ASL and/or Gamers.

Hope for the best expect the worst, you know?

I'll e-mail you later with the details as I get them.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Birdgunner said:
Yes, however I still don't have details and cannot guarantee if I will have enough free time to play.

I am crossing my fingers that I get a day or two of free time to get a game in. ASL and/or Gamers.

Hope for the best expect the worst, you know?

I'll e-mail you later with the details as I get them.
Hey Gamers and/or ASL ... you bet we'll work out the details later .. yup keeping the fingers crossed

Roger that