Where are the raft/assault boat counters?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got Beyond Valor and was surprised that there are no raft/assault boat counters. I see that they come with Yanks, which is long out of print and very expensive. Where else can I get them? I'd prefer not to buy a whole module for these counters...are there any third party raft/assault boat counters available?

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Small Rafts are available with CdG/Dinant (2020). Small Raft 1 (4), Small Raft 4 (16).

I doubt there are any more as the lettering is consistent: Small Raft 1 Yanks (A-D), CdG (E-H) and Small Raft 4 Yanks (A-P), CdG (Q-Z);(a-f)

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What edition of BV did you purchase?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt there are any more as the lettering is consistent: Small Raft 1 Yanks (A-D), CdG (E-H) and Small Raft 4 Yanks (A-P), CdG (Q-Z);(a-f)
Thanks. It sounds like there aren't any of the assault boats in CdG?

Hutch

Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
It sounds like there aren't any of the assault boats in CdG?
Not according to the Armory.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hmmm, no large rafts either. Kind of frustrating.... Looks like Yanks was last reprinted in 2008...could that possibly be right?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Module 3a or Yanks2. 2016.

probably cheaper to just make some?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would have thought that boats would be included in the more recent BV editions, as the rulebook now has chapter E included.
My bad.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Either that or Splash out on yanks?
LOL, I don't think so. The cheapest copy of Yanks (2nd Ed) on Noble Knight is $350, and a shrink-wrapped version is $650. Frankly I don't understand why MMP allows Yanks to go out of stock; a lot of players (especially US players) will be turned off the game if they can't buy one of the major combatants. I guess I'm lucky that BV was in stock.

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just got Beyond Valor and was surprised that there are no raft/assault boat counters. I see that they come with Yanks, which is long out of print and very expensive. Where else can I get them? I'd prefer not to buy a whole module for these counters...are there any third party raft/assault boat counters available?
Your wish is my... product opportunity. 😏

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your wish is my... product opportunity. 😏

View attachment 19228
ooh ooh, is that an actual product, or a mock-up? Sorry, but which company are you affiliated with? Exactly what I need!

[EDIT] Sorry, missed your Store link above...I'd actually seen your Landing Craft counters, but I didn't think that they include any rafts/assault boats (although I'll probably get the landing craft as well).

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ooh ooh, is that an actual product, or a mock-up? Sorry, but which company are you affiliated with? Exactly what I need!

[EDIT] Sorry, missed your Store link above...I'd actually seen your Landing Craft counters, but I didn't think that they include any rafts/assault boats (although I'll probably get the landing craft as well).
I threw it together last night. Less than 6 hours, when you exclude meal/walk/bathroom breaks. I should get the proofs tomorrow for review - if I didn't make any mistakes, I might have a finished product in 2-3 weeks (along with some restocking of existing product).

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I threw it together last night. Less than 6 hours, when you exclude meal/walk/bathroom breaks. I should get the proofs tomorrow for review - if I didn't make any mistakes, I might have a finished product in 2-3 weeks (along with some restocking of existing product).
Wow you're good; I'm in for the rafts and LCs, maybe some of your other stuff once you restock--not much available in your store ATM. Good job man!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wow you're good; I'm in for the rafts and LCs, maybe some of your other stuff once you restock--not much available in your store ATM. Good job man!
Yup, it's my own pandemic odyssey (aka first world problems).

Hutch

Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The cheapest copy of Yanks (2nd Ed) on Noble Knight is $350, and a shrink-wrapped version is $650.
o_O My gosh! That's insane.

Given the patience this would be (a somewhat questionable) way to finance the entire hobby.

von Marwitz