Where does a guy find a game around here?

Reaction score
:salute: Good Morning Gents,

It's been a while since I've seen any action, therefore I feel its time I knock the cob webs off this tattered war machine to see if it still works...

I'm looking for small to medium size games, AD or ME is fine. CMAK only please.

I prefer to be the heavy favorite with a preferable 4 to 1 advantage over my opponents :horse: . I specially enjoy Heavy Armored units against weakened conscript troops, which really adds to the effect :scream: . Secondly, I like to be dug in trenches with several MG-42's while my opponent has to advance 600yards in the open with no cover, smoke, or hills to conceal them :eek:. These are just a few suggestions. :stirthepot:

Well, if I can't get my preferred wishes, then I guess I'll see what you guys can come up with... ;)

Shoot me some offers gentlemen...

Regards, :salute:
Mt. Carmel Hill

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hee hee.

Hi MCH, nice to see you again. I would welcome a game with you (we were last playing when I retired from CM...that was the 3rd for 4th time, I forget :( )

However, I don't have AK installed atm, and I mostly prefer BB to begin with. What do you say to a game of BB? If not, I will have to get my copy of AK from a friend I let borrow. Not sure when that will happen :angry:

Let me know, ser.

Best,
Craig

Reaction score
Hi Craig, :salute:

What a pleasant surpirse... Are you still teetering on the verge of retirement :(? You just can't get enough of CM can you:cool:? CMAK/CMBB are a lot like White Castle Hamburgers, it's "What you crave!" :supper:, without the well you know "Side affects":toilet:

I'd love a game with you. I'll try some CMBB, but please don't expect the level of competition from me in CMBB (ER Chaser understands) as I would if it were CMAK. I'm very weak at CMBB, I'm unfamiliar with the troops/equipment. I've just always been partial to CMAK and haven't taken the proper time to familiarize myself with CMBB like I should:paperbag:. I'm not one of those CM "Bilingual" type commanders like Nemesis Lead... I'm pretty one dimensional. You know Nemesis Lead is "The best I ever saw" :hail:!

How do you feel about advancing across 700yrds of open terrain with no cover? :halo: This may help even the odds a bit...:laugh:

Shoot me an offer my friend and I'll pick the side. Let's try to make it a ME game of that's ok...

Oh before I forget. Can you get me some front row tickets to the Taktik/Nemesis Lead match-up? :popc1: Does anyone know if this is going to be on Cable, or Pay per-view?:bigfire:

I'm looking forward to it!

Regards,:salute:
Scott

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Scott,

Yes, I must have retired a few times the last several years. I take breaks from gaming or immerse myself in other games, but CM always is in the back of the mind. No game comes close to CM for longevity of gaming enjoyment. Despite the Battlefront bashing lately, they have provided me with a tremendous game that truly went beyond just a game when you consider the interesting clubs and communities that grew around it. I seem to appreciate it a little differently, too, with the talk that there will never be another like it. Therefore, back out of retirement :D

So, then. I just finished the setup for the game with Jay. I am ready to begin contemplating a new venture.

You are kind to accept a game of BB. I've only started picking up a few games the last month or so after a long layoff, so my chops are near as rusty as yours. I promise an AK match in return soon as I get my disc back.

An ME sounds wonderful. I've found sept-oct in either 1942 or 1944 are decent periods where armor for both sides match up fairly evenly.

Let me know what you think. My email is vonwike1@comcast.net Whats yours? I recenly lost a ton of archived email, so I don't think I have yours anymore :cry:

Reaction score
Hi Craig, :salute:

Its beginning to sound like the CM games are going to be classics! I have noticed that they don't come cheap anymore on eBay. You're still going to pay in the neighborhood of $25 after shipping. I recall a few yrs ago I got my CMAK (New in Box) for like $20 total:hurray:. I'm not able to find that kind of deal anymore.

Again based upon my lack of knowledge I'll take your word for it regarding the timeframes; "uhhh sure mister, I'll get in your car for a piece of candy :eek:". I really hope I don't regret this.:OHNO:.

Oh well... Ponder something up and shoot it over... I'll check it out an pick a side.

Regards,

Scott :salute:

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok Mr. Scott, how does sept 1942 sound, 1500 or 2000 points, fight over the ubiquitous village, moderate trees, small hills or moderate hills, unrestricted quality and all that stuff. I prefer armor or unrestricted for force-mix, but will go combined arms or anything else, no worries there. No planes and no night. And no Tigers for krauts if they are available, not sure if they are or not.

Thats about it. Thoughts? What is your email btw?

Reaction score
Hi Craig,:salute:

My quick responses to your email today indicates my lite workload!!!:hurray:

Yeah I'm pretty fond of doing the unrestricted set up myself. I like what you threw together.. Let's do it! Can I get extra cheese on that too?:supper:

I do have one minor request; can we play this one "unrated" since I'm less than desirable at CMBB?

my email addresses are:

scott@makingmoneymakesense.net

just_deal_2000@yahoo.com

The first one i check more often.

Regards,

Scott:salute:

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Scott,

I am pretty much snowed in at the moment, so just sitting here reading and checking for turns and such.

Unrated, you betcha, no worries.

I like one of your email addys. Maybe you can knock some sense into me so I can make some nice cash, too :D

I will send something shortly once I fetch the wife more coffee.

Best,
Craig

Reaction score
Hi Craig,:salute:

Sounds good to me... I'll be available until around 4:30 my time, then I'm wrapped up for the evening. I'm finalizing a new office rentovation for my business. We're trying to moving by Jan 1st...

Fun Fun Fun :rolleyes:

Sometimes the email address I sent you (scott@makingmoneymakesense.net) gets thrown into people junk files for some reason :hmmm:. So keep your eyes peeled.

Regards,:salute:
Scott