Where To Print Maps (PDF)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know where to go for map printing? I am looking to get the PDF version's of the ASL maps on Wargame Vault (Kazaku Rudge, Suicide Creek, Primosole Bridge, Nhpum Ga) done. Thank You!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Do the same , usually enough copies of each to cut out the scenario areas of every scenario , the plus side is the maps have no folds. Also for a while I had the maps enlarged to deluxe scale and used the normal size for LOS check , not having to move stacks etc to do the checks .

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Do the same , usually enough copies of each to cut out the scenario areas of every scenario , the plus side is the maps have no folds. Also for a while I had the maps enlarged to deluxe scale and used the normal size for LOS check , not having to move stacks etc to do the checks .
This is just me. I prefer to play on the smaller maps but I am happy to play on the larger maps if you wish. My only stipulation is we aren't going to go back to the original maps for LOS or bypass. We play the map in front of us. If it can be bypassed on the enlarged map, so be it. Same goes for LOS. Why go to all the trouble to enlarge them and then limit yourself to the original scale?

Maybe I am becoming a curmudgeon. -- jim

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
used to go to Kinko's to get them done. Had one oversize HASL map section done at Office Depot - they did a good job. Took a bit though.

I now prefer the local print shop here - they do quality work at more than fair prices, in a super timely manner, and money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with finished print.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is just me. I prefer to play on the smaller maps but I am happy to play on the larger maps if you wish. My only stipulation is we aren't going to go back to the original maps for LOS or bypass. We play the map in front of us. If it can be bypassed on the enlarged map, so be it. Same goes for LOS. Why go to all the trouble to enlarge them and then limit yourself to the original scale?

Maybe I am becoming a curmudgeon. -- jim
I typically run the same way even on VASL. If we're not playing for sheep stations, then we're not going to pull out two different copies of an ASL map to triple check LOS or spacing We play the map on the table, or in this case, on VASL - as it lays.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FedEx Office does a fantastic job, IF you can get the right person doing them. Used one of their shops to print out the newest playtest version of the Manila maps about two years ago. The woman behind the counter obviously did not listen when I told her the images were not all the same size (now they are) and so some would need to be enlarged or reduced slightly so everything lined up. When the print outs came back, none of the hexgrids on any of the mapsheets lined up....wasted $120. Went to another FedEx Office upon a friend's recommendation. Spoke to a woman who "knew her stuff". She pulled out a calculator and pen and paper. Worked out the percentages of enlarging/reducing for each of the six map sheets. When the final printouts came back they were perfect. She even made copies of the altered images for me at no cost and stored them on my flash drive so I would have them. Could not have been happier. Have gone back to have her do all my map printouts now....never an issue.