chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't ever see a copy of "For King and Country" locally, and
didn't get one from MMP, so I'm hoping it sees a re-print at
some point.
I just don't wanna fork out the huge $$$ for a copy on eBay.
co

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oops... Take away a vote for FKaC. As I have everything else on the list, I just went down checking them all, and by the time I hit FKaC my eyes were glazing over so bad I just checked it too. :shrug:

Edit: Oops oops! Take one away for Starter Kit 1, too. My mind must have been glazing over too, because I mentally "read" it as Action Pack 1... twice!

John

Last edited:

OFR Gunny

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All modules (except KaC)

All Action Packs.

All Deluxe.

All historical.(except KG Pieper I or II)

Most annuals.

5 HOB modules.

Anything free on the Web.

OFR Gunny

out

Keith Todd

Reaction score
200% of the official stuff
100% of the HoB stuff
100% of the Bounding Fire stuff
80% of the Schwer stuff
40% of the CH stuff

Keith

Last edited:

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
ASLRB v2
Beyond Valor 2 (w/Red Barricades)
Yanks
Hollow Legions
The Last Hurrah
Croix de Guerre
Armies of Oblivion
AP3, AP4
Valor of the Guards

I'd have a pre-order in for DB but I'm short on cash right now. The only module I have left to pick up that I want right now is FKaC or WoA (prefer WoA for the desert stuff - it's like buy-one-get-one-free). Again, though, short on cash.

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all on the list but the last two. I own Pegasus Bridge, and RB for Historical modules. [snip]

I am also having doubts about buying a Finn module even though it is considered a "core" module. I don't play Finn scenarios much, if at all. We'll see..... :(
Roy,
But you would not turn it down as a Christmas, New Year's, Valentines Day, birthday, Veterans Day, 4th of July, Bastille Day, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Victory over the University of Oklahoma day or and etc gift..... would you?:):D:laugh::laugh:

Best regards,:salute:
John

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Roy,
But you would not turn it down as a Christmas, New Year's, Valentines Day, birthday, Veterans Day, 4th of July, Bastille Day, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Victory over the University of Oklahoma day or and etc gift..... would you?:):D:laugh::laugh:

Best regards,:salute:
John
Now who has a lass that would give ASL for Valentines??? Suddenly I am in Love:D

I just get Action Packs from my Mother-in-Law. Come to think of it I'm kinda glad I don't get the AP's from her for Valentines Day!!!

Ian

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi All,

My ASL collection currently has only one core module (BV3). I have owned all modules up to CDG in the past (and have played all the scenarios, most many times). So I'll get the core modules as they recieve their face-lifts. Sooner is better (albeit unlikely), but no great hurry for me.

John.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi All,

My ASL collection currently has only one core module (BV3). I have owned all modules up to CDG in the past (and have played all the scenarios, most many times). So I'll get the core modules as they recieve their face-lifts. Sooner is better (albeit unlikely), but no great hurry for me.

John.
Man that must hurt, buying them once is bad enough (though I have bought about 6 mods twice!!)
My biggest fear is having them nicked or burnt in a fire.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, no sleep to night now!!!!!:nuts:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have everything official except SASL 2 and the Tarawa guide. Oh and my Board 52 is a copy, waiting for the Finnish Module for the real one.

Edit. I didn't realise that this was such an old thread. I wonder of the kid did by Paratrooper and whether he stayed in the hobby?

Last edited:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All but FKAK. Don't seem to be in the minority on this one either. For some reason it just didn't demand that I purchase it when most of the stuff I wanted/use was included in WoA. Maybe someday if I have some spare coinage sitting around gathering dust I may look for a copy. Does having two copies of CoB make up for it?

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
All but FKAK. Don't seem to be in the minority on this one either. For some reason it just didn't demand that I purchase it when most of the stuff I wanted/use was included in WoA. Maybe someday if I have some spare coinage sitting around gathering dust I may look for a copy. Does having two copies of CoB make up for it?
I am sure one day you can swop that spare copy of CoB for a FKaC and get some spare coinage to gather dust as well!!!!!

Years ago I got RB1, BV Yanks, WoA and CoB for £20-25, can't remember exact but was fairly happy :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Up to that point just could not see why I should put away my SL stuff and never play it again to start that new thang. I'd still be waiting I guess!!!!!
Mind you that small investment has cost me a packet ever since!!!:D:D

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
everything including board 52,british AFV cards,operations special edition, etc. with duplicates for all, including lots of TPP

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all the core modules and have two copies of some them. I have almost all other AH/MMP stuff except for some of the Annuals, Journal 2 (on pre-order for reprint) and SASL 2. I have a lot of 3rd party stuff,probably 90-95% of it.

Ed Caswell

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
I also have all the Historical modules/studies, the DASL modules, all Starter Kits, all Journals, all Annuals, and SASL. I've probably forgotten something too.

Ed

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now who has a lass that would give ASL for Valentines??? Suddenly I am in Love:D
Ian
I got the Guadalcanal HS as an Xmas gift from my then-girlfriend. Mind you, I had to show her how to order it via my own computer, so it didn't come as a surprise on Xmas day. And I swear I didn't have a gun to her head or anything, Officer. :)

It's kinda weird. I've been playing wargames for 30 years. Everybody who knows me knows this. Yet in all that time I've got exactly 2 wargames as Xmas/birthday gifts, including the 1 mentioned above. Do you suspect my nearest and dearest don't approve of my hobby?

Beats me. I also have a library of well over 1,000 books, so I'm obviously into books, but I rarely get a book as a gift, either. I suspect that my nearest and dearest are essentially clueless. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This thread makes me nostalgic for a couple of reasons...it started in 2004 and I'm temporarily "separated" from the bulk of my ASL collection. All I've got these days are Starter Kits 1-3. They'll have to do for now. I'm not ashamed to admit, though maybe I should be, that I sometimes like to take my modules out and fondle them. Or play with my dice tower. As to future purchases, I am determined to buy HP to get the last mounted board, but I can't see myself climbing aboard the Action Pack Express.

Note to MMP: Stamp "Starter Kit" on anything and I'll buy it.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I got the Guadalcanal HS as an Xmas gift from my then-girlfriend. Mind you, I had to show her how to order it via my own computer, so it didn't come as a surprise on Xmas day. And I swear I didn't have a gun to her head or anything, Officer. :)

It's kinda weird. I've been playing wargames for 30 years. Everybody who knows me knows this. Yet in all that time I've got exactly 2 wargames as Xmas/birthday gifts, including the 1 mentioned above. Do you suspect my nearest and dearest don't approve of my hobby?

Beats me. I also have a library of well over 1,000 books, so I'm obviously into books, but I rarely get a book as a gift, either. I suspect that my nearest and dearest are essentially clueless. :rolleyes:
I think it means they actually respect your hobbies.

I had an uncle that was seriously into golf. He used to comment (not complain, just mention) that people would buy him gifts at Christmas or his birthday like cute little club covers or golf tees, but they were always completely useless to him, because he was a serious golfer and always had everything he needed, and the gifts were always basically novelty items that got thrown in the garbage within a week or two.

If you have a library of 1,000 books on the Second World War, and you have a deep interest in the conflict, and I buy you what turns out to be some fluff piece by a lightweight author - one of those bargain bin books at the front of Chapters - is it really going to be much of an addition to the library?

Sure, it's the thought that counts, but unless someone else is really into your hobby, too, AND has access to your library (or just asks you what you want - no surprises) they can't possibly know what to get you.

Same with ASL. I'd rather buy my own hobby stuff, frankly, and be surprised at gift time with other stuff. (Actually, that's why I like the Secret Santa here, because we can get surprised by guys with access to our libraries via the Scenario Archive, and who know the hobby.)

Last edited:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I supply my wife, mom, and kids with a list, complete with pictures, of items I want. Then they get a couple of items off the list, but not everything on the list. That way I'm suprised on Christmas morning, but not by another sweatshirt.