Where will you be Monday Morning?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We'll be starting our morning here, followed by returning here for the Parade, the Remembrance ceremonies, and the ringing of the town square Fallen Warriors bell here.

Whether its :
Army
Navy
Air Force
Marine Corps
Coast Guard

or a First Responder to Acts of Terrorism

or one of the four-legged companions, who gave their lives in service of their human companions;

Thank you for the service - from one veteran to another. Because our flag does not fly from the random gusts of wind that lift it from time to time. It flies from the dying breath of each and every one who has fallen in the service of their Country, protecting the freedoms which it stands for.

Semper Fi.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boy, what a blast from the past with the "Army" tribute. This was from my task force (They were a Cav Troop attached to my Inf Bn) at FOB O'Ryan and remember the guys from "Knife" troop especially as we had only a few days to go and were getting ready for the right seat/left seat train-up & handoff to begin the following day. It had hit Cpt Shannon especially hard as we (and Knife Troop) had lost two other Guardsmen (TNARNG) only a couple of weeks previously. An interesting note: Prior to joining the TNARNG and getting his commission Cpt Shannon had been a crew chief in the Mog. and had been the last man to talk to Gordon & Shukart (SP?) before they disembarked to secure a crash site. Recognize everyone of those guys in the picture & a couple of us would reunite a year later in Iraq as well.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To the OP...

I'll be at Sunset Memorial Cemetery at 1100 hrs., same as every year for the annual Memorial Day service.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Will be sleeping off a 4 day duty Platoon (12hrs on 12hrs off), then up shower, shave and pick up my little girl from school, get some food down inside me then do a few turns of D4 'wheel of hurt', After that will pop into camp and see what is going on in preparation for all day Tuesday on the firing range turning Tax payers money into empty brass cases.

We do things a little different this side of the 'pond'.