Where's this going?

Reaction score
First name
Bunny
Country
llCanada
I disagree. Making 3 boxes out of SK1 through SK3 is the best approach.

This exactly makes the game very accessible, because a single SK is not expensive and the rules are in length not exceeding a euro-game of medium complexity. So the key factors for success are united:

a) inexpensive
b) overseeable rules
c) preparation for ASL

If you would bundle SK1 to SK3, the price would exceed that of a euro-game as well as would the complexity of the rules, which defeats the very purpose of accessability.

von Marwitz
I've yet to meet a wargamer that balked at anything under 200 bucks. Wargamer are not Eurogamers. I've never seen cheap Eurogames either.

Zakopious

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today, 12/17/23, DaE sold for only $76 on eBay.
The only thing that I could see is that it was punched and some of the info counters had been clipped with a nail clipper.
The winner had over 2,000 transactions, so I assume that the winner is a dealer.
Strange that no snipers tried to get it at the last minute.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Nice to meet you.

I am in my 70s and on SSI fixed Income. $200 dollars is a months food now. Cannot eat cardboard.
That's not what they said at Stalingrad. -- jim

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've got a great idea! I'll fire up the Wayback machine and have a look at the scenarios from the dawn of ASL. Maybe there are some I could play Starter Kit style. "Fighting Withdrawal" might work, and it's reasonably balanced. Who needs Snipers, Blazes, and Ammunition Shortage?