Where would you like to see this series go?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
What other battles would you like to see John Tiller and HPS add to this series?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I would love to see Leipzig done but that would probably be a single battle. If they can figure out some way to tie the Spanish campaign together then I would be happy.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Napoleon series:
French Spanish Affair
Jena
Austerlitz

Other series:
Crimean War

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'd like to see it go back further to Horse and Musket days - Freddy the Great, Marienburg etc etc.

Reiryc

Reaction score
I'd like to see them develop a 'first blitzkrieg' type napoleonic game that would include a good naval combat routine.

Tomlinm

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I was thinking that Italy might be a good next bet. There is the obvious first campaign, but also scope for lots of other stuff over later years of the Napoleonic period.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reiryc said:
I'd like to see them develop a 'first blitzkrieg' type napoleonic game that would include a good naval combat routine.
I'm not familiar with "first blitzkrieg". Can you describe what that would be like?

Reaction score
I'm the oddball, but I'd like to see the series move into the Wars of the French Revolution, not just Nappies Italian battles, but also the various Rhine Campaigns with Charles and Suvorov and Jourdan and Moreau.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I have all sorts of ideas, and should have opportunities to see where things are going within the course of the next year.

I would like to see an enhanced engine with a lot more details (like artilelry capturing & recrewing, artilelry ammo handling - not a central pool) but also a new appraoch to the games as a whole. A/I seems to be the biggest single complaint I see on the various forums, so that will be a topic of consideration as well.

The big question will be, how can we make a next generation of games that pleases the gaming community but also allows us to eat. :confused:

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I would also like to see a game dealing with the Peninsula Wars (not just Spain but the 3 invasions of Portugal and related battles) and the Italian campaign. I think you can make some pretty interesting "what if" scenarios , besides the historical material, to pealse the fans of the game ans buy some loafs of bread... :)

Reiryc

Reaction score
I'm very excited for this title to be coming out:

http://west-civ.com/

I'd like to see hps/tiller try to move in this direction, but of course with a focus more on the tactical battle as opposed to production/diplomacy.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
rahamy said:
Personally I have all sorts of ideas, and should have opportunities to see where things are going within the course of the next year.

I would like to see an enhanced engine with a lot more details (like artilelry capturing & recrewing, artilelry ammo handling - not a central pool) but also a new appraoch to the games as a whole. A/I seems to be the biggest single complaint I see on the various forums, so that will be a topic of consideration as well.

The big question will be, how can we make a next generation of games that pleases the gaming community but also allows us to eat. :confused:
Oh yes, capturing guns would be good for sure!!

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reiryc said:
I'm very excited for this title to be coming out:

http://west-civ.com/

I'd like to see hps/tiller try to move in this direction, but of course with a focus more on the tactical battle as opposed to production/diplomacy.
That does look interesting. I used to have a board game that simulated the 1814 campaign in France. I'd like to see that done but with an operational component where the units are moved at perhaps the division level. When contact is made, the game could switch into a tactical view to fight that battle. Now that would be a game with a true campaign mode!