Where are the WWI FPS's?!

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Where are all of the WWI first person shooters? I think it could be a good selling game if it was as good of quality as Call of Duty or something along those lines. Who else feels that there should be some WWI first person shooters?

Skoal!
:toast:

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Closest thing is Iron Storm (or something like that) but it is WWI Sci-fi the war is still going on in the 60's. I don't know if it is a good game though.

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
It was a pretty good game. (PCG Rating 71%). More of a download-the-demo-don't-buy-the-game type of dealies.

Skoal!

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by nreese21
Where are all of the WWI first person shooters? I think it could be a good selling game if it was as good of quality as Call of Duty or something along those lines. Who else feels that there should be some WWI first person shooters?

You can find Battlefield 1918 (a battlefield 1942 mod) here:
http://www.battlefield1918.de/news/

this mod is getting good reviews from players!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by Brad Ritter
I played thru Iron Storm and thought it was fun, it's a decent shooter.
Do you get poison gas attacks and stuff like that? Just wondering if you have to fight with a restricted view sometimes, like you are wearing a gasmask.

Dr. S.

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I may get it for 10 bucks. Its kind of a couple-day-play kind of games if you end up getting it.

Skoal!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a game for the PC called The Great War 1914-1918 by SSI which wasn't too bad for it's time, although it was a RTS game. It is probably available for download somewhere. The only other one I know of is Battlefield1918 which is greatly disappointing to me.

Brad Ritter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
Do you get poison gas attacks and stuff like that? Just wondering if you have to fight with a restricted view sometimes, like you are wearing a gasmask.

Dr. S.
There is gas canisters, I don't remember using a gas mask , but its been some time since I played Iron Storm. I'm playing Farcry now and you have to get past some leaky gas canisters in one level that can ruin your day. I have to say, Farcry is the best shooter I've ever played. Very long game with lots of variety and in most of the levels there is multiple paths and ways to accomplish your objectives. I'm still playing it and am considering playing it again, which is something I never do.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
WWI has never been overly popular with wargamers in any form and that doesn't look like ti's about to change. There are just so many problems with properly doing a WWI game that many developers shy away from it. There also isn't nearly as much interest in WWI as there is in WWII and the Civil War.