Where Eagles Dare

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To Doc's jubilance while the harddrive on our old computer was sitting on the toilet we rented some movies:

1. The Bunker- An excellent British flick about some German soldiers in WWII (Wierd Wars stuff here) that get on each other's nerves. I thought it was excellent.

2. Starship Troopers II (ask dad bout this one)- Just as good as the 1st one but without big battles :). Another "Aliens/The Thing" type movie with distrust and dark corridors.

3. Eddie Murphy: Delirious: YOU HAVENT SEEN EDDIE MURPHY UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN THIS. BETTER THAN RAW!

4. Where Eagles Dare. LOVED IT! Was confused for a second and then I got what was going on and Clint killed a bunch of Germans.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Have Where Eagles Dare at home. Yeap for a while, you're not sure if Richard Burton is really a German spy or not. :crazy:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So you finally joined the Eagles club! Welcome aboard!! Great film isn't it?!

Just one question though - why did your Hard Drive need to go to the toilet?

You thought Starship Troopers II was OK? Hmmmm...might have to rethink my decision not to watch it then - I had severe misgivings.

Dr. S.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Starship Troopers II? Was that a straight-to-video release? What is the film plot (without giving out too many spoilers for folks who care to see it)?

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
Where Eagles Dare is great. The relationship between Burton's and Eastwood's characters is very good.

I watched Kelly's Heroes the other night - another great movie.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by michammer
Where Eagles Dare is great. The relationship between Burton's and Eastwood's characters is very good.

I watched Kelly's Heroes the other night - another great movie.
Sure is! :thumb:

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Patrocles
Starship Troopers II? Was that a straight-to-video release? What is the film plot (without giving out too many spoilers for folks who care to see it)?
Basically it is 5 years into the war and the humans and 'nids are still fighting it out. Well on some planets they are kicking butt on others they aren't. This is one of the aren't planets where they are mostly forgotten. (Phil Tippet was aiming for it like Korea, being the forgotten war in much more glorius ones). Well there is a new type of bug that takes people over and you get an Aliens/The Thing type thing with paranoia and fear running rampant. It just as good as the first one.

The Bunker was excellent, you see it Doc?

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
So you finally joined the Eagles club! Welcome aboard!! Great film isn't it?!

Just one question though - why did your Hard Drive need to go to the toilet?

You thought Starship Troopers II was OK? Hmmmm...might have to rethink my decision not to watch it then - I had severe misgivings.

Dr. S.
HD fried, lost all data.

When I say a movie is ok I mean ok. You either like it or don't. I thought it was ok.