Votes: 120 44.8%
  • ASL Starter Kit #1

Votes: 185 69.0%

• Total voters

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have it all except for "For King and Country" which I don't need as I have SL to GI and WoA.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
da priest said:
Hummm..? Least available for DB..not many copies printed.:shock:
Yeah, I thought about that too when I set up the poll Ron. You may be correct on that score, yet I suspect that many of the people who voted here can get most any product they want with a little effort.

griffitz62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a new player I can tell you that it can be rather dificult to find some of these items. I think I've been lucky since I have ASLRB2 and BV2 along with most of the other modules. I don't have CoB, GH of CdG. I would really like to find WoA at a reasonable price since I like the desert setting a lot. My local store has a brand new copy of DB for about $40, I guess I should pick that up since it seems pretty hard to find. They also have two copies of KG1 for about the same price, so maybe I'll start to get some of the historical modules while I can.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Aries said:
Don, this was an alright poll, how about setting one up for the non core products as well now.
You're an evil man Aries! :freak:

Okay, so which TPP should go on the poll? We're limited to 18.

da priest

Reaction score
Don Maddox said:

Think the evil one was speaking of AH/MMP non-core. You know HH, SoF, KGP I and II, etc.:devil:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Theres alot of stuff out there, but if you did a poll on TPP stuff, I'd recommend stuff thats been released in the last four years IE

Finnland at War
Onslaught to Orsha
Beyond the Beah Head
Broccli hills
Hero pax 1 and 2
Sherepunks 8 and 10
Dispatch's from the bunker

I'm sure I missed something, but thats the gist of it.

Scott

Don Maddox said:

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
griffitz62 said:
As a new player I can tell you that it can be rather dificult to find some of these items. I think I've been lucky since I have ASLRB2 and BV2 along with most of the other modules. I don't have CoB, GH of CdG. I would really like to find WoA at a reasonable price since I like the desert setting a lot. My local store has a brand new copy of DB for about $40, I guess I should pick that up since it seems pretty hard to find. They also have two copies of KG1 for about the same price, so maybe I'll start to get some of the historical modules while I can.
Grab those items and sell them immediately on eBay... you can sell probably DB and one KGP1 for enough to cover your pre-order of the ASLRBv2, BVv3, and AoO... and still have the other KGP1 to play yourself :D

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
interesting that Yanks and Paratrooper are the most widely owned. Is it that BV is unavailable right now and there are plenty o' newer players responding?

I, too, would like to see the HASL modules listed. And, yeah, even the TPP.

The only things I'm missing are J4&5 (and ASLRBv.2) from AH/MMP; have many CH and HoB items as well. Oh, and ToT was great!

Alan

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
pryoung said:
Is there anyway to change how the percentages are calculated? For this poll, each should indicate what percentage of respondents have that module, rather than the percentage that module represents of the total number of modules. Cool to look at, though.

Pete
As of 4:10 pm on Oct 4 (with 73 responses):

ASL Rulebook v1 79.5%
ASL Rulebook v2 71.2%
Beyond Valor 95.9%
Yanks 97.3%
West of Alamein 84.9%
Hollow Legions 91.8%
Code of Bushido 91.8%
Partisan! 93.2%
Gung Ho! 89.0%
Paratrooper 97.3%
The Last Hurrah 90.4%
Croix de Guerre 90.4%
Doomed Battalions 79.5%
For King and Country 41.1%
ASL Starter Kit #1 68.5%

- Rick

Last edited:

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm surprised that the Doomed Battalions percentage is higher than either the V1 or V2 rulebooks. Also somewhat surprised at how low FKAC is.

As for me, I've got all but V1 of the rulebook. Gave it away to a newer newbie than me.

da priest

Reaction score
Johnny Canuck said:
..somewhat surprised at how low FKAC is....
Shouldn't be, bunch of us old fa*ts didn't need it. I just bought the Chap H updates and the "new" scenarios.:bandit:

The v1 and v2 of the ASLRB is probably similar, lot of the grogs have said they didn't buy v2. Bunch that did gave their old copy of v1 away to newbies and friends to try and lure them in.

R.S. Barker

0-52 baby!
Reaction score
*sniff*..JUST got my ASL rules today, so sadly I can't check anything on your poll.

I'm off to try and track down a used copy of BV ...sans Ebay.

Cheers,

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have the following:

ASL Starter Kit #1
ASL Rule Book 1st ed.
Paratrooper
Yanks
Partisan
For King and Country
The Last Harrah
Hollow Legions
Gung Ho
Croix de Guerre

I have ASLRB2, BV3 and AoO on order. So, I really need CoB to play the PTO scenarios. Anyone know where I can pick a copy for a reasonable price?

Chris

mkirschenbaum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ChrisBuehler said:
So, I really need CoB to play the PTO scenarios. Anyone know where I can pick a copy for a reasonable price?
They come up occassionally in the ConsimWorld Marketplace, but you gotta be lucky (and quick) as they're often sold in a matter of minutes. That's where I got mine, plus a copy of the 97 Annual, all for $80. :smoke:

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scaling of the Graphs

Scaling is pretty poor. :mad:

I would assume that the software would take the maximum value for the domain and then assign that value for the x-axis and then scale all other repsonses to that. With all of the data scrunched into a little bar on the left, there is no visual differentiation between the bars (which eliminates the usefullness of the graph - I just look at the raw numbers )

Is this a configuration issue ?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Got all excepted FKaC (as I already have WoA)...
I believe veterans have mostly answered this poll.

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would love to be able to buy more. I am a newbie with only the ASLSK#1. I can't really move on forward until the rule book and BV are for sale which seems to be a secret and possibly months away. I am a bit tickedd off as I really got interested with the SK. The only way I have right now is through VASL but then again, it would be hard to learn about everything else other then infantry.

Anyway, once the ASLRB and BV come out, I will buy them and proceed buying the rest as I go through the scenarios.

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Josh

You are fortunately located in a "hotbed" of ASL in Winnipeg. There is a fairly large contingent of ASL players in Winnipeg and a couple of regular tournaments.

Check the CASLA page for players in your area. One of them will likely have some spare stuff to get you started. If they don't have any spare gear I'm sure they'd be willing to teach you the game. You can also contact Sam Belcher who has a service to hook up new players with old rule books. Search this site for the thread.

You can also buy Paratrooper instead of BV. That was the original "starter kit". There are some damn fine scenarios in there.

Adrian

edit: CASLA link http://members.shaw.ca/casla/
Check the membership pages.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
JGilbert said:
I can't really move on forward until the rule book and BV are for sale which seems to be a secret and possibly months away. I am a bit tickedd off as I really got interested with the SK.
You know, ooold ones like me had to wait quite a long time for the RB and BV, when we were stuck with the SL-COI-COD-GI mix...
And we suffered all the way, eagerly waiting for every new module to come out - and Av Hill was always late (those who complain about MMP should remember!)...
I believe waiting a little is part of ASL's world... :cheeky: