Where can I buy Panzer Grenadier in the UK?

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all, I am an avid ASL player, but want to spread out a bit, so my Q is this, where is good to buy Panzer grenadier in the UK I.E where has all/most of the modules in stock on a regular basis including the core modules.

Cheers

Perry

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Looks like Second Chance Games does have a lot in stock.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like Second Chance Games does have a lot in stock.
yep,

am still toying if i should invest, I can get hold of the core module for £15 from USA + another £15 shipping, still unsure, have had/heard mixed reports.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I don't think that there is a 'core' module in Panzergrenadier.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I'm not into PG, so no expert on this, but most games are stand alone imo. Some modules might 'support' each other, and there are the scenario books that expand some of the modules.

What game module did you see? Maybe I can help and explain what its contents is.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm not into PG, so no expert on this, but most games are stand alone imo. Some modules might 'support' each other, and there are the scenario books that expand some of the modules.

What game module did you see? Maybe I can help and explain what its contents is.
This one, I thought it was what us ASL'ers would call 'The' Core module, akin to Beyond valor.

View attachment 50858

Perry

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
does this mean that they are all stand alone Hansk?
They all pretty much stand alone except for the books and scenario packs. PG is not like ASL in that you buy a progression of modules to build the whole series. PG games are generally stand alone and come complete, especially the newer ones. Some, now and then relay on having other modules for maps and such but there are usually a ton of scenarios in a PG box it doesn't matter. I would caution against getting the Panzergrenadier module as it is very old and the boards are no longer used. It was replaced, in a way by Eastern Front and Roads to Moscow... which soon will be revamped. I would recommend getting one of the newest modules as the newest maps are very nice and you get the 4th Edition Rules which are very good and tight.

There is an excellent website, that lists all the modules and has a great forum: http://pg-hq.com/

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Gents,

Am still in two minds if I want to divert ASL funds towards this, I was looking at PanzerBlitz and getting some of the Guggi Counter sheets or PzGr, now i am not sure, I have invested a lot into my ASL in the last year (over £2000) and am really finding it hard to justify getting a whole new system. this me thinks needs more brain storming and contemplation.

View attachment 50861

Perry

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I think that APL has a 'free' PG intro game up right now. Iirc you only pay shipping and get real counters and stuff.

Visit the APL website for the details.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think that APL has a 'free' PG intro game up right now. Iirc you only pay shipping and get real counters and stuff.

Visit the APL website for the details.
Yep, did that but I am buggered if I am gonna pay that much for shipping.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Their website is offering a free game right now. No joke! I don't know anything about international shipping.

The gamette is actually a map and scenario from "Burning Tigers," which is their North Flank of Kursk. It's actually one of the best games in the series, and a perfect place to start. Eastern Front isn't a terrible place to begin, but the scenarios in both Kursk games are almost all great. A lot of PG scenarios aren't balanced and are made to cover the gaps between the more important battles being simulated.

If you want to see what is needed to play what - and it is very messy in some places - then check out www.pg-hq.com

My own recommendation - get a Kursk game, either one. Korea: Pusan Perimeter is also a good choice. Worst case scenario is that you don't like the system that much, but you have a good generic game about combined arms war in the open.

Last edited: